/sigh. i think i have lost sight of God

"For the weapons of our warfare are not _______
But mighty through _____
for the pulling down of __________
casting down ________________________ that exalts itself against the knowledge of G-d."

Fill in the blanks.

ok. now its a war. i got a little sticker thingy on the back of my door now. it says choose ye this day whom ye will serve. and now everyday i look at it and say to myself "God or the flesh?" I have been choosing God all day so far but im not out of the woods yet. i feel i can get just like 2 days free from this temptation my will to fight it will increase and my spirit of hopelessness will go away. its only a matter of time.
Joey

Awesome man! Who wants to sow a seed in the kingdom of darkness anyway? Not me! I want to be blessed by the seeds I sow! If I sow bad seeds it leads to distruction! Paul was going through the same thing with the flesh (Rom chp 7 I think). This trial you may be going through, do you know how its going to make you stronger when you come out? Did you ask God? Maybe this is a sign that you need to increase your time with him each day. Its a sign of a deep yearning thats not getting met. So maybe your replacing this yearning with sin?

I will continue to pray man! You ROCK!

Would it be improper to ask what this struggle is?

You are not alone and I am sure some of us deal/have dealt with the very same thing.

And don't be ashamed because you are justified by faith. (Ro something)

i will not the post the struggle on these forums but know that the spirit is back. it used to be that i had to force myself to pray for forgiveness after i fell. now i feel horrible and i am so happy! i can hear the spirit.
Joey

i got a little sticker thingy on the back of my door now. Joey

lucky, i dont even got a door...

still praying for you! you are doing awsome! The Devil is going to attack you harder now, dont lose hope! just stick through it. Try thinking "a few moments of 'joy' in the flesh, isnt anything compared to the Heaven."

yeah, i am on my third victory day. the temptation has been resisted for two days now! i hope even longer! school time.
Joey

praying, i know what its like, im struggling with a strong temptation at the moment too. Reciting Bible verses when i am tempted helps a lot.

KEEP GOING JOEY!!!!!!

everything starts small, just keep going! The rewards are much sweeter!

keep going ducky!!! we believe in you! God is working miracles through you.

Back