SimCity

DanR12

Just wondering what kind of interest there is out there for SimCity. I've started looking at some of the stuff out there and it looks interesting. But then I'm a political science major and have always been interested in how populations handle issues. That and I spent an absurd amount of time playing SimCity 2000 back in the day.

SimCity 2000!!!*

Definitely will be interested in SimCity... once I can get it cheap. ^_^

Seriously. I'm excited about a new SimCity game. I'm just exceedingly thrifty in my gaming habits as a rule, and I wait until I can get most games for $20 before I buy them.

*I pretty much never use multiple exclamation points.

I have one picture to sum out my feelings for the new SimCity, which I will not be buying or playing.

1359160968689.jpg

I tried to sign up for the SimCity beta but the application threw an error. I don't remember the specific error, though. :(

I can show you a zoomed out version, its a little better but now much. (FYI I didn't make the first picture)

740068_10151652866758079_1245193802_o.jpg

Plus always online DRM, one city only, no disasters and force multiplier doesn't help.

And if PC Gamer isn't lying then that picture is zoomed out.

I loved Simcity back in the day. Like the '90s. I have not found their stuff nearly as captivating since.

[toj.cc]phantom;470347 said:
Plus always online DRM, one city only, no disasters and force multiplier doesn't help.
Link?

Not doubting you, just hoping it's not true as I was looking forward to this and always-on DRM gets any single-player game instantly drop kicked from my wish list.

Tek it is most def always online, the forums are ablaze for the past year over this decision.

But it can't be one city only??!? That is insane stupid.

Last edited:
Tek it is most def always online, the forums are ablaze for the past year over this decision.

But it can't be one city only??!? That is insane stupid.

Never mind about the one city thing, apparently is was bad info put out by some site or maybe even Maxis on accident. It was all cleared up.

Well, that makes my decision easy then. Always on DRM = no sale.

But I still hope that those who choose to buy and play it enjoy it! :)

Of all the Sim Cities I've played, this seems like the closest to Sim City 2000. And I'll be curious how the always on works because I lost connection a number of times while playing the beta and it let me keep playing.

/. just had an article on a guy getting banned from his game due to him making a post on the forums about not being able to log in.

Aka EA took his money and then denied him access because he made a post on their forums.

/. just had an article on a guy getting banned from his game due to him making a post on the forums about not being able to log in.

Aka EA took his money and then denied him access because he made a post on their forums.
Would want to see proof before believing, but I have read similar reports regarding EA's approach to customer "service."

Back