SimCity

So I did the dirtiest thing ever. I bought a EA/Origin game that has over 1500 one-star ratings on Amazon.

And you know what? The game is REALLY FUN. Tebran, Augcliffe, and Mordos joined me to start up a region and we must have played 6 hours straight followed by another long session the next day. I had zero issues except for one 15 min roll back. So i guess waiting 3 days and playing on the new servers makes a huge difference. This game is already worth the cost of admission. It is brilliant and addicting.

So I did the dirtiest thing ever. I bought a EA/Origin game that has over 1500 one-star ratings on Amazon.

And you know what? The game is REALLY FUN. Tebran, Augcliffe, and Mordos joined me to start up a region and we must have played 6 hours straight followed by another long session the next day. I had zero issues except for one 15 min roll back. So i guess waiting 3 days and playing on the new servers makes a huge difference. This game is already worth the cost of admission. It is brilliant and addicting.
shame!

I am disappoint.

I bought Anno 2070 this morning because EA made me do it. It's multiplayer just like the latest SimCity, but it feels more hardcore than the previous SimCities I have played. It's from Ubisoft and they've done their own rendition of DRM before, but at least in the past they've learned from it.

Anno 2070 seems like a well-made game so far.

D: TRAITOR!!!

lol

Glad the game is proving fun. I wasn't convinced it looked that good at first. As I watched Day[9] and JP stream their "first to 100,000 citizens" competition, the game went from "looks like the Sims" (not a dig on the Sims--I rather enjoy my Sims 3--but Sims and Sim City were different beasts in my mind) to "I actually really like some of these ideas; it doesn't look like the Sim Cities I know, but I'll pick it up once it works and I can get it for $15 and everything is ironed out."

Enjoy! With any luck, you'll still enjoy it once I finally get it. :D

Yeah it was the Day[9] stream that made me impulse buy, it looked like he was having a total blast. So I bought, and am having a total blast! Such a guilty pleasure.

Yeah it was the Day[9] stream that made me impulse buy, it looked like he was having a total blast. So I bought, and am having a total blast! Such a guilty pleasure.

day9 and JP do that kind of thing when they play games, and SimCity has been number 2 on the twitch streams for a while since release (second to LoL of course). Watching them play made me want to get a copy too, but now that I've played both SimCity and Anno 2070 I feel they are both satisfying in different ways somehow. I have a love/hate relationship with EA.

I am saving my gaming money for better games coming out in the next month. And I really do not ever believe Miracle anymore. He plays games for like two weeks and then gets bored ;)

I am saving my gaming money for better games coming out in the next month. And I really do not ever believe Miracle anymore. He plays games for like two weeks and then gets bored ;)
Which games are you thinking about in the next month?

While this is true, it makes my judgments on what is good even better because I am such a harsh critic and play a lot of titles.

Actually it's about 2 days if the game is bad, good games all get a month from me. GW2, TSW, TERA, etc...

That's $720 per year in games if you bought 12 $60 games per year.

My eyes just started watering!

Oh I rarely, if ever, pay full retail. I am a super frugal buyer and play alot of F2P games. I have such a huge steam library I can hold on most game till the sales come. Even Simcity I got at $10 off and get the free choice of Origin game with it.

Oh I rarely, if ever, pay full retail. I am a super frugal buyer and play alot of F2P games. I have such a huge steam library I can hold on most game till the sales come. Even Simcity I got at $10 off and get the free choice of Origin game with it.

And that is not counting his iGames and the games he plays with his kids.

Where did you score the $10 / off deal?

Regardless where you stand on the love EA/hate EA spectrum, it's good to know that we can all rally around great sales on games.

I did it too. I bought it. I figured there's only one other game on my radar that I'm interested in (Splinter Cell) so why not? The server issues are annoying. I hate that just because I jump on another server, it makes me play the tutorial... again. The friends list in game doesn't work. It keeps telling me that I have no friends but when I look at Origin on my desktop, it'll show me people playing. Quite frankly, the game does feel like a beta with all the issues.

But it's a fun game, that's for sure. Once they get the server issue squared away (and they still have a ways to go on that) and assuming they get around to making the game run better, then we'll really have something great here. If you want my more in-depth thoughts, my short review is up over at Misfit Politics (http://misfitpolitics.co/2013/03/fan-review-simcity/).

I am curious as to what limitations they're going to put on the "free game" they're giving us. Do we have our choice over the whole store or are they going to put some $10 limit on it? I'll be honest, if they put a small limit on it, I'll be insulted. It's not that I'm not grateful, but by doing that, they would prevent me from getting anything I'd be interested in adding insult to injury. In the announcement, they brought it up that this was like giving a present to a friend after you did something crummy. Well by limiting us, it'd be like giving a present to a friend after you did something crummy and that present was celery when they really don't like celery.

Back