Star Citizen

Kendrik

Staff member
Official site

I don't even feel the need to hype up or otherwise explain the game. Seems to me that the odds are that if you like space sims, you've probably already heard of Star Citizen. If you haven't, the official site is above; get to it flyboy/flygirl. If you don't like space sims, we have counselors nearby to help you with your condition. :p

Seriously. Stoked for the game on principle of its existence alone. Of course, what I have seen displayed only bolsters that excitement the idea of the game began.

Who else is looking forward to the game? :D

Last edited:
I heard about this game a while back because the Wing Commander guy was making it. Probably won't play on my system though.

I wonder how many of the people interested in this are old enough to have actually played Wing Commander and know what this game is channeling. Ah if only my computer worked with serial ports and archaic drivers I would so try to use my old flight stick. That thing was a brick and felt oh so good.

Last edited:
I wonder how many of the people interested in this are old enough to have actually played Wing Commander and know what this game is channeling.
Haven't the slightest idea. Then again, it makes me very happy to think of a new generation of space-sim enthusiasts. :D

Ah if only my computer worked with serial ports and archaic drivers I would so try to use my old flight stick. That thing was a brick and felt oh so good.
Sounds amazing.

[video=youtube;-ZxHAZChcYU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZxHAZChcYU[/video]

Ah if only my computer worked with serial ports and archaic drivers I would so try to use my old flight stick. That thing was a brick and felt oh so good.
Makes me want to dig out my old Microsoft Sidewinder Pro and my Descent II CD.

Good times, man.

Don't mean to necro an old post, but couldn't find a better place to post. I'm a Star Citizen backer as well...
I'm Apoapsis on the Starcitizen website.

Looks rather cool. I never got into Eve Online as the learning curve was not to my taste. I also dislike that you can spend all that time building up an amazing ship to have it wiped out in one big space battle. Also the spreadsheets in space aspect of the game turned me off a bit.

Eve certainly has its following and I don't want to begrudge those that play it. I like my gaming dumbed down like WoW and the rest of the mainstream MMO selections.

I doubt I will buy this one as I have enough games on my want-to-finish/play list already, but it looks pretty good.

This is one controversial game. I've heard people either loving it or dismissing it as Chris Roberts' pipe dream that will never see completion.
That being said, I backed it for $35, so I got access to Arena Commander (the "dogfighting module" that they've released to the public where you fight waves of AI ships). It's... interesting. The flying is super-realistic (there's a virtual computer that translates your orders to turn into various movements on rockets around the ship), which makes it super-difficult. Half the keyboard is already mapped to various flight functions, so I'm guessing the finished game will take a long time to learn.
There's also Elite: Dangerous, which seems to be a clear competitor to SC. I haven't looked into it much, but from what I've heard it's already in beta.

I did wonder if SC would ever get finished - but with that amount of money in the backing, it has to, surely! I dribble thinking about it - but is it going to cost an arm and a leg and will we need to run the latest cutting edge hardware to play??.
Elite: Dangerous - haven't seen anything about that yet, and as that was the game I cut my teeth on ( wire-frame), I have fond memories of it - but how different will it be from Egosoft's X-series I wonder? I have all of those and play them on and off, so unless Elite had something really special to offer, not sure I would get it now.

Here is some fun in the game right now.. Check it out :)

[video=youtube;QlJFfc7Kwy4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlJFfc7Kwy4[/video]

It is a blast and with Large World coming out and 8 vs 8 it will only get better.. :)

TW

Last edited:
That was his first time flying ever and he had mouse issues until we figured it out what was causing the issues with his drift upward all the time. It was his Bluetooth driver...

Sorry to hear that. Don't really like the CoD genre of games but I like this and not really for the FPS part of it but for the other parts of the game.. Well at least you took a look at it.. :)

TW

Here is another video of just some flying around action. Taking on the bad guys. The Vanduul
[video=youtube;J-IWyUIEKlk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-IWyUIEKlk[/video]

Hope you enjoy,
TW

Back