Star Trek Online Christian Guild

Sandman

Let me start off by saying I think this is a great way for Christians gamers to find other Christian groups and guilds. Unfortunately you are not well advertised because if you had been I could have been in your forums long time ago. If you wanted to you could setup a website with all the Christian groups and the games they play and support kind of like a directory if you will. A good way to start would be get all the clans, groups, and guild to send you their information and then just list it on your website for other Christian gamers but this is merely a suggestion.

Star Trek Online, STO, is now a free-to-play game. For those trekkie Christian gamers I would like to direct your attention to Zion fleet. We are a Christian fleet/guild and slowly growing and we have been around since launch. Zion fleet is part of the Christian Gaming Community whose members play various games and enjoy good fellowship. We have TeamSpeak 3 and is useful especially with some of the quests/missions. Its is also a great way to fellowship with the rest of the Christian fleet members. We also have alliances with two other Christian fleets/guilds. Applications and contact information can be found at www.zionfleet.com

I saw a phrase during my online research that went like this "Because Saving the Universe never gets old" Game on Christian Brothers and Sisters!!

Tarsis and I have already joined this guild. And he's right, we aren't well advertised, but I don't have any suggestions for fixing that.

Yea I can say since I have returned to STO this week, I can say this group has been fun to be in.

I have learned alot from them.

STO is a great game, and the foundry adds a whole new creative level. I could see this game gaining in popularity very quickly. I hope more and more believers join zion fleet. GAME-ON!

What is the real cost of STO, including the hidden micro transactions?

I swear I posted on that someplace. BUT Ok ill try to do this again.

I have seen only a few limitations that are requiring money to use. they are as follows

1. You are limited to a million energy credits on the FTP, this is up-gradable with Cryptic Points however I'm level 40 now and I have only 200 k Energy Credits, and I'm not trying to make them.

2. Bag Space is slightly limited however the limits are more then acceptable they are 6 x 12 spots and for 400 Cryptic points you can double that. (however the 6x12 are more then enough since you carry with you your own personal vendor that you can sale your unwanted stuff too for Energy credits)

3. Bank slots I didnt count these but its again very decent size, and you can buy increases to this as well but its not really required as far as I can tell.

4. Character Slots: You get 2 and you can buy more, not an issue for me really because alot of games do things like this.

5. Bridge crew numbers: you can buy more of these but you dont really need them so once again not an issue.

6. Appearance items. You can buy items to make your characters and ships look unique, however not really required.

7. Some small ship upgrades for lower levels, at ranks of Captain and Admiral you can unlock special ships that allow you a extra utility however once again not really required.

I may have missed something but I am now level 40 and I have felt no abnormal limits to the FTP account. I have no chat limits, no trade limits and no ship limits, outside of the cool looking ones and the special utility ones, that I am more then willing to buy from them since I have enjoyed the game. I know companies need to make money but I love it when they leave it to optional so I can do it for myself not for the sake of playing it.

You can level from 0 to 50 with no need to buy anything.

I was looking at the game today, and checking out the wiki. The game may be a bit complex for me. I primarily play Guild Wars and it has taken me 5.5 years to learn to play it at a reasonable level of competence. I might try it, but I don't want to get too frustrated.

I just got the game downloaded last night and hope to check it out sometime this coming weekend. Do you guys have any tips as far as race/class or any specific recommendations for starting out? If there is crafting in the game, that will definitely NOT be my focus as it tends to bore me and put me to sleep.

Seems to me that with all the bridge crew you can bring along, you can fill any holes, so any class/race combo should be fine. I think the crafting is pretty skippable as well. However I have not played that much so maybe someone else can elaborate.

The Free-to-Play does not have any real money cost to play the game. However, yes there is a however, in order to get some of the better ships, uniforms, and those items that you want to have for your toon then there is the C-store which does take real money. Can you play without having to buy items from the C-store? Definitely.

Star trek Online is reasonably simple to play its just another grind just like anyother MMO. Perfect World did change the grind some so it is actually easier and faster to rank up in the game in comparison to before when Activision had it.

If anyone has questions about missions or the game we have developed a large resource in the past few weeks. Feel free to talk to Griffin, Tagtaris, Augcliffe or myself for more information. My apologies to those that I did not mention due to failing memory.

Last edited:
Oh and about the races and traits build check out our website www.zionfleet.com . I put some information in about races and traits and the forums has some suggested builds as well.

About crafting its a good way to outfit your ship and character with really decent rank appropriate gear. Unfortunately by the time you get to Rear or Vice Admiral the gear becomes too expensive to craft. The exchange/auction house becomes a good source for weapons and ground gear then.

Back