Steam Summer Camp Sale

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
Yet another Steam sale is upon us log in to check it out or not. It runs from June 30th to July 10th with new deals each day. Just an FYI :) .

EDIT: Maybe it is just me but it seems like games on Steam are going cheaper faster (with the exception of everything owned by EA XD ). Perhaps because of the economy?

Last edited:
I just remember last summer's sale and the cries of my wallet. He's already starting to squirm..

Recettear is $5.00 today.

Everything else is irrelevant.

Seriously, Recettear is an excellent game. In a market overcrowded with generic space marines, generic military shooters, and generic hack-and-slash games, Recettear is like a double rainbow across a gray-brown (now with muzzle flash!) sky.

wow out of all those games Recattear does seem to be the best deal so far...
Although would boarderlands be worth it?

Last edited:
wow out of all those games Recattear does seem to be the best deal so far...
Although would Borderlands be worth it?

Short response because you only have 40 minutes left IMO no.

Pros: Procedural weapon generating system makes finding new weapons fun and also the driving force for playing the game. Has Co-op but that point is moot if you haven't another player, you want to play with, with a second copy.

Cons: Forgettable plot. Some rather crude/objectionable dialog only mitigated by the fact there is not a lot of plot period. Enemies are stupid as bricks and reused a bit to much. Also has Securerom in the DLC.

Enemies will also die to you in graphic ways but it's not very realistic, it didn't bother me.
If you like getting fat loot than the game will have appeal to you but if you want substance and a thought provoking story pass.

EDIT: Also did you see my post mentioning Toj has a copy of Minecraft members can try out free? Interested?

Last edited:
Seems like Recettear would have been a fun Father/Daughter game. I did pick it up for my little one though based on all the fantastic reviews by you all. I was also eyeballing Borderlands since it was only $7.50, but I didn't do it. Will likely get Magic Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 sometime instead.

Got some good deals today, picked up a few items. I need to put in a plug for Space Chem, since I'm the only one I know who plays it and it's a fabulous puzzle game that's a total bargain at $5. The game is one of the few puzzle games I know that has nearly complete freedom in how you solve its challenges which means that when you get the answer it will always be your unique solution and not some predetermined one. It's tremendously satisfying, makes you feel like a genius when you get it right. It has a fairly meaty demo, so if $5 is too much of a risk you can try that out first.

Seems like Recettear would have been a fun Father/Daughter game. I did pick it up for my little one though based on all the fantastic reviews by you all.
Huzzah! It does my heart good to know that I and others on our forums inspired another person to buy Recettear.

On the topic of today's (Saturday, July 2) sales: Anyone interested in going in on a Hoard 4-pack or a Magicka 4-pack?

I had planned to hold out for a sale on the PSN version of Hoard (especially since I haven't bought a Logitech F710 yet, it's a hassle to swap my PS3 controller between my PC and PS3, and I don't have a dual analog stick PC gamepad), but, man, $3 for Hoard? That's hard to pass up.

I thought about getting the Magicka complete set for $8.49, but I don't know how important it is to get the DLC for multiplayer and I don't know if the DLC makes it worth spending almost 3 times the cost of the base game.

Thoughts?

I thought about getting the Magicka complete set for $8.49, but I don't know how important it is to get the DLC for multiplayer and I don't know if the DLC makes it worth spending almost 3 times the cost of the base game.

The DLC is really not necessary. The real fun in the game is just getting into fights in coop with friends. If you still want a 4 pack I'll but one copy of that.

The DLC is really not necessary. The real fun in the game is just getting into fights in coop with friends. If you still want a 4 pack I'll but one copy of that.
Cool.

That's 2/4. Anyone else interesting in picking up Magicka?

Or Hoard?

That's 2/4. Anyone else interesting in picking up Magicka?

Or Hoard?
On second thought, I'm just going to buy Magicka and Hoard on my own. We'd lose more in Paypal fees than we'd save.

The Summer Camp achievement for Hoard has made me regret buying the game.

I wish I could get my $3 back. :( Don't buy Hoard unless you don't care about the Summer Camp achievement in the slightest.

EDIT: Also, be forewarned that the PC version of Hoard does NOT have local co-op like the PSN version does. :(

Last edited:
I did a duh, I checked the price on Sacred Gold with the Amazon sale, and on Steam, same price so I bought it from Steam to replace my lost game, in a move things disappear into a strange time/space warp to appear, maybe, years later. The duh being I could have done Amazon and helped CGA a little. I think I'll go beat my head against the wall until I get smarter.:p

I bought Torchlight for $3. I figured if I was going to play Torchlight 2 down the road with "the guys" I had better see if I like the game at all first. So far to me the most appealing thing I've read about the game was it's mod ability but I don't want to get into trying to make stuff for another game.

Last edited:
I bought Torchlight for $3. I figured if I was going to play Torchlight 2 down the road with "the guys" I had better see if I like the game at all first.
I was very, very tempted to get Torchlight for $3, then my wrists cried out in terror. If there's ever a console version of Torchlight, I'd be interested in giving it a shot. I still <3 PC games, but PC dungeon crawlers like Diablo are so hard on my wrists. :(

So far to me the most appealing thing I've read about the game was it's mod ability but I don't want to get into trying to make stuff for another game.
Stay the course, Gerbil! We're all waiting for the final version of koth_war-house. :)

Back