Taking suggestions for ToJ web development domain name

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
As mentioned in a separate thread, rhematom will be starting work on the foundation of the next ToJ web site soon. As part of the project, we'll be selecting and registering a new domain name for ToJ. We may keep the domain name after we update the toj.cc nameservers entry to point to the new site, so I'd like the domain name to be something we can use for years to come.

Suggestions?

tribeofjudah.cc Available
TribeOfJudah.co Available
TribeOfJudah.me Available
TribeOfJudah.biz Available
TribeOfJudah.us Available
TribeOfJudah.info Available
TribeOfJudah.asia Available
Tribe-Of-Judah.com Available
Tribe-Of-Judah.org Available
Tribe-Of-Judah.net Available
Tribe-Of-Judah.us Available
Tribe-Of-Judah.info Available
Tribe-Of-Judah.mobi Available
Tribe-Of-Judah.me Available
Tribe-Of-Judah.co Available
Tribe-Of-Judah.biz Available
Tribe-Of-Judah.asia Available

I'd like to stick with a .com to keep it cheap. And while it may be an outdated opinion, I still think .biz or .info look a little...tacky.

we have .cc right now (isn't that tacky?), why not another .cc? Or are you talking about renaming the group altogether?

Also the price is the same across the board if you use the right host.

Last edited:
we have .cc right now (isn't that tacky?), why not another .cc? Or are you talking about renaming the group altogether?
I didn't say anything about .cc looking tacky, just .biz and .info. And again, it's just my personal opinion.

Also the price is the same across the board if you use the right host.
We pay more for our .cc domain than the CGA pays for its .org domain and we use the same registrar (1&1).

EDIT: And to clarify: The new domain would NOT replace toj.cc and we are not looking to rename ToJ. The purpose of the new domain would be to simplify development on the next web site.

Will we be pointing toj.cc to the new URL or the new URL to toj.cc?

Read the possibilities, so far I still like toj.cc best. :p

Will we be pointing toj.cc to the new URL or the new URL to toj.cc?

Read the possibilities, so far I still like toj.cc best. :p
While the new site is still in development and testing, we'll be using the new domain name to point to it.

Once the new site is ready to go live (and move from development to production), we'll take down the old site and re-configure toj.cc to point to the new site.

Make sense?

Perhaps I'm missing something and forgive me if this was answered somewhere that I missed, but why change the name at all? It's the name that people know already and it also means that people may be stuck with previously registered names w/ clantags that are no longer current.

I see quite a few [toj.cc] tags floating around. You may be able to change them on Steam, but not so on PSN.

Last edited:
Perhaps I'm missing something and forgive me if this was answered somewhere that I missed, but why change the name at all? It's the name that people know already and it also means that people may be stuck with previously registered names w/ clantags that are no longer current.
While the new site is still in development and testing, we'll be using the new domain name to point to it.

Once the new site is ready to go live (and move from development to production), we'll take down the old site and re-configure toj.cc to point to the new site.
We will continue to use www.toj.cc as our main URL. The additional domain we register will only be used temporarily to point to the new site while it's under development (on a separate hosting plan).

In my short search both toj.com and christiangamers.com are being sold but most certainly not cheap (christiangamers.com was under auction with a $100 buy it now but I didn't read details to make sure of no hidden fees, still if one could get it at a low bid).

Of the un-owned names I can think of quickly maybe...

tojclan.com
clantoj.com
tojgamers.com
tribeofjudahclan.com

Last edited:
TOJSimpson.org

Whats wrong with this one? :p

And I know I came in late, but if we arent going to be keeping it forever (and even if we were, this would still apply..), why wouldn't you just use a subdomain for it? I do this all the time when I am developing new sites, or playing with new things.

I guess if the name was coming with the hosting, then that would make sense... :)

Because Jesus wouldn't settle for owning a subdomain, so why would we?

/bad theological argument

herp derp...yeah why not a sub domain?
Because (and rhematom can correct me if I misunderstood) DotNetNuke doesn't play nice if installed in a subfolder or subdomain.

EDIT: Well, that, and we wanted to develop the new site on a separate web hosting plan anyway. Domain names are cheap and it was simpler this way.

Last edited:
Back