The Last Pope and a New Beginning

G

St. Malachi in the Eleventh Century accurately predicted the next 264 Popes. A problem arises when we consider that we are now on the last few Popes. Some have thought that this would indicate The End of the World. Suddenly, in the last few days I have discerned another possibility – that the “Roman” Catholic Church will achieve a reconciliation with the Jewish Community. This will happen after the Church, through some huge Miracle, first incorporates the Palestinians of Jerusalem. The One True Church will surrender the Chair of Peter in Rome and have it reinstalled in the Religious Capital of the World, Holy Jerusalem. Thus will end the Line of Roman Popes and begin the New Line of High Priests to The Universal Church of the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth.

A new line of high priests for heaven on earth? Have you read the Bible? When heaven floats down to earth there will be no preists there will be God and that is it. All those in heaven will be pure and blameless therefore priests are not needed. Infact they are not needed today. All we need today are pastors not preists.

I thought the vatican is miffed at the jews because they would not let them build the vatican on Israel ground.

There are many signs of the endtimes without looking at papal lineage. But we are not there yet. If the church of the seven hills forgives and reconsiles with the jews then that puts the new pope in an ideal situation for religious and political supremacy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mrpopdrinker @ Oct. 13 2003,9:47)]A new line of high priests for heaven on earth? Have you read the Bible? When heaven floats down to earth there will be no preists there will be God and that is it. All those in heaven will be pure and blameless therefore priests are not needed. Infact they are not needed today. All we need today are pastors not preists.
Have you read the rest of Revelations? It is apochrophal writing. None of it is literal. Some of Revelations has already played out. The First Angel in Rev 14, the Angel of Judgment was St. Vincent Ferrer of the 15th Century. If Revelations is so crystal clear, then why didn't you know that already?

My little Thesis here explains the Transition between Rome (which prophecy says only has so many Popes and we are on our last one or two) and the Church of the New Jerusalem. Besides, what do you care -- if you are right then you will be raptured away and you won't have to worry about it.

Thats right you cahtolics believe that everything in revelation has happend. Believe me it hasent. Read Revelation 11:9 "and for three and and a half days men from every people tribe nation and language will gaze on their dead bodies and refuse them buriel" That was not possable untill satalite came out sounds like furture prophecy to me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CCGR @ Oct. 13 2003,10:08)]I thought the vatican is miffed at the jews because they would not let them build the vatican on Israel ground.

There are many signs of the endtimes without looking at papal lineage.  But we are not there yet. If the church of the seven hills forgives and reconsiles with the jews then that puts the new pope in an ideal situation for religious and political supremacy.
When did the Pope ever suggest building in Israel? Recently?

No... or I would be surprised. I really do think that the Church's reliance on the veracity of Paul has lead it into a rut of Anti-Semitism. Today, the Vatican would not even want to go to Jerusalem. As a Priest told me, "We don't need their Religion... we have our own". The Church has lost the Vision that Christ had intended only that the Dispensation be extended to the Gentiles, not that the Gentiles grab it and go off in a whole new direction leaving the People of the Promise behind.

Also, we had Jerusalem. For a couple of generations we had Jerusalem. But the Pope didn't lift a finger to make that his new center of communications. And then we lost Jerusalem because our attention wondered and we couldn't be bother with keeping up garrisons and keeping the roads secure. Rome was good enough, is the way the Pope's saw it. They are happy to call it the 'Roman' Catholic Church, not realizing the silly contradiction in terms. "Catholic" means universal, but then to modify the concept of "universal" with a limiting modifier -- its ridiculous. A "univeral" Church is not limited to certain district. That is how stupid and parochial these fat bishops are. But they will be carried along by greater forces than their own ability to make idiotic decisions -- which is the only way anything really great will transpire.

Oh yeah, about the sheer quantity of Prophecy out there for the End Times.

I only wish I had even a shadow of some idea of how Islam could be brought on board. There was a great Saint in Northern India back a few Centuries who tried to reconcile Islam and Hinduism -- and in his Life Time he made some headway, but then there were riots at his funeral as each section tried to bury the body in their own religions death rites. So his body, Kabir's body, turned into a bunch of roses, so that half could be buried hindu and half Muslim. But then it all fell apart again and there was no lasting anything. But Catholicism and Islam are not nearly as far apart as Islam and Hinduism. But, still, the differences that are there seem irreconcilable. But if I keep bumping my head into the wall, I finally break through and see a possibility somewhere. I just don't want to give up on them and assume they are the enemy -- if Kabir was willing to uphold them, so am I. The Prots, though, someone else will have to worry about them. As far as I am concerned they are the Army of the Antichrist.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The Prots, though, someone else will have to worry about them. As far as I am concerned they are the Army of the Antichrist.

Ironic...I feel the same way about you, Leo. Go figure.

Cory

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mrpopdrinker @ Oct. 14 2003,2:37)]Thats right you cahtolics believe that everything in revelation has happend. Believe me it hasent. Read Revelation 11:9 "and for three and and a half days men from every people tribe nation and language will gaze on their dead bodies and refuse them buriel" That was not possable untill satalite came out sounds like furture prophecy to me.
Not 'everything'. There are three Angels in Rev 14. They do not appear at once but one at a time.

Again, be careful about literally translating Revelations into your own terms. It was apochrophal writing -- deliberately stuffed with iconic symbols and numbers of numerological import. Why? well, they didn't have Printing Presses, and so Revelations wasn't meant to be read but REMEMBERED. so it was written not so much to be true as easy to remember. so does "every tribe of every nation" mean that the Bushman in Australia would necessarilly be in on it, or does it refer to a Cosmopolitan/International assembly? don't put more in it then it was ever meant to be.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mrpopdrinker @ Oct. 13 2003,10:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (LionOfJudah @ Oct. 13 2003,11:36)]cough anti christ
Yup. He will unite everyone. Alhough eventually the Jews will figure it out.
That is how I see the present alliance between the Zionists in Israel and the Fundamentalist Christians. The Prots and the Israeli's who are murdering everyone are now thick as thieves. That is why Islam has a problem with the United States. Israel would have accepted Peace terms years ago if the United States did not continuously enable their ability to sustain the slaughter.

It only makes sense that the Anti-Christ will have a strong American contingent. America is the last superpower. Simply to give the Antichrist the numerical superiority that prophecy claims for him, it would have to have American support. And then, even united, the Catholic Church, the Religious Jews, and all of Islam would be inferior to the combined arms of the United States and Zionist Israel. The Second Coming of Christ will be necessary to defeat America.

I am not. You see this book is prophecy so it meens anyone who can watch fox news will gaze on their bodies. I give to you now Revelation 22:18-19 "I warn anyone the words of the prophecy of this book if anyone adds anything to them God will add to him the ten plagues of egypt. And if anyone takes away from this book of prophecy God will take away from his share in the tree of life and in the Holy City which are described in this book". Do not take away the prophecy in this book for catholic dogma.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leo Volont @ Oct. 14 2003,4:09)]
[b said:
[b said:
That is how I see the present alliance between the Zionists in Israel and the Fundamentalist Christians.  The Prots and the Israeli's who are murdering everyone are now thick as thieves.  That is why Islam has a problem with the United States.  Israel would have accepted Peace terms years ago if the United States did not continuously enable their ability to sustain the slaughter.  

It only makes sense that the Anti-Christ will have a strong American contingent.  America is the last superpower.  Simply to give the Antichrist the numerical superiority that prophecy claims for him, it would have to have American support.  And then, even united, the Catholic Church, the Religious Jews, and all of Islam would be inferior to the combined arms of the United States and Zionist Israel.  The Second Coming of Christ will be necessary to defeat America.
No the EU will become the superpower and the antichrist will come from there. Yisrael would accept peace terms if the palestinians would stop blowing up cafes. The second coming of Yeshua will defeat everyone but Yisrael.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leo Volont @ Oct. 14 2003,3:09)]
[b said:
[b said:
That is how I see the present alliance between the Zionists in Israel and the Fundamentalist Christians.  The Prots and the Israeli's who are murdering everyone are now thick as thieves.  That is why Islam has a problem with the United States.  Israel would have accepted Peace terms years ago if the United States did not continuously enable their ability to sustain the slaughter.  

It only makes sense that the Anti-Christ will have a strong American contingent.  America is the last superpower.  Simply to give the Antichrist the numerical superiority that prophecy claims for him, it would have to have American support.  And then, even united, the Catholic Church, the Religious Jews, and all of Islam would be inferior to the combined arms of the United States and Zionist Israel.  The Second Coming of Christ will be necessary to defeat America.
Welll........... maybe not.

America is really not that strong anymore. It might not need God Himself to neutralize America's ability to interfer and cause trouble.

For instance, if both China and Japan pooled their dollar reserves and went to the floor of a Major World Exchange and said "here take them! They're free", then the American Economy would collapse. The rest of the World would be shaken, but with the Euro and Yen reserves they could weather the storm. But a super cheap dollar would reveal America's greatest strategic and economic weakness -- we no longer have anything to sell to anybody (thus the American mounting trade deficit which is proof they can't even manufacture for themselves anymore)

Also, one big Earthquake or a huge drought in the Mid West could accomplish the same thing. America has been in recession for years and only is able to show profits on the books by firing ever more employees every quarter to keep ahead of declining sales. The U.S. Government is bankrupting itself with effective moratoriums against taxation (at every level of government). They're collapsing of their own weight. It won't take Christ but just a good strong breeze to knock them over.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The Prots and the Israeli's who are murdering everyone are now thick as thieves.

wow that's the pot calling the kettle black...what about the crusades and inquisition?
caret to enlighten me on the murders I've committed? I'm sure it's the protestants in Ireland killing the innocent catholics and they are not fighting back at all, and turning the other cheek.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (www_rlxc_com @ Oct. 14 2003,10:14)]If every Catholic believed like you I would say you catholics are a satanic cult, having very little to do with christianity
Now, this raises an important question.

Leo *does* profess Jesus to be the Christ, and his Lord and Savior. By Protestant standards, that is all that is needed, is it not? However, the way you guys make it sound, just because Leo does not interpret the Bible the same way you do, he must not be a Christian. Now, I know the Bible as we have it today did not exist when Jesus walked, but did he ever say "To enter heaven, have faith in me, and literally interpret Holy Scriptures."? I do no think he did.

I must have missed that...mind finding that for me? And even if he said, that, does Jesus ever even say "Believe in me, and in my sovereignty?"

Interestingly, the one time someone asked Jesus straight out, "What must I do to gain eternal life?", Jesus started spouting off a list of acts (read: works) to perform, such as giving away his wealth.

Just a thought.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LionOfJudah @ Oct. 14 2003,3:04)]he believes in Jesus, but denies his soverienity
sovereignty: The quality or state of being sovereign, or of being a sovereign; the exercise of, or right to exercise, supreme power; dominion; sway; supremacy; independence; also, that which is sovereign; a sovereign state; as, Italy was formerly divided into many sovereignties.

How is Leo making Jesus any less sovereign than most Protestants do?

Does he know when he's coming back? Or is it just Jehovah that knows? (BTW, this also means that Jesus is not omnicient.)

If I am mistaken...I apologize...but I don't think you understand what "praying to Mary and the saints" is supposed to be for. The idea is not supposed to be worship, the idea is is that just like if your child asked grandma for something...or to convince mommy and daddy to let them do something.

(With that said, are there some Catholics who worship Mary as a goddess? Yeah. Are they supposed to? No.)

Same idea. I pray to St. Thomas becuase I'm doubting Christianity. Tom goes to Jesus and says, "Hey, remember when I was all like 'BS, Jesus never rose' and you popped up and made me stick my fingers into the nail holes? Big J's having the same crisis."

So, Jesus is still as free in Catholic Dogma as he is in all of the Protestant dogmas I am familiar with.

Back