The Pledge and Separation of Church and State

Ahhh, yes, we may want to convert the world, but at least we are not blowing people up right now because God told us too. (please do not mention the Crusades in response to this, I know that they existed. On behalf of those involved, I apologize for the mistakes that were made.)

Regarding the pledge, If someone does not like the phrase, one nation, Under God, then here is the simple response, Don't say it. It is not like we are trying to insert into the Pledge, one nation, unified through Jesus Christ, with Liberty, justice and hope for the rapture for all.

Looking at things from an objective point of view, I really see atheism being pushed down my throat more so than Christianity being promoted anywhere. A minister cannot pray in Jesus' name, lest he offend someone by praying as he believes. In fact, he would even have to sacrifice his beliefs in the one true and living God to make sure that no one is offended. How many times are Christians censured for stating their beliefs in a speech, yet, the ACLU or whomever will defend a person's rights not have any reference to God anywhere. Note, I metioned God, not Jesus.

I will admit, I do not know a lot about Leland. What I do know is that Atheism is as much a religion as Christianity.

Gen

Ahhh, yes, we may want to convert the world, but at least we are not blowing people up right now because God told us too. (please do not mention the Crusades in response to this, I know that they existed. On behalf of those involved, I apologize for the mistakes that were made.)

Regarding the pledge, If someone does not like the phrase, one nation, Under God, then here is the simple response, Don't say it. It is not like we are trying to insert into the Pledge, one nation, unified through Jesus Christ, with Liberty, justice and hope for the rapture for all.

Looking at things from an objective point of view, I really see atheism being pushed down my throat more so than Christianity being promoted anywhere. A minister cannot pray in Jesus' name, lest he offend someone by praying as he believes. In fact, he would even have to sacrifice his beliefs in the one true and living God to make sure that no one is offended. How many times are Christians censured for stating their beliefs in a speech, yet, the ACLU or whomever will defend a person's rights not have any reference to God anywhere. Note, I metioned God, not Jesus.

I will admit, I do not know a lot about Leland. What I do know is that Atheism is as much a religion as Christianity.

Gen

Woo Hoo!

Sing that beautiful song Gen! :D

I also am of the firm belief that man either puts his faith in someone, something or some cause. Hoping to find purpose..

Ignoring it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Forget the past and you are doomed to repeat it.

Gen, that's a bit disingenuous isn't it? If Christians didn't like the pledge the way it was, why didn't they just leave it be and save the God part for church?

Gen, I totally understand what you're saying, but I disagree with your objectivity. It's not atheism being pushed down your throat, it's a defense against the threat of a state religion. Where is a minister, praying in Jesus' name, not able to make that prayer? If it's outside the church, in the midst of MULTIPLE faiths, does it really have a place there?

Matthew 6:5-6: "And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men....when thou prayest, enter into thy closet and when thou has shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret...."

Gen

Atheism is as much a religion as bald is a hair color.

Back