The Power of God

[QUOTE='[toj.cc]I didn't realize that BY zeroing us out He would show us His power.[/QUOTE]

There have been many times in my life where I didn't fully realize how much God does for me until I had no option left but to trust in Him. :)

God is amazing.

I have something to share.

A week ago, I got a call from someone in my company down in San Antonio offering me a job. Now I just barely started looking down there. My wife and I have planned to move there at the end of this year when her enlistment in the US Air Force is up. We've been praying that we'd both be able to find a job down there and not have everything disrupted too much and now out of the blue I get a job offer. It's not just any job offer either. It's the perfect job offer for me. It is exactly what I wanted to land down there and it's with my company so my retirement, vacation, and pay will stay the same and everything. The only problem is that they want me down there about 2 months before I was planning to move. We prayed about it and decided that I better take it because I'll likely not find a better one between now and then. Besides, it was so perfect it must have been a gift from God.

What's even better is that they called me back and told me that they'll authorize $1500 to be placed in my check to help with moving expenses. WOW! They know my wife is getting out of the Air Force and that the Air Force will move us down there for free but they just decided to throw in $1500 dollars.

A couple of days later, my boss called me and told me that he was going to work with them to try to get it pushed back about 2 weeks because he needs me here until then. I thought, this is just too much. We had asked them if they could push it back any further because it was sooner than we wanted and then my boss out of the blue decides he wants to try to push it back and we haven't even told him that's what we wanted. Isn't God amazing?

So yeah, I'm moving to San Antonio, Texas next month but I'll be staying with an uncle in Austin until I find a place for me and my family to live in SA. I've been waiting to move back to Texas since I left in 1997 to serve in the Air Force. Now the Lord has blessed me to be able to and is providing the means. Once I get there, it will literally take an act of God to get me to move again. :p

That is Awesome d00d. Praise God, He is amazing!!! I am happy for you and will pray that all goes smoothly for you and your family.

sidenote:
one thing though...

watch out for penguins.

Wow... just, wow. It's like that song "Good is good all the time, all the time God is good"

Anyway:

I've been infamous for not caring what people think of me, and I was getting to the point when I thought maybe it wasn't worth it, when at camp we had these "encouragement letters" and someone wrote me one about how the admired me for not caring what other people think. God is good...

Last edited:
Wow... just, wow. It's like that song "Good is good all the time, all the time God is good"

Anyway:

I've been infamous for not caring what people think of me, and I was getting to the point when I thought maybe it wasn't worth it, when at camp we had these "encouragement letters" and someone wrote me one about how the admired me for not caring what other people think. God is good...
Good on ya, mate! That is actually an admirable quality.

For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? For if I were still pleasing men, I wouldn't be a servant of Christ.
Galations 1:10

Welcome back to Texas!! Bring some cold weather with you lol. I remember saying I would move anywhere God wanted me to but not to Florida or Texas. Well here I am in Texas and wondering when He'll deside on Florida ;)

Kel Queen of all Europe

Hmm.
4193.gif

I'll move anywhere God wants me to. Except Hawaii or another island paradise...

*waits...*

:D

well as for my testimony, i have no exciting dramatic miracles like ash did (that was amazing by the way o.o), but i do have a testimony of how God guides me through my day. I hear Him tell me little, simple tasks occassionally, and i think about them after i follow His words... i think of how what i did will impact my future, and i realize what i thought was a small thing he had me do, instead will be VERY important later on.

so it is no big miracle, but a little simple testimony of Christ living inside of me.

Amicus Dei of [FoG];173715 said:
well as for my testimony, i have no exciting dramatic miracles like ash did (that was amazing by the way o.o), but i do have a testimony of how God guides me through my day. I hear Him tell me little, simple tasks occassionally, and i think about them after i follow His words... i think of how what i did will impact my future, and i realize what i thought was a small thing he had me do, instead will be VERY important later on.

so it is no big miracle, but a little simple testimony of Christ living inside of me.

That is a great testimony. Too many people don't know when God speaks to them, It's like they don't recognize his voice. It is so wonderful that you do. And anything God asks of you, or tells you...is never small.

I claim my daughters problems with her eyes as a great testimony. She suffered long, I asked for prayer, you all prayed, and she was cured that very day :)
Thank you all for your prayers, thank God for the healing.

like amicus, i too have been hearing the lord talk to me a lot more, mainly since i joined in the alliance and the forums o_O. almost everyday i hear him talk to me, or say 'yep, that was me, good boy' and im like :D. so i also want to thank you all for helping me, whether you knew it or not, or did anything, you all have helped me. i pray all the time for God to bless you guess. and ash im glad you daughter is better, i guess i missed the update.
Thanks again everyone

like amicus, i too have been hearing the lord talk to me a lot more, mainly since i joined in the alliance and the forums o_O. almost everyday i hear him talk to me, or say 'yep, that was me, good boy' and im like :D. so i also want to thank you all for helping me, whether you knew it or not, or did anything, you all have helped me. i pray all the time for God to bless you guess. and ash im glad you daughter is better, i guess i missed the update.
Thanks again everyone

It is so awesome when we hear God's voice. It's makes our little trials and tribulations seem even smaller, knowing that not only is God there...but he is telling us what to do to get through it.

also, my daughter didn't miss much school work by the grace of God. She is caught up...only by the grace of God.

Thank you God, and thank all of you for your prayers.

It's really great to know we can have two-way communication with God isn't it?

It's time for some more :)

Let me tell a little story, a true one. (it’s kind of long, bear with me,)*WARNING* it is not a happy story.

There was a kid in school that none of the guys liked, but all of the girls did. His name was Keith. Most guys didn’t like him because the girls did, even their girlfriends. I was never one of those guys. I didn’t know him, so I didn’t judge him. Keith was not in sports and not a great student. Despite the fact that I drank lots of alcohol and did drugs, I played football and was a good student. I never hung out with Keith, I only knew about him through rumors. Well one night I got so drunk I couldn’t stand up. My “friends” abandoned me. Keith drove by, and knew me by reputation. He picked me up, took me back to his place, gave me lots of coffee, and “babysat” me. We became friends, close as brothers, from that day forward. I became an “outcast” in my old group. So be it. Keith and I would party together and have a good time chasing the girls. We always looked out for one another. Enter Chris…She was smart, she was a cheerleader, and she was popular. She joined Keith and I. I guess she saw us for who we were. All of a sudden Keith and I were back in the “group”. We never trusted them, but we would hang with them, and became friends again with them. But we always kept them at arms distance. Well one day I hung up with Chris and she was on her way over to pick me up. She never made it. She was hit by a drunk driver, another kid from our school, and died. She was only 16. This was my senior year in High School. We all took it hard. Keith and I fell back away from the “group”. Our “partying” became more and more frequent. Keith found out he had diabetes and it got worse. Then I wrecked my mom’s car, drinking and driving. I knew I had to do something, so I joined the army. I cleaned up, started searching for God, and found him. I grew up in the Chicago area, but got stationed in Louisiana. I liked it down there and stayed. I preached to Keith about cleaning up, especially with diabetes, but he never did. We fell apart, not as enemies, but became aquaintances.

Fast forward about15-20 years.

I was cleaned up, God was working in my life, I had a wife and 5 kids (this was before we got our nephew), and was happy. Keith, my brother, had a leg amputated, went blind, and didn’t clean his life up. He didn’t want to hear about God. He continued to party, being bitter about life. He was 1 year younger than me. He lived with his mom. He had no one significant in his life. His mother went to church and prayed for him all the time. But he was too stubborn. He died last year, his body just quit, between the diabetes and the partying, he just couldn’t make it. He was 38 years old. He did not OD or anything. His body just stopped.

Now that everyone is depressed I want to say 3 things…

1st one is I love ya Keith, you were my brother, I’m sorry I couldn’t do more for you. I wished you would have opened your heart. God was talking to us, all we needed to do was listen.

2nd thing…This is most important. Thank you God. You have always been with me, and I opened my heart to you. You accepted me as I accepted you. You protected me and made me the man I am today. Without you I am nothing, but with you I am everything. You are Mighty, Merciful, and Wonderful. I pray I never turn my back on you, for you will never turn your back on me. You always give us direction and I am so happy I followed it. Thank you Jesus.

3rd thing...I pray no one else takes the road that Keith took. Never forget God, he is there calling, all we have to do is listen.

*wipes his tears away*

Praise God...Thank you Jesus...

Last edited:
Was that too deep and depressing? I hear crickets chirping ;) I am sorry if it was.

I'm happy that I got through it and love God, so ultimately it has a happy ending.
Do I miss Keith? yes.
Will it rule my life, as Chris' death did for awhile? No.

God will rule my life, for he did not forsake me and I am his!

Back