The Secret World

BluBarry

Anyone else get invited to this beta? I am sure most people havent even heard of this game yet...

MMO based on historical secret Societies...

Just wondering if I will have anyone I know to play with?

Pretty sure this is still under NDA, may want to be careful mentioning it on public forums. :D

I am not in. I am pretty excited to see how this game does. With D3 and GW2 on my plate I just don't see having time for a subscription based game, but I really want this one to do well. It looks fantastic.

Love to hear more when it's out of NDA land. Looks promising.

Edit: Nevermind. It required Facebook to signup.... lamesauce.

Last edited:
Scratch that, I went to gamespot and got a beta key, I'm in this weekend.

Lloren, that is the facebook pregame hype, it is not the MMO itself.

Just signed up, too. But will be home in Philly so maybe my brother will want to play it and let me install it on his PC....

Wish I could talk about it...

NDA or not... There is strong language... I would feel wrong not advising everyone of that...

#shutsupnow

Tried it today.

To put it nicely, it took me much longer to install it than it did for me to play it, and not like it :(

Oh well.

Sounds like it's insanely buggy too. At least for the guys I've been hearing stuff from...

Sounds like it's insanely buggy too. At least for the guys I've been hearing stuff from...

Yeah, I won't specify because of the NDA, but I think anyone else who played will probably know some of the reasons for my opinion. From the forums, it seems a lot of people are liking it, so that's good. It just didn't meet my expectations at all :/

Maybe if i loved zombies and vampires alot more and maybe if i wanted a social hangout with cool street clothes ala APB with some Hellgate:London thrown in, but for a subscription game, this had very little pull to me.

I am pretty bummed, I wanted this to be as awesome as the hype, but after a short session I had no desire to check out anymore.

Yeah, I won't specify because of the NDA, but I think anyone else who played will probably know some of the reasons for my opinion. From the forums, it seems a lot of people are liking it, so that's good. It just didn't meet my expectations at all :/

There is no NDA on the weekend open beta that started yesterday, but there is one in effect for the closed beta.

Anyone who got an invite to play this weekend is not bound by a NDA.

That is straight from Funcom on their official forums.

I am pretty bummed, I wanted this to be as awesome as the hype, but after a short session I had no desire to check out anymore.

Someone send a doctor to Ewok's house. He is very ill to not want to check out a new game more. Or the game really stinks.

I was also really bummed. Y-axis invert did not work so it was almost unplayable for me. And it felt even more single person story driven than swtor. I will give it more time just because the premise is so intriguing ... But early impressions were a serious letdown.

I was also really bummed. Y-axis invert did not work so it was almost unplayable for me. And it felt even more single person story driven than swtor. I will give it more time just because the premise is so intriguing ... But early impressions were a serious letdown.

Agreed that the story was pretty neat and drew me in, but the MMOshell felt pretty so-so. I did like the feel of the shotgun, mowing down the monsters.

It's an interesting premise, but the movement and combat I felt were seriously lacking. Several other factors also combined to make me just not enjoy my experience at all :/

Back