The Vision of Tribe of Judah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
I'm currently working on a number of documents and guides for Tribe of Judah, but realized that there is no single, highly visible post that explains my vision for ToJ. Rather than wait until the "work in progress" documents are finished, I've decided to share my vision for ToJ in a public thread.

Let me first share a passage that represents the "root" of Tribe of Judah's mission:
Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'
Matthew 22:37-39

Another favorite verse:
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31

How do these verses apply to us as Christian gamers? It means that games are a means to an end, and not the end themselves. Even while participating in recreational activities, the Bible says that we can give glory to God. If this sounds absurd, consider the Christian athlete who always plays according to the rules, refuses to take steroids, and openly credits God with giving him or her the skills to be an excellent athlete. Our love for Christ is displayed in everything we do, even how we play video games.

You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
2 Corinthians 3:3

As Tribe of Judah members, we give glory to God through gaming. This means that our actions should show evidence of Christ's work in our individual lives; we are called to give Him credit for the many blessings He's given us. It also means sacrificing our time, giving of our talents, and demonstrating compassion to all people. Since Christ redeemed us, we are not our own, but His. Our love for Christ is possible because He first loved us. We demonstrate our love for Christ through worshipping him, but also by obeying his commandments.

These commandments include the Great Commission, in which Christ calls us to preach the good news of the Gospel and make disciples. To quote St. Francis of Assisi, "Preach the Gospel always, and when necessary, use words." We preach the Gospel through our witness as well as our words. The Great Commission also mentions discipleship, which means to teach the Word of God to Christians and help them develop their personal relationships with Christ.

How we preach, teach, and glorify God through games varies from person to person, but our faith and love for Christ unite us and empower us to serve Him.

EDIT: For the full version of this thread, including replies, click here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back