Theistic Evolutionist

Forgive me as I'm trying to catch up to 6 pages of this thread, but I didn't see this completely answered to my satisfaction. You state that there is a difference between the accuracy and truth of the Bible.

Perhaps it is a regional difference in language? If you say your science textbook in grade 4 stated that the earth was created 56 million years ago you are speaking in truth, which makes it an accurate statement, not a true one. (Of course, where I live, in Nova Scotia, people tend to use very archaic definitions of words, so that could be the problem)

I still don't get the difference, but we'll just chalk it up to regional differences in language and move along.

TJ, I've passed your name on to T-W. If he responds saying he'd like to chat, I'll pass it on to you.

Man, this thing has really got off of the topic at hand.

I believe we need two more threads than this one: one to discuss veracity of scripture, and one to discuss modernism and postmodernism in the church.

This thread was started because TJ is looking for help, not because TJ wants to get hit for believing something that many people don't. I applaud this thread for not hitting him, but I also wonder why that means that we can all line up and start throwing punches at each other.

At the same time, I understand. I've been sitting in the background trying really hard not to bring out my big bag of punches and start raining them left and right. It's just not a requirement at this time. TJ needs some solid help and friendship, and yet this thread is really derailed into a festival of Modernist vs Postmodernist.

Back