Tips for Effective Credit Farming?

Kendrik

Staff member
So, I recently rolled a new toon. I've managed to get him to level 18 already. Would probably be nearer to 20, but I discovered the GTN and started workin' on bringing in the credits to buy account upgrades (yay for other users selling upgrades usually acquired with Cartel coins for whatever reason).

I've had a bit of success in making money through my crew skills. I'm running Cybertech, Scavenging, and Underworld Trading. They play nicely together, giving me the ingredients I need to beef up my toon with nifty upgrades. I've sold a few finished products, but I'm dealing in fairly low-level wares, so I'm not sitting on a gold mine just yet. That said, the raw materials have netted me a pretty penny.

But I'm lookin' to make some pretty nickels and some dimes. So, my experienced friends, do you have any credit making tips you'd care to share with me? I can scan Google for guides, of course, but I thought I'd put the forum to use. :)

Cheers!

Last edited:
As far as I know, anything in the Cartel shop can end up in the GTN if someone puts it there (since Cartel purchases yield redemption tokens that can be traded, though I haven't yet checked to make sure this is the case for all things in the Cartel shop). I'm not sure why people acquire stuff from the Cartel shop only to put it on the GTN, but it works for me. I'm about to buy another ten GTN seller slots. Gonna buy my account-wide title, legacy, and headslot stuff in due time, too. Other species show up in the GTN, too.

Since they're upgrades (re-)sold by users, there's no guarantee of what will show up or at what price, but everything I've wanted has been available. Less than 15k from expanding my GTN store, which I think will help me increase my revenue stream. :D

Last edited:
I am fairly sure that is a way developers let people with deep pockets buy currency. Tera and Eve use it, relying on a few "Whales" to pay for everyone else's benefits/subscriptions by turning cash shop items into in-game currency.

Some people will buy a cartel pack, keep the things they want, then sell the rest. Others will buy stuff via Cartel coins that they can turn around and sell via the GTN in order to make some in-game money.

One thing you'll find that as you level, you'll get a lot more credits for quests/missions/drops. Each toon that I took to 50 ended up with 500 - 700k.

Selling certain blue mods will bring in lots of credits. I always take a look at what something is selling for and then price it a bit lower. The exception to that is when I KNOW something will sell quickly at a higher price. Sometimes you can make even more credits by selling the scavenging materials. Scavenging materials are used in three different crafting skills, so the materials are in demand. I sometimes just run around on Belsavis for mats that I can sell.

I got a cartel pack which gave me a minor xp boost for space missions. Since I only hit space missions rarely I put it on the GTN. I guess I priced it too high because it didn't sell. I will give it a shot again later.

Back