Use of nuclear weapons an option for the US against Iran?

Let's just bomb 'em back to the stone age (or would that be "ahead"...whatever) and take their oil. :p

MeridianFlight said:
Some of you may have read or heard about an article from the New York times postulating that the Bush Administration was considering using a tactical nuke against Iran in the event things deteriorate even further. This article from the AP has reactions on that claim. Here's the link.
http://my.sprint.earthlink.net/article/top?guid=20060409/443886c0_3ca6_1552620060409254656809

Frankly, if Iran does get nukes, one can fully expect them to at some point be directed towards us. If our government does not have a plan to take out Iran in place (included within that plan, different levels of response to attacks, up to and including a nuclear response), then Mr. Bush would be failing a rather large portion of his job.

As the Commander-in-Cheif of our armed forces, he is ultimately responsible for the safe-gaurding of our nation. Which means that if there's a country hostile to our way of life, attempting to gain nuclear capabilities, then we need to be considering how to stop them if they attack us.

Kidan said:
Frankly, if Iran does get nukes, one can fully expect them to at some point be directed towards us. If our government does not have a plan to take out Iran in place (included within that plan, different levels of response to attacks, up to and including a nuclear response), then Mr. Bush would be failing a rather large portion of his job.

As the Commander-in-Cheif of our armed forces, he is ultimately responsible for the safe-gaurding of our nation. Which means that if there's a country hostile to our way of life, attempting to gain nuclear capabilities, then we need to be considering how to stop them if they attack us.

Exactly. Don't think I could have said it better myself. :)

Thrawn said:
Let's just bomb 'em back to the stone age (or would that be "ahead"...whatever) and take their oil. :p

nice mentality you have there...don't worry though, your president has already ruined Iraq in the name of democracy. They are in a state of civil war.

To be an example, America should start dismantling its own WMD before crying about others.

Well, you know, we DID sign those START treaties. And of our about 7000 nukes, we have destroyed about 500 of them.

When START comes due in a couple of years, though, we're supposed to have 1/2 that amount. Which is still more than any other country.

Personally I thank John Bolton for that mess.

Our military is always simulating many various scenarios with many potential hot-spots around the world. I wouldn't doubt that they are playing with a scenario that includes using a nuke against Iran. Readiness is the military's job when they aren't actively deployed. This includes training and wargames. This doesn't mean that it will ever happen. It just means that we are always preparing for the worst while we are working towards a peaceful solution.

If Iran got nukes, they wouldn't be dumb enough to use them agaisnt us. Any country knows that if they nuked the USA the USA would launch nukes from various points around the world and destroy that country. It's more likely (in my opinion) that if Iran gets nukes, they'll be aiming them towards israel. Of course, if they nuke them, other countries will nuke Iran, so..

Drop the bomb.

Just as long as its on an industrial region where there won't be a massive loss of life, cuz that is kinda... bloodthirsty

Since im in a hurry Ill say a few quick things.
1. The president of Iran WANTS a confrontation with the US because he believes it will bring about the muslim messiah.
2. This guy will do anything he can to keep provoking us.
3. Some of these articles that say we are gonna attack with nukes are PSYOPs. They are designed to invoke fear and confusion. While some may be true, some may not be true.
I firmly believe that we will go to war with Iran over this subject. Iran wants it to happen. When it does happen it will turn into a global war. It will most likely drag Russia into the mix because they have many vested intrests in Iran. Israel will also most likely be involved, just because they have the planning and know how to be able to take out these nuke sites. Yeah it all sounds like doom and gloom, but it also is prophecy about to unfold. Most likely this war will bring about the muslim messiah, or anybody who can put an end to it, will be hailed as a messiah. So that just sets the world up for the false messiah. We all know who that could be. Oh and BTW, the muslim messiah is predicted to reign on earth for 7 years before he brings about a war to purify the world of all the infedels. Yup thats right 7 years, it really is that close to the time. Here is a good article about Iran and what they want to happen. Do the research about there messiah, and you will see what Im talking about. WooHoo! Its about to get interesting!

Tehran Whips up Crisis Frenzy – at Home too

Hey anybody seen the news today?

Iran Hits Milestone in Nuclear Technology

Notice how the dove was captured in the picture behind Ahmadinejad? No this is not a coincedence I assure you. Pictures are great tools to portray ideas. So here we have it. Two days ago news of Bush useing nukes against Iran and today? News of Iran making great strides in the way of nuclear technology! So just who is poking the hornets nest with the really big stick? Iran or the US? Im sure we wont have to wait long to see the bombs dropping in Iran.

Jango said:
If Iran got nukes, they wouldn't be dumb enough to use them agaisnt us. Any country knows that if they nuked the USA the USA would launch nukes from various points around the world and destroy that country. It's more likely (in my opinion) that if Iran gets nukes, they'll be aiming them towards israel. Of course, if they nuke them, other countries will nuke Iran, so..

I think that if they try to nuke Isreal...well...lets just say it won't be pretty. Ever read about when Russia and a few other countries tried to attack them when they first became a state, but turned tail and ran because they saw a huge dust cloud behind the Isreal army which they thought was the US...lets just say it wasn't...;) You can still se the tanks that Russia left in the desert...

.se3ker. said:
nice mentality you have there...don't worry though, your president has already ruined Iraq in the name of democracy. They are in a state of civil war.

To be fair, they've been in a civil war since long before America even got involved. It's not the United States' fault there are people fueding over there, they've been fueding about the territory and customs on their own for years.

[toj.cc]phantom said:
I think that if they try to nuke Isreal...well...lets just say it won't be pretty. Ever read about when Russia and a few other countries tried to attack them when they first became a state, but turned tail and ran because they saw a huge dust cloud behind the Isreal army which they thought was the US...lets just say it wasn't...;) You can still se the tanks that Russia left in the desert...
Haha, that's awesome. :D

Bowser said:
To be fair, they've been in a civil war since long before America even got involved. It's not the United States' fault there are people fueding over there, they've been fueding about the territory and customs on their own for years.
Iraq itself had been a stable governemnt though.

The big question is..what as a christian should we support? Jesus taught a message of pascifism, not war. "He who lives by the sword shall die by it", "Turn the other cheek", "Love thy enemies, pray for those who persecute you" etc. Is supporting war an option for christians?

Jango said:
The big question is..what as a christian should we support? Jesus taught a message of pascifism, not war. "He who lives by the sword shall die by it", "Turn the other cheek", "Love thy enemies, pray for those who persecute you" etc. Is supporting war an option for christians?

He taught us those things as individuals. It's like the same thing as "thou shalt not kill"; it's targeted more toward the individual rather than the government. It is the government's job to make sure laws are being obeyed, and it obviously does so by enforcing it, which can include using the death penalty, if necessary, or even going to war.

[toj.cc]phantom said:

Umm, I hate to say this, but you need to check your historic facts. Russia has never tried to attack Israel, not yet anyways. The only countries who have taken up arms against Israel are Palestine, Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon and Jordan. Here is a good link with a nice breakdown of the wars and when they happened. The History Guy. It should also be of note that Israel has never lost a war they have been involved in. Just as God promised that once Israel was returned to her land, that they would never be removed. Israel is being supernaturally protected. As for those tanks that are left, its a nice stark reminder. There is one particular tank that is up on a hill that is all blown up. It was from Syria. They left it there because it is the furthest any of the tanks ever got. When my parents visited Israel last year, they went to see that tank and took some pictures there. Pretty cool to say the least. There are other stories of how 1 Israeli tank took out a whole Syrian tank platoon alone. That is quite a story as well. Ill see if I can get some of those pictures from my Dad of when they were there.

Bowser said:
He taught us those things as individuals. It's like the same thing as "thou shalt not kill"; it's targeted more toward the individual rather than the government. It is the government's job to make sure laws are being obeyed, and it obviously does so by enforcing it, which can include using the death penalty, if necessary, or even going to war.
Ah, but Jesus never said that, did he?

Back