War in iraq

The Atomic bomb was a different situation, though.  The US was looking for a way to end the war quickly.  There were plans that were drawn up for an invasion of Japan, and since the US had seen how feirce the Japanese were they figured they didn't want to lose many of their men trying to invade the island.

I agree. And with the tests, it was more a question of "will it hurt them at all" rather than "how quickly and horribly will they die."

I think you guys are mistaken. I'm talking about tests AFTER Hiroshima and Nagasaki. For Hiroshima/Nagasaki, no one knew what would happen besides a big explosion from the atomic bomb because it had never been used before. But the US did some extensive tests on soldiers after the two bombings and knowing what it did to thousands of people in Japan.

This is true. The US also did experiments on some of its own troops for chemical weapons during World War II. I guess we're bad too. I guess everybody's bad. Oh well. Let's just all wipe each other out.

Other than that, what's anyone's point on this?

Song of the Post: "Sorma - Ten Thousand Sheep"

What's my point? I don't know...

Song of Post: Some Russian classical thing a friend is letting me borrow (diss my music tastes, and I will smax0rz j00
smile.gif
)

Point being that "Sadam used chemical weapons on his own people" is a pretty weak excuse to go to war under these conditions (no UN backing, Bush's arrogance)

Ah, go to war and get it over with. People fight. It's as simple as that. It's coming to the point that the debate on this subject is becoming boring.

Song of the Post: "Sorma - Satie's Sari Original Mix"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kralgon @ Mar. 29 2003,10:31)]Point being that "Sadam used chemical weapons on his own people" is a pretty weak excuse to go to war under these conditions (no UN backing, Bush's arrogance)
So the fact that Saddam has killed thousands and thousands of innocent people is not reason enough to take him down?

As for the UN, they have had more than a decade to get Saddam under control. They failed if you ask me.

Agreed. The UN is weak, and, as I have seen it lately, somewhat useless. Yes, the US has screwed up in experiments too, but they have never killed innocents in their own cities. Just face it, the war is justified, let's do it.

Song of the Post "Paul van Dyk - We Are Alive"

OKay guys: US tested biological weapons on the civilian populace around the sixties and seventies to prep up for a potential Soviet attack. Some effects were felt, and questions were asked, and investigations were sent.
Actually, we did test the A-bomb....in Los Alamos, but that was, after all, on a desert alone. Then we A-bombed the heck out of Japan, only to cripple them, not to pull an "experiment" as JAPAN did on Chinese prisoners for their chemical weapons.
Everyone's got faults, even the big brother AMerica.
Now shut up and go to war.

LOL, well said, Ultima :).

"So, just let the animals wipe out the animals."
"God willing."
-Training Day

Back