Web Person

Icthus

Sandric our long time web person for Redeemed has decided to step away from those duties. We want to thank him for all his efforts and work putting together our website.

However, we now find ourselves in need of someone interested in web stuff and with a heart to develop our www.toj.cc/wow sight more.

Let us know if you are interested!!

...must..refrain..from posting...

Gah! I used to be the web master, and I LOVE helping out, but this would just dramatically overburden me. Sorry :(

Does the webmaster need to be in Redeemed, or just a Christian? If option 2, I know someone who may be interested. He's a very good friend of mine, Schmeea's, and Joreena's.

If you can deal with a bit of a change in style, I can provide that...as well as hosting (once Cox fixes some of my stuff) out of my home...just don't eat up *too* much bandwidth :) There's a product that I use (www.communityserver.org) to host sites...also has some other messageboard/file management capabilities which may be nice but those don't have to be enabled by any means. Let me know and I can figure out a way to show you the one I did for our company guild.

hosting out of your house while laudable isn't advisable. One the bandwidth isn't there. Two unless you have a static ip business account your tos forbids the running of a web and/or mail server. Thirdly, cable connections aren't designed for such loads(they typically have under 1 megabit uploads while a server in a rack has minimum 10 megabit full-duplex).

The toj site is currently on a windows server running coldfusion(i may be wrong but that's what it was the last time i heard anything..<G>).

I actually do have a business service account with guaranteed 1MB upload (upgradable) and...13 static IPs. I was previously running 3 sites on it with no issues - one with fairly heavy load. If worse came to worse it would be a matter of calling them to up the bandwidth which isn't a huge deal...either way, the offer is there if you'd like to make use of it.

If you can deal with a bit of a change in style, I can provide that....

Ok, I'm a Noob to Redeemed (my main on Stonemaul is actually Meltaway), but I would strongly suggest an updating of the front page at this point. I've had my eye on Redeemed for quite a while before joining, but one thing that made me pause back in the Fall was thinking that you guys couldn't get past Vael in BWL, as implied by your page at http://www.toj.cc/wow/ . You guys seemed like an end-game group that was stuck (I saw one decent end game guild that could never get past Razorgore sadly). Now I don't want to make 'end game' more than it is, but a lot of guys are keen on beating end game, and can't get as excited about a guild that's stuck permanently at a boss.

A month ago I looked further into the forums and realized you were beating Karazhan, quite an accomplishment that says something different.

So my point is, good Christian players whom you might really like to have, may well be passing you by, even if regretting doing so, because choosing a Christ-centered guild over a guild capable of doing end-game content is a tough one for them to make. So....your front page showing MC/BWL/Ony is hurting you; really needs an update, if NattyG is offering....

Tribe of Judah "Help Wanted" thread updated; call for World of Warcraft Chapter Web Developer added.

Please feel free to e-mail or PM Tribe of Judah's Staff Manager (currently SirThom) with information on available staff positions in the future. We're happy to do what we can to help you all get the help you need. :D

Hi there...

been a member of ToJ for some time now... (not that active...)
but that could change :p

Anyways...
Im a part time webdeveloper... I work with PHP/MySQL, Javascript and html offcourse.
I live in the Netherlands... and will go to Australia for a couple of months in August (for work placement).

So...
I'd be interested... and willing to 'lend a hand'. :)

Oow... and I play WoW on a PVP server called Dentarg.

Greetz,

MasterTom.

P.S.: don't be distracted by the Master in MasterTom... I'm not the master... He is. :D

Last edited:
I would be willing to assist master tom with the upkeep of the site. I don't think I could do it full time on my own...to busy keeping the network at the office humming along...but if there is some spot web programming that needs accomplished I would give hand.

Well, we are in the process of looking at web options. Nattyg has developed a site for us.

We are trying to find the best long term hosting options.

Meaning that if one of us were to move on to another game the web site is not unchangable or unreachable.

Once we get Tree settled into his role we will be looking at this hard. Probably next week.

Roger that...

Im used to working with Content Management Systems...
I have created some of my own...
at my part time job we currently work with Joomla.

Just let me know what you need/want...

Joomla is great stuff. I built quite a few sites with mambo before they forked to Joomla. So many modules available makes for good fun.

Back