What MMO are you in? July-August 2014 Poll

What MMO are you playing or planing to play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
I've seen some people jumping between MMOs and others getting ready to play new ones but no consistent trends. I'm simply wondering if one is becoming more popular than others and/or retaining players.

*Vote multiple times if you play or are planing to play more than one.
*The poll displays names so people can see anyone they would like to join.
*The poll will run for a month then close as flavors change.

I was playing SWTOR but hit a wall. . .I think it is dead to me.
I jumped in Star Trek Online the other day but found that completely unsatisfying as well (other than randomly coming up with my favorite ship name thus far). . .
The rest I have little to no interest in.

I do notice that you left off Elder Scrolls Online which I think some of the folks here may have tried or are playing.

I do notice that you left off Elder Scrolls Online which I think some of the folks here may have tried or are playing.

Ah I knew there was another one I was trying to think of. I even googled popular MMOs but missed it. Ah well unfortunately it doesn't appear to let you edit polls (even with admin power). It only had one slot left open anyway (maximum choices are 10 in a poll for those who do not know).

Last edited:
You forgot NoNe

I'm currently on a temporary(maybe perm) break from eve, the game that I loved(and still do) for 5+ years.

None

Guild Wars 2 was a such a huge disappointment that I lost interest in MMOs after that. I've tried others but the interest is gone.

I was, and want to be in some ways, all about GW2. On paper, I love so much about it. In practice, I keep feeling like I have to choose to play rather than respond to its beckoning me adventure with it.

Recently reinstalled SWTOR, WoW, Neverwinter, and Star Trek. The latter two options mostly for the content creation options. The former because I love Star Wars and, as much as I want to veer from it, WoW really tends to be the most compelling for me (though I'm just on Starter Edition until I get three toons up to level 20 to decide whether or not I want to invest in re-subbing and getting the expansions).

I have a lifetime account with TSW (basically, since they went F2P it means I get a lot of points per month), and have been itching to play again. I have no guild affiliation there at this time.
I play Archeage with [PRX] as our guild is a super hardcore PvP guild (although level-headed, organized and professional).
I play WoW on the Thunderhorn server as Alliance in Narrow Path & Pandaren Takeout Gang.

In regards to WoW, it really has had the most time to build momentum regarding content. It may be a theme park, but it feels like a sandbox of theme parks....there is always something fun to do, if you get sick of one thing, go do something else. With the WoD expack on the horizon, we will have new additions to our theme park with Garrisons and the new open world PvP zone Ashran. After playing TESO, getting back into WoW feels like a HUGE relief.

- Archeage fills a gap in the one, single place that that WoW doesn't for me in that it has true, open world PvP with risk/reward. And naval battles. And a judicial system where you can be judged by a jury of your peers for your crimes. And prison breaks. The crafting system is truly innovative and completely alien (in a great way) from any other MMO. Archeage does lack in its arena/leaderboard features. [PRX] is officially playing this game as a filler until Camelot Unchained is released.
- The Secret World continues to offer some of the most original questing and epic PvE I have seen in an MMO. PvP is fun, but it's not its strongest suit. Fantastic cosmetic item shop to trick out your character. One of the best around. No sub fee and low purchase price are a major plus.
- Guild Wars 2 is a nice deviation from cookie cutters with its "public questing" and WvW. [PRX] spent the better part of a year in intense 24/7 coverage combat in WvW. It seemed like we were almost always in 'All Call.' Hotbar feels like it needs a bit more skills, and the stealth mechanics for this career Rogue, just felt really lame to me. All in all, it is definitely worth the full price for no sub fee and the amount of content you get.

Last edited:
Just saw, thanks to XionTawa, that FFXIV has a free trial up and running now. 14 days of playing up to level 20. Probably going to reinstall. Buy-in cost was the only thing that kept me from continuing after beta. With buy-in costs lower now, and with it being an exceptionally fun MMO, I may very well get into it in the future instead of WoW. We'll see.

Well, with my fiancee and I deciding that I need to be a full-time student again (and part time employee/ministry volunteer), I'm not going to have much time for MMOs. I love a lot of things about a lot of these games, but, in honesty, I'll probably just stick with GW2 since I've already paid for it and Neverwinter since I love D&D, the Foundry, and am impressed by the continued support with new content.

For the record I'm all about playing the NoNes too because I haven't the time/money or inclination towards any mmo. However I'm still curious if convergence is occurring anywhere (I miss busy active forums ^^ ). Everyone seems scattered all over, Wildstar didn't get momentum, I've heard a few people talk about interest in Archeage but nothing materialized and just as many seem to be going back to old haunts. Doesn't look like there will be "one mmo to rule them all" for a while yet but I'd still like a few more votes before making that definitive statement.

Camelot Unchained is where I am setting my current sights....I think that's sort of the problem (for me) regarding MMO's is that I am always looking for the "One MMO that was foretold in the prophecy to become mightiest of all MMO's and we all would reside in it's virtual world in relative peace and harmony forever and ever and ever and...."

CU has my current hope as I have always wished games would funnel ALL of their money into designing a strictly PvP-oriented game...with so much money freed up from having to create content to keep up with PvE powergamers, I think some really amazing PvP gameplay could be developed.

I almost feel as though its my final hope for MMO's. Been playing them since Ultima Online 1997, and you just can't ever seem to go back to these games when they were in the prime. Awesome content patched out of existence, new directions, poor decision-making, the next greatest thing comes along....whatever it is, these games have their time and run their course. Great memories, but if you ever go back, it's usually impossible to experience that magnificence again. Dark Age of Camelot is a great example of this.

Aside from MMO's, I think it's become the age of the indie developers again who are creating REALLY interesting games, kind of like back in the days of shareware Doom, etc. People are creating some awesome multiplayer sandbox games that deviate from the mould (SP? mold? I think that's the green fuzz that grows on my cheese). Early access games can be pretty hit or miss and often require a bit of research into how consistent the developer is pumping out *meaningful* updates. Buying in too early can come back to bite ya, but sometimes you make a good educated guess and pick up a real early access gem. Regardless, I think these are exciting times in gaming where the indies have a platform (crowdfunding) to stay true to their vision and go as far as creating new genres.

Last edited:
I truly miss DAoC in it's heyday before the cross-realming, bickering and PvE centric content explosion.

Ok, post your names so I can keep an eye out for you. I have been busy this week so I haven't logged much time.

Back