What's in your PC?

The difference between the 320 and 640 is pretty small and the fps benefit is pretty unnoticeable unless you are running over 1680 x 1050 (this is standard for a 22 inch LCD).

I would recommend waiting till the end of the month when Nvidia releases the 8800 GT and the new revamped GTS lines. They are suppose to be a bit better then he current GTS in the same price range, and if nothing less should bring down the price on the current available cards.

The difference between the 320 and 640 is pretty small and the fps benefit is pretty unnoticeable unless you are running over 1680 x 1050 (this is standard for a 22 inch LCD).

I would recommend waiting till the end of the month when Nvidia releases the 8800 GT and the new revamped GTS lines. They are suppose to be a bit better then he current GTS in the same price range, and if nothing less should bring down the price on the current available cards.

Thats the plan.

Here's my rigs:

Astaro Security Linux
dell PE 1650
single p-3 1.266 ghz
768 megs ram
1k scsi 734 gig hdd
2 intel nics built in

My rig
athlon xp 2400+
1.5 gigs ram
120 gig hdd
dual dvd burner
radeon 9600XT agp card

Server 2
p-4 celey 2.4 ghz
512 megs ram
Centos 4.x
currently runs a 60 gig and 80 gig drive for file serving.

Here's my rigs:

Astaro Security Linux
dell PE 1650
single p-3 1.266 ghz
768 megs ram
1k scsi 734 gig hdd
2 intel nics built in

My rig
athlon xp 2400+
1.5 gigs ram
120 gig hdd
dual dvd burner
radeon 9600XT agp card

Server 2
p-4 celey 2.4 ghz
512 megs ram
Centos 4.x
currently runs a 60 gig and 80 gig drive for file serving.

socket a?

What's in your current PC, Braveheart?

Thanks for asking man, mine is a 2.7 Intel celeron D, onboard GPU, 17 blurry dell LCD, 300W PSU, 230 Gig HDD, 1Gig RAM, dell from hell, with about 250 Media players:mad: L33t huh?:rolleyes: oh and we have Qwest DSL with about 300 upload and 4 other PC's online all at the same time in the house.

333 MHz Pentium Processor
32 MB RAM
1 GB HD
14" Monochrome Monitor (my old tv)
8 MB on-board vid card

I play WoW and CS.
I am a programmer analyst.
I am Kip.

(well, it sounded good while I wrote this up....this is pretty close to my old machine too)...

I don't remember specifics of my current machine. I have 2 GB ram, core-2 duo (1.86 GHz IIRC), 128 GeForce vid...not sure which...lol I play too much wow to remember what machine I built (and yeah, I built it...but do NOT remember what I bought and built lol). Amazingly, I'm using a 14 or 15" LCD still though...SO SMALL in wow :( BUT!!! I just won $700 on a $2 scratcher :) Maybe part of it will go to a new monitor <shrug>...

WoW drains your intelligence. And people pay to waist their own time...so sad.

That said, virtually any game is like that.

WoW drains your intelligence. And people pay to waist their own time...so sad.

That said, virtually any game is like that.

dude its not that bad. its only if their pure addicts.... like the ones in china >.>

I love how quickly and often incorrectly the racism card is played. there's nothing racist about that statement..ever read the news lately?

The Chinese government is actually enacting measures that have penalties for being on online games for extended periods of time.

Back