• Opera

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Whatever Pops up

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vibrokatana

After getting angry at firefox for going all nuts, I decided to try out opera again. Thus I thought it would be interesting to see what the general populace thought as to what browser they preferred.

It is going to be an interesting broser "battle" with the advent of IE7, which still uses the same engine that has been around for...years. And with the upcoming release of 2.0 for firefox(this week I believe).

Ready, set, discuss.

I considered it after the fact, cant really edit now. Safari is based of of the khtml renderer, no love for kde :p

If I were on Windows, I'd be using Firefox 2. If Safari didn't exist, I'd also be using Firefox 2. If Opera would render pages properly, I'd be using it -- but it doesn't.

So I guess I should choose Firefox 2.

Opera works fine for me, what was rendering wrong? The only thing that doesnt work properly for me is google pages, which takes all of 2 seconds to get to in ff.

Opera works fine for me, what was rendering wrong? The only thing that doesnt work properly for me is google pages, which takes all of 2 seconds to get to in ff.
I remember trying Opera a while back and some sites still didn't appear right. But, much can change in a short time, so maybe I'll give it a whirl. =)

If Opera would render pages properly, I'd be using it -- but it doesn't.

So I guess I should choose Firefox 2.

Agreed. I like Opera but it doesn't always display websites correctly. I have yet to try FF2 or IE7, so I guess I am a bit behind. Mostly waiting to see if my firefox extensions will be compatible with FF2. I will probably wait a month and switch over to FF2.

Upgraded to Firefox 2.0, other then the spell checker, no real reason to use, but wait that is all the reason :p

Opera is still a tad bit faster on a lot of pages, eh whatever. Now to see how well it likes the flash 9 beta :p

Ive tried IE7 and Ive gotten spoiled with FF's quick links at the top of the browser. I just d/l FF2.0 and it seems just like FF1.5, but with better tabs. Im sure there is more going on behind the scenes but that stuff doesnt make any difference to me. I like it to just work. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back