Women In Combat?

Isreal was God's chosen people, now with the coming of Christ, His chosen people is all nations.

Okay Leo I'll take it back since you apologized...regarding the intials they represent my site Christ Centered Game Reviews. www.ccgr.org

I'm not ashamed of being a girl and make references in my posts. Mention my husband. Everyone just assumes I'm a guy. And I'm not gay. People assume that too.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sir_Ryan @ Oct. 25 2003,8:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The fact that some wars are unjust does not and will not deter me from serving my country first and foremost.

Benjamin Franklin: "There never was a good war or a bad peace."

Dwight Eisenhower: "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron."

Hermann Goering: "Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

With all that said...
I also agree with John F. Kennedy: "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."

and George Washington: "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace."

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Have we forgotten what all of our founding fathers fought and died for, just so their descendants could live in peace?

Oh please. They were rich white men who had no desire to allow the common rabble to vote and owned slaves.

The US won only because the French got involved.

I'll fight to defend the US. I won't fight to "liberate Iraq" for a number of reasons.

What if THE LORD GOd FATHER WANTED TO SEE most in the U.S. the ability in its hour of greatest strength to turn the other cheek and not oppose evil.
To take in it's heart and soul the knowledge that even though you have been armed mightily by The LORd, for the visions of the weapons you went to build were infact given to your geniuses in the middle of the night by THE HOLY GHOST reaching into the RIVER OF KNOWLEDGE THAT FLOWS FROM THE THRONE OF GOd IN HEAVEN AND then spilling it on those willing men, YOU SHOULD NOT WANT TO USE THEM. AMEN
And so as Jesus in The Greatest Power of Heaven could have had 12 legions of Angels destroy the earth, and Paul could have cast a mountain on Rome, both in great HEAVENLY POWER did NOT!
So perhaps THE FATHER WILL ARM YOU MIGHTILY FIRST AND THEN satan will come to bruise you a third time.
And if then you DO NOT OPPOSE EVIL in that day, as you did in this day saying vengence is best served up cold, then THE FATHER WILL COME OUT OF HEAVEN AS A HORSE WITH THE avenger of GOd on HIM and with HIM, all the warrior Angels of Heaven to come UNITE with you to go and beat down all the nations and thus prepare the earth to receive HIS Son.
But then perhaps you little ones do NOT yet have that kind of patience.
i will see in that day what you are made of:VENGENCE OR CHARITY.
i am nothing0 and now encourage you to SEEK CHARITY. AMEN
JESUS IS THE LORD1PRAISE THE LORD1THE LORD YESHUA. AMEN

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LionOfJudah @ Oct. 25 2003,8:52)]Isreal was God's chosen people, now with the coming of Christ, His chosen people is all nations.
Dear Lion,

Christ was clear enough -- when talking to the Sameritan Lady Jesus asked whether the food meant for the Jews should be thrown to the Dogs, that is, the Gentiles. Now, Christ eventually relented, and at His Ascension He enjoined that the Gospel be preached to all Nations. However, there is no reason to suppose that the acceptance of the Gentiles into the Flock would not entail their conversion to The Traditions and Laws of the People of the Promise. It is little known, nowadays, but the Jews back at that time were actively Gentiles. Many were even willing to be circumcized in order to be allowed to be a Jew. Christ could have legitamately expected so much from His own Gentile converts . He had said that "not one jot of the Law would disappear before the End of Time" -- He must have had some respect for it.

Originally, the Real Apostles and Disciples of Jesus converted Gentiles on this Plan -- that they take up the Ways of the Promised Ones. It was Paul who pushed for this first Schism in The Church. He would create a New Church which renounced Law, Righteousness, and Good Works. In effect he was giving the Greeks another Mystery Religion -- for a fee they could be quickly and easily initiated into Immortality. Paul's formula would be to Baptise them and tell them they would be Saved by their Faith in the Name of Christ. You can comb through the Gospels and readily discern easily enough that Christ demanded much more than mere faith.. that He would infact reject such at the Day of Judgment, saying "I knew thee not".

So, no, there is no legitimate Church outside of the Jewish Tradition. If we were to take Christ's Metaphor to the Lady of Samaria, the 'Dogs' have jumped up on the table and stolen the feast from the Chosen People and have run away with it. It is now so defiled that the Chosen People don't care to come after it. But, still, The Church should try to remedy the situation. A first positive step would be to decanonize the first most offensive 'Dog', Paul.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sir_Ryan @ Oct. 25 2003,8:43)]First off, I don't want to try to split the forums over this issue.  
biggrin.gif
 I'm only trying to bring it into consideration.

The facts found in the link alone should be enough to convince (some) people.

The fact that some wars are unjust does not and will not deter me from serving my country first and foremost. Have we forgotten what all of our founding fathers fought and died for, just so their descendants could live in peace?

Our duty is first to the Lord, and secondly to our country. I do not believe Christians should fight in a war that seriously contradicts their belief. For example, if the U.S. were to wage war on all Jews, I would not participate in it, because it conflicts with the Bible (Israel is God's chosen people).

If some Christians don't want to fight in a war because they believe fighting is wrong, I see nowhere in the Bible where that is supported.

Well, I've said enough for people to argue over for a year, so I'll let someone reply.

cool.gif
Dear Ryan,

You say that your duty is first to God, and then to Country. It is good that you intuit so much. However, because Paul's Epistles are considered by many to be the valid Words of God, the issue has become clouded. Paul, in flattering the Romans who then ruled the World, said that God has Authorized all secular Leadership. For those who believe that Paul speaks with the Voice of Christ, we are left with the sorry conclusion that Christ had changed His Mind concerning The Kingdom of Heaven in favor of having State Supremacy over the Church. Indeed, this has been the Direction the Protestants have gone in setting up Secular Administrations. Particularly in America where the Church is Constitutionally crippled from ever asserting a Political Authority. The State is considered Supreme.

Even the Catholic Church is confused. More cautious of Paul then the Protestants, but still, he is in our Scriptures as well as yours, gaping open like a trap that many fall into. Perhaps we both should become Muslims, who may be wrong about everything else, but at least have their priorities straight in regards to whom is greater -- God or Presidents.

I heard a rumor. When the Pope asked the President to refrain from an unprovoked and unilateral invasion of another country, the President smirked and told one of his aides that they way he reads the Bible, "he outranked the Pope". Of course, he was refering to Paul's letter to Romans -- the Super Power of his time.

In every Doctrine, there are correlations. The correlation to the Doctrine of State Supremacy is that Secular Leaders are free to disregard Religious, or even Moral, considerations in ruling their Nations. This is why the Protestant Nations are so clearly amoral and Imperialistic, and their Self Interest and Greed so plain and little disguised

There is a problem with your analysis, as ALWAYS, THE OLD TESTATMENTS SAID THE GENTILES WOULD SEEK THE LORD.
Isaiah 42:6
What is going on here is you mr. leo do NOT HAVE THE HOLY GHOST, FOR SO MANY TIMES YOU MAKE JESUS CHRIST TO BE AN IDIOT. i DO NOT HAVE TO SUFFER your ignorance.
YOU do not know how to translate(be sure to look up the meaning of this word) scripture.
Who do you think told Isaiah to say what he did say?
It was GOd THE FATHER.
But by whose mouthe did it come to Isaiah?
The mouthe of the messiah. Only all in the old testatment did not know His name.
So can i now assume leo has great truthe in him, and then alledges Christ somehow RELENTED upon something He Himself brought the old testatment prophets to say in THE FIRST PLACE.
The root of the problem is you mr leo DO NOT HAVE UNDERSTANDING.
JESUS THE MESSIAH IS THE SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY AND TOMORROW.
He unlike you does not make Himself to be a liar. amen
So then Jesus in this example of St. Matthew 7:6 is ACTUALLY TAKING ABOUT DOGS, AND ABOUT SWINE(PIGS).
IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GENTILES. AMEN AMEN AMEN
i am nothing0 and made by THE HOLY SPIRIT/GHOST A STRANGE THING.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CCGR @ Oct. 25 2003,10:04)]Okay  Leo I'll take it back since you apologized...regarding the intials they represent my site Christ Centered Game Reviews.  www.ccgr.org  

I'm not ashamed of being a girl and make references in my posts.  Mention my husband.  Everyone just assumes I'm a guy.  And I'm not gay.  People assume that too.
Dear CCGR,

Thank you very much. I do apologize.

I do hope that if I go a sufficiently long time between infractions, that they can fade away -- like Traffic Points.

If I will be here for years, it seems almost inevitable that I may sometimes be swept by my emotions into going a tad over the line. I don't expect it to happen often, but I am too realistic to say that it would NEVER happen.

So, should we not develop the Rule somewhat. 3 Times in a Month?

and would the ban be permanent? Afterall, you might have a progressive discipline. After a person is once banned, for a week or two, maybe he would learn to watch his phraseology a bit closer.

Just suggestions.

But, indeed , I APOLOGIZE. Thank you again.

leo, i am your greater PROBLEM!
i can take the Sword of The LORD GOd and cut ALL of your false foundation from under you leaving your knowledge of things in the dust behind me.
Do not worry about those who did not have understanding; the same as you; but rather fear THE LORD GOd WHO HAS SENT me. amen
i am nothing0 and can by THE HOLY GHOST DEFEAT THE ERRORS OF THE ENTIRE WORLD BY myself.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Big J @ Oct. 25 2003,1:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The fact that some wars are unjust does not and will not deter me from serving my country first and foremost.

Benjamin Franklin: "There never was a good war or a bad peace."

Dwight Eisenhower: "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron."

Hermann Goering: "Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

With all that said...
I also agree with John F. Kennedy: "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."

and George Washington:  "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace."

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Have we forgotten what all of our founding fathers fought and died for, just so their descendants could live in peace?

Oh please.  They were rich white men who had no desire to allow the common rabble to vote and owned slaves.

The US won only because the French got involved.

I'll fight to defend the US.  I won't fight to "liberate Iraq" for a number of reasons.
Balance of Power

That is what JFK and GW were talking about in regards to spiraling arms build ups.

Kissinger wrote a book on Balance of Power. he has less sensitivity then Herman Goering. But he recognizes that the only test for Balance of Power is to test it. Armed Conflict becomes inevitable.

Look at the situation of the USA now. A huge Superpower -- has a bigger military then the next two powers put together. But not the next Three! What our arms build up will inevitably result in is an Alliance formed against us. Balance of Power is Balance of Power. The Sword cuts both ways. The rest of the World will not rest easy under an American Dictatorship (you must remember that although we voted for George Bush, if that is even true, that the rest of the World did not). Already, the maneuvering has begun. The dollar is falling in all the World Markets. Washington clamors for Japan and China to raise their valuations (Washington doesn't dare to speak to Europe at the moment, after so many recent insults) but they coyly claim that their currencies have always been solidly linked to the dollar, and that if there is a problem, it is the dollar's problem, and that they are doing just fine, thank you.

so you see, JFK and GW might not have realized the value of entertaining a certain neighborly good will.

America has learned its Foreign Policy from Great Britain -- the same country that has had 800 years of almost continuous war or proxy war against the continent of Europe. It is not good that we emulate such a treacherous and predatory Nation. Now, they have written all the History that is available for us to read, so, of course, they have ever been blameless in everything. But talk to the Irish, the French, The Hindu. We do not want on our Heads the same Curses that the British have on theirs.

Now leo do you actually think playing the shrinking violet, will avail you of anything?
Think of it in this fashion.
Silence is acquiesence to the TRUTHE i HAVE BROUGHT BY THE HOLY GHOST. AMEN
For when you only had the notion of truthe, you quickly threw yourself at me, and when i have by THE LORD easily defeated you, you shut up?
Men will not believe you if you can not offer a rebuttal.
So then perhaps you might be seen by your peers to be the better man, if you say to me now: i(leo) do not know what i am talking about. i(leo) am sorry for disparaging Paul and by that also Jesus Christ.
i know i do not need to hear any of this, but your fellows who heretofore thought highly of you might need to hear it.
OR you better get perpared i am coming to cut you off on each and every lie you have brought forthe.
For i do defend the Gospel of Paul even as i have done the rest of THE HOLY BIBLE. AMEN
i AM NOTHING0

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adelpit346 @ Oct. 25 2003,5:10)]Now leo do you actually think playing the shrinking violet, will avail you of anything?
Think of it in this fashion.
Silence is acquiesence to the TRUTHE i HAVE BROUGHT BY THE HOLY GHOST. AMEN
For when you only had the notion of truthe, you quickly threw yourself at me, and when i have by THE LORD easily defeated you, you shut up?
Men will not believe you if you can not offer a rebuttal.
So then perhaps you might be seen by your peers to be the better man, if you say to me now: i(leo) do not know what i am talking about. i(leo) am sorry for disparaging Paul and by that also Jesus Christ.
i know i do not need to hear any of this, but your fellows who heretofore thought highly of you might need to hear it.
OR you better get perpared i am coming to cut you off on each and every lie you have brought forthe.
For i do defend the Gospel of Paul even as i have done the rest of THE HOLY BIBLE. AMEN
i AM NOTHING0
Dear Adelpit,

Please, you will have to tell me what you are talking about. When you have a comment about something I have said, please even the slightest reference back to it is better than leaving me entirely to guess. Just look at the volume of my Posts. A say a hundred things every hour. Given not a clue I can hardly discern what it was that so recently annoyed you.

But I am willing enough to chat, just let me know what we are chatting about.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leo Volont @ Oct. 25 2003,4:38)]  and would the ban be permanent?  Afterall, you might have a progressive discipline.  After a person is once banned, for a week or two, maybe he would learn to watch his phraseology a bit closer.
Wouldn't want a "Jake" thing to happen again... ;)

(that was humor...or an attempt thereof.)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leo Volont @ Oct. 25 2003,4:59)]Balance of Power

That is what JFK and GW were talking about in regards to spiraling arms build ups.

The rest of the World will not rest easy under an American Dictatorship

so you see, JFK and GW might not have realized the value of entertaining a certain neighborly good will.

America has learned its Foreign Policy from Great Britain
I agree, Leo. Regardless of the fact the Bush was not even elected in a fair election here, the rest of the world despises him, and by proxy, us. (I will cease complaining about Bush's "election" once he either wins a fair election or the conservatives quit bellyaching about Clinton, who was even liberal.)

I was using the quotes simply to back up my position that, as R. E. Lee said (paraphrased) about how it is good that war is terrible, lest we grow fond of it.

Let's face it. The continental US has not seen a war since our Civil War. Perhaps we would be less likely to rush in if we ourselves had any memory of the horrors. (I am sorry, but knocking down two buildings is nothing like the bombings we inflict all over the world on a daily basis.)

And we have inherited, albeit by default, the mantle of imperialism from England, France, Germany, and Japan.

We need goodwill. The countries that can survive without us are doing so and we dare not interfere. Those countries that are sucking milk from Uncle Sam's teat are resenting the flavor more and more.

We dare not cross China. We have angered continental Europe. While we may have friends among the Saud family, the Arab people dislike us, and Iraq is not helping our cause.

We have taken the worst lessons from England in imperialism, and used them.

Interesting thought, for all of you end-timers: With the US as the superpower, it is unlikely that a single leader would arise to capture the whole world. If the US should topple...would that not make for a prime opportunity? Just a thought...

Dear Big J,

Wow, I am on the same page as somebody. You must have written 300 words, where to disagree with any of them would simply amount to trivial quibbling (some of the others here should take note that one does not need to disagree with everything).

Now, I have often thought about the scenario of how The Great King could possibly unit Three Major Religions that oppose each other within the context of some 30 Separate Political Jurisdictions. the first thought is that it would be impossible. But the Key for Unity would be exactly that every nation and Religion on Earth would wish to combine to form an Anti-American/Anti-Protestant Alliance. But even with that very powerful incentive, there would have to be some Huge Miracles, and then some immediate Religious Dealings to Reconcile the Faiths. Right now I am writing to every Diocese in the World, fielding the Notion that by Decanonizing Paul we could Re-Judaize Christianity -- Give the Jews back their Messiah -- if Jesus was allowed to be Jewish -- they would accept him. But in the context of Paulian Christianity, Jesus is now more or less ceremonially 'unclean' -- soiled with the taint of Anti-Semitism.

this Judaizing the Catholic Church would resolve a Prophecy issue. Prophecy had foretold only 264 Popes for the Roman Catholic Church. Well, if the Church moved to Jerusalem and became "Jewish" it would no longer be "Roman". But we would still have the Sacraments and so alls well that ends well.

The Muslims would be harder to please. What to offer? the one inroad we have into Islam is that they have a deep Repect for Mary -- they honor Her more than the Prots do. If Christianity dropped the Paulian Heresy of an Easy Salvation by Faith Alone, and acknowledged the all importance of Good Works, Charity, Brotherhood, Penance, Prayer and Submission to God, then maybe they would come on board. But I still don't see it as clearly as I see the Jewish Solution.

The Hindus will follow the Magic.

The Chinese will be converted if they can see that The Church could be a bulwark for a strong Civilization. But it will be important to deal with them almost immediately. They would have to kept informed of every move and consulted at every step so that they will feel as though they were integral to the process. They will be made to join the New Church because they will feel they created the New Church. but if you go to them last and not first -- they'll snub the whole thing. We need them. they don't need us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I agree, Leo. Regardless of the fact the Bush was not even elected in a fair election here, the rest of the world despises him, and by proxy, us. (I will cease complaining about Bush's "election" once he either wins a fair election or the conservatives quit bellyaching about Clinton, who was even liberal.)

First off, Big J, we "conservatives" have a right to "bellyache" about Clinton. As I recall, he vetoed the bill that would stop partial-birth abortion more than once while in office, not to mention his affair with Monica Lewinsky, and several other things I won't post in public.

I also agree with your statements that many countries around the world dislike us; that goes back to the "Big Stick" policy in the Teddy Roosevelt days (before my time
smile.gif
)

However, though many "countries" may not like us (namely Communist countries) their people long for a freedom that cannot be found anywhere else in the world as it is found here. The people's leaders are angry with us for that reason also, I believe.

As for staying out of China's way, I agree. We shouldn't have started trading with them in the first place. They are still as Communist as they have been since the Communists took over and the "anti-Communists" moved to Taiwan.

And as for you, Leo, I agree with aldepit that your words here are blasphemy, though some may object to such strong terms. I am not a Bible expert, but this "New Church" you speak of reminds me of a "One church, one government, one world leader, etc"...the "New World Order". I am not trying to judge you Leo, just to warn you, that if you do not repent you WILL feel God's judgement, and that's a sober promise. I will pray for you Leo, that God may show you the errors of you ways, and cleanse you from all unrighteousness. In the meantime, I urge you to get a solid King James Version of the Bible, and read the four gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John). Please read them with an open mind.

I also have a question for you Leo: are you a Christian? If so, are you Catholic?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sir_Ryan @ Oct. 26 2003,10:10)]First off, Big J, we "conservatives" have a right to "bellyache" about Clinton.

I also agree with your statements that many countries around the world dislike us; that goes back to the "Big Stick" policy in the Teddy Roosevelt days (before my time  
smile.gif
)
Yet Clinton is no longer President. Bush knocked up a 16 yo girl, and got her an abortion. *shrug* I just see some hypocracy there...By the same token, the Democrats are hypocrits too.
smile.gif

On the flip side, I have no problem with you complaining about Clinton...as long as you don't have a problem with me complaining about Bush (heck...and Clinton, LOL)

TR had a great point.
biggrin.gif

This is an interesting post, I dont think women should be in the army. Especially not as a combat. I would like to see traditional values reinstalled in america, and I dont think that we should have our women out there on the front line. I think it is a sad day when our nation has no good men to stand up and sends our women out to fight instead.

Some of you may not like it, but Men are suppose to be the head of the House, head of the Church, and Government. Women are not suppose to lead or as the bible says "Have any authority over a man".

I think it comes down to a deeper issue, women are the mothers of our children, that gives them a very special status to be protected, because they hold the power to bring life into the world. Us men dont have such a ability. Now dont get biological on me, I know they need men to do it, but we dont give birth.

War is something that leaves people almost "dirty" to say you have killed someone, is never a "great" feeling, and definantly not a pure feeling. Women should remail pure.

That is my take on the situation, us Men are suppose to protect the women, be a Gentalman, open the door for them, help them carry stuff that is heavy, stuff like that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (www_rlxc_com @ Oct. 29 2003,6:06)]I would like to see traditional values reinstalled in america, and I dont think that we should have our women out there on the front line.

That is my take on the situation, us Men are suppose to protect the women
Please, define what "traditional values" are.

BTW, remember that CC is a woman, and she can tell you what to do.

Do you feel that women should not have a voice in the government? I mean, should they be senators, should they be allowed to vote?

Also, if you do not mind, please xplain why women did participate in violence in the OT, speak in church (up until Paul).

Personally, I want my wife (whoever she may be) to be able to defend herself. I want her to know how to use a shotgun. Why? because if I am not home, I want her to be able to defend our children if someone breaks in. I want her to whip a mugger's arse if she's out with the girls. I want her to emasculate a rapist if she's threatened.

One final thought. "Traditional" roles allowed a man to beat his wife (no, I am not saying that it is good, just what happened). Many traditions did not allow a woman to own land or anything. If a woman received something, it became the man's. In fact, if you were to die, your son would be over your wife.

Just a few thoughts.
smile.gif

Back