Women In Combat?

I let my husband have the final say and I do respect his wishes. But trust me if I have an opinion he will hear it. We have compromises and negotiate on many things. In no way do I feel like a second class citizen. I might have joined the army if they had decent technology for the college money benefits. But if if I was emotionally involved or had a family of my own I would not have considered it.

If a woman does not have a family that she must support and be there for, I don't see a problem with women in the military. Many women would not even consider a career in the military, but some do, and I believe that those who wish to should be allowed to join the military and fight for their country.

~Jordyn

BigJ,

I dont know if I would want women in senate and what not, but that is not up to me.

I am married to a beautifull young lady. I am the head of the house but my relationship is very simular to CC talked about, my wife definantly tells me when someone does not go right
smile.gif
, I see her as a great accountability partner. because she definantly holds me accountable.

Owning land, and women being property that is bought and sold, I am not in support of that.

Basicly, I think it is very bennificial to society and our children when we have a biblical family example.

The only examples of women leading in the bible are little little segmants here and there. All stories of famly life show a leading male. Most cases are a wife that respects her husband.

I heard a spekaer lately that said "Men look for respect, and women look for love"

I found it interesting because I think its true, which is a very important rule when trying to maintain a successful family. But try saying something like that in our schools, you would be thrown out because it shows men and women are different.

Men and women are not the same, God programed us differently because we are different, and we had different roles in life. We need to learn our role so we can best be used by GOd

[b said:
Quote[/b] (www_rlxc_com @ Oct. 30 2003,2:47)]BigJ,

I dont know if I would want women in senate and what not, but that is not up to me.
It is up to we the people whether women are allowed to be senators. We do have the power disallow that, as well as the vote.

So...you don't know if women should or not? (I just want to make sure I understood you correctly...and, as far as it goes...the other shoe (so to speak) is not going to drop.)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Owning land, and women being property that is bought and sold, I am not in support of that.

This, on the other hand...
So you are saying women should not own property? OK, so what happens if you die? What should happen to your property? (pretend that your kids, if you have any, are too young)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Basicly, I think it is very bennificial to society and our children when we have a biblical family example.

OK...so what's the example? King David? Jesus? Solomon? I mean, it is easy to say "Biblical family values." I'm asking you to define what they are. Other than 1 Cor 11
[b said:
Quote[/b] ][3] But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a woman is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.

Eph 5
[b said:
Quote[/b] ][22] Wives, be subject to your husbands, as to the Lord.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ][28] Even so husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] The only examples of women leading in the bible are little little segmants here and there. All stories of famly life show a leading male. Most cases are a wife that respects her husband.

And? The point is, that women DID lead.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Men and women are not the same, God programed us differently because we are different, and we had different roles in life. We need to learn our role so we can best be used by GOd

I agree with the end, sort of, most men and most women in western society do have different roles. In other societies, they often have different roles.

As a bad example, when whites won and put Indians on reservations/farms/encomidas (the spanish thing), they would tell the men to farm. The men refused, because farming was "women's work." While there are no cultures where females are the dominant warriors, there are many where women fight and work next to men.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (www_rlxc_com @ Oct. 30 2003,2:47)]     The only examples of women leading in the bible are little little segmants here and there.
Consider that the Bible was written by men in a time period where men were dominant, any female rulers would have been excluded simply due to the male writers not wanting to feel inferior.

Where do you get that? Esther was queen over a nation that at the time was the most powerful nation on earth, dont you think the writers of the Bible would have excluded her had they been censoring such info?

Cave Troll

Back