Xbox Fail (again)

blackgravity

So my brother's new slim 360 kicked the bucket already, the disk drive is already dead. The customer service guy at best buy told him about half of the new models have been returned due to either the drive dying, or the whole system failing from overheating.

In other words, don't trade in for that upgrade just yet.

Unless that particular store had a really really bad shipment

I realize that is pretty stupid, but everyone seems to ignore all of the serious problems that have happened with the PS3...why is everyone picking on the 360 :(

However, to the point, the fact that the drives are failing in the new ones so fast is sad...and I agree that if it is a high number, (which I don't believe a word of anything a best buy employee says...I have been lied to by their high schoolers too many times...Best Buy is a joke...) then it is Fail :p

Last edited:
it's not what a best buy kid or adult says. it's seeing with my own eyes at this point a 2 day old console not read a single disc. and seeing other people in line waiting to return their 2 day old consoles.

Now, i have see pictures of people laying theirs flat, when that covers up the HUMONGOUS vent. these are meant to be used upright.

i'm not hating on the 360 at all. just saying, if you were planning on running out and buying the new SKU, wait.

and btw, my ps3 died on me, my xbox hasn't.

PS3 had serious problems?

My first 2 360's RRODs like 4 days after I got them. :/

Thanks for the heads up though, my friend was gonna get one soon, I'll tell him to hold off for a bit.

it's not what a best buy kid or adult says. it's seeing with my own eyes at this point a 2 day old console not read a single disc. and seeing other people in line waiting to return their 2 day old consoles.

Now, i have see pictures of people laying theirs flat, when that covers up the HUMONGOUS vent. these are meant to be used upright.

i'm not hating on the 360 at all. just saying, if you were planning on running out and buying the new SKU, wait.

and btw, my ps3 died on me, my xbox hasn't.

I apologize for how I responded, I wasn't in the best mood and it came out in my post :p Sorry about that...

oh it's no big deal

i didn't intend to start any console wars, or flame wars, or anything, but it can easily be taken that way when bringing up bricked consoles.

just warning everyone :p

oh it's no big deal

i didn't intend to start any console wars, or flame wars, or anything, but it can easily be taken that way when bringing up bricked consoles.

just warning everyone :p

Everyone knows the easiest way to start a flame war is to boot up an Xbox 360! /bwahahaha

Seriously though, I did some googling and it seems this is not the only problem. For one, if you move a Slim with a disk inside...it munches it. Seriously.
http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/06/16/xbox-360-slim-problems-scratches-discs-when-moved/

Also as mentioned above, better sit vertical for best venting. The good news is...this model is 100% RRoD-proof.

...Microsoft has removed the red LEDs.

lol that's what i told my brother. it also doesn't light up the ring. it lights the dot in the middle. ODoD!
You read it here first, folks. The quoted post is the origin of the ODoD acronym.

A few of the original 360s shipped with this problem too, it ruined a friend of mine's copy of Halo 3.

My baby nephew toppled my 360 while a Gears 2 disc spinning. It was loading up the tutorial, so I spent 20 minutes trying to swap out the game for another copy at Gamestop only after 3 minutes of play. They weren't happy about the munchies, so I started shopping at the nicer GS afterwards. :eek:

This was on Gears 2 launch night mind you. -.-

The munching disc issue is with all tray disc drives...your computer will do it...if you shake it while spinning a disc...that is why laptops and CD players use non-tray disc drives...

I know, but I was "not so happy" to put it in a gentle way when it happened. Thought I lost out 60 bucks and that the 360 was ruined. :(

I know, but I was "not so happy" to put it in a gentle way when it happened. Thought I lost out 60 bucks and that the 360 was ruined. :(

That would suck...having 2 kids I keep my 360 far away from where they could topple it...

Sorry about the disk deal, knew that it's been there since launch and wasn't trying to imply otherwise...although I didn't word my post very well. :)

it's gonna be the same as the new model, just the arcade version. all the older models will be phased out the same as the phatty ps3's i'm sure

Back