Xbox Fail (again)

Wow, new X360 already a bust. I've had 2 xbox failures and I now have 2 2010 X360's. (One just in case the other dies.)

I have my current X360 inside a media cabinet with a laptop cooling pad under it. Let me tell you, BEST $15 I've ever spent for gaming. I prop open the cabinet door and play. I plug the USB cooling pad into the back, and it runs all the time.

Was going to sell my backup for a new X360slim, but I think I'll wait a bit.

You read it here first, folks. The quoted post is the origin of the ODoD acronym.

Seems the term being thrown around the net the most is the RDoD (red dot). Apparently the 360 is now designed to shut down before setting on fire, in the middle of the game or not. I'm not sure what warnings it gives beforehand or any more details, however. I suppose shutting down is better than bricking, but it seems like there could be a better solution.

xbox issues

I purchased my xbox in January of this year and have had no issues with it whatsoever. Due to having a couple of VERY active kids at home, my xbox sits on the top shelf of my entertainment center laying down. I know everybody says to stand it upright, but I just don't dare do that unless I bolt it to the shelf somehow, lol! My cousin had an older xbox 360 arcade that got the typical ring of death red lights, but since he got a new 360 pro last year he has had no problems either. It is still really disappointing to see such a cool product have so many problems though; I know several people from work that have each gone through a couple 360s because the machines just died. :(

Wow, new X360 already a bust. I've had 2 xbox failures and I now have 2 2010 X360's. (One just in case the other dies.)

I have my current X360 inside a media cabinet with a laptop cooling pad under it. Let me tell you, BEST $15 I've ever spent for gaming. I prop open the cabinet door and play. I plug the USB cooling pad into the back, and it runs all the time.

Was going to sell my backup for a new X360slim, but I think I'll wait a bit.

Why not sell the backup 360 and get a PS3? Not trying to console war/flame...just honestly curious. A $300 360 Slim won't really let you do anything that you can't already do; a $300 PS3 Slim will give you access to a lot of great games you didn't have previously.

well the new shutdown is a killswitch, similar to ps3's overheating. it shuts down and flashes a light, and doesn't come back on until it's cool enough to not fry itself

Back