You should NOT be playing video games.

dragonmasterign

If you are a Christian, you should not be playing video games, and you should be using that time to pray and meditate on God's holy word. Just read the reviews of the games on this site, all of the games are tools of the devil, made to distract you from your musings on the testimonies of the Lord. So sell your sinful game consoles, pray for forgiveness, and then go join a Bible Study group or buy yourself a good Bible.

I'll reply as I did in the identical post in the other forum:

My signature is from the movie Equilibrium. Demon Hunter is a Christian band. I am a Christian, regardless of your perception.

Remove the plank from your own eye, brother. These games that you have so condemned have been the driving force that has brought this fellowship together, a community of people who have come together from otherwise impossible distances. Whether such tools are used for evil or good, they are just that: tools. We have used this tool for the glory of Christ, and you have no place to condemn us for that.

I'm going to pick me up some dinner, and I expect that this topic will already have exploded before I get back.

Just so long as I get to have my say-so in this discussion, it's cool :-D

In Christ,
Van

From Men Of God Website FAQ

You are Christians and you play War Games? Why?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]To us it’s just a pc game and nothing more than that. There are some that would like to make more of it but to us it’s just a game. No more no less. We have fun playing but most of all we love the fellowship we have with each other , and sharing our FAITH and LOVE of JESUS CHRIST. Most of us play many different genres of games and this happens to be one of them. Think of it, where else can you play war games and not get hurt. Where else can you drive tanks, and planes and formula 1 cars and such? We will also be going into sporting games, flight simulators, and futuristic type games such as Star Wars. I hope this answers your question.... May God Bless you Richly General LORD*s Soldier of <a href="www.menofgod.us" target="_blank">Men Of God International</a>

That is why we play, and about the bible studies. Well at Men Of God we have 4 a week on Teamspeak. I have grown in my faith so much since going Men Of God and I know that God has brought me there for that reason. If I didn’t play video games then I would not have joined MoG and I wouldn’t be able to fellowship with the great Christians that do. And spread the word of Jesus Christ.

This makes me want to bite things... Like the person who says things that are silly.
mad.gif
tounge.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif

*throws rizz and amused toe a hotdog from the topic: if u were a hotdog would u eat urself? located in the CS general topics for TOJ*.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Atown @ Mar. 12 2004,7:42)]*throws rizz and amused toe a hotdog from the topic: if u were a hotdog would u eat urself? located in the CS general topics for TOJ*.
That was a horrible thread that should never have been spoken of again.
mad.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

ROTFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
tounge.gif

EDIT: Changed the A to a B in above acronym. Figure it out. -Tek

Whats next? Thou Shall Not Play Videogames?

Funniest. Thread. Ever. In. The. History. Of. The. Internet.

I know, belive in God, pray, and worship, but sometimes ya gotta relax, Like God did on the Seventh day....I bet he was chillin play some videogames...

oh and look at this:

EDIT: Link removed. Aye, I know that Fir3 gave a disclaimer, but I just didn't feel right having a link to that particular Penny Arcade comic on these forums. If you want to read the comic, go ahead and PM Fir3 for the link.

Well, many video games are not acceptable. As a Christian, we should stay away from games like that. ( For instance, games with nudity or extreme violence. ) Even if they are only games, they do influence you. Even if only subconciously.

I will settle this....

The question is not whether Christians can play video games, they can. The two real questions are:

1) What games are acceptable from a Christian standpoint?

and ...

2) Have you turned games into an idol and used them to replace God?

The first question must be solved through prayer and seeking God's will. I can guaranty that the Holy Spirit will guide you as He has done for me many times.

The second question is more easily answerable by the answering of this... How many hours per day do you play games? Compare that to how many hours a day you spend time with the Lord and reading His word.

Has the Lord been longing for your company in the light of the UT2004 release? Has He not heard from you in days, weeks, months or even years?

Let us not forgot out first love.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (James @ Mar. 20 2004,10:09)]2) Have you turned games into an idol and used them to replace God?
Wow. That really brings it home right there. We can debate for days on end whether the content is suitable when, really, the more subtle temptation is to take time away from God for playing games.

Dedicate yourself to hungering after God's word and you'll fall in love with Him and even use your time gaming to do His will.
smile.gif

I think its clear to see those who have the right heart in this..spend 5 mins with any of the toj staff and you will see where the focus lies.

Back