61 years later

Nagin...ugh. :p
After the bus ordeal, plus his excellent publicity work afterwards ("Chocolate City", anyone?), he's not very high on my list of people I'd like to meet.

I saw an awesome editorial comic that went something like this:

Nagin was sitting in his office with his door shut. His secretary was outside and buzzed his phone.
She speaks "Sir, there is someone here that wants to talk with you about building a factory in the city."
Nagin's reply was something like "Great! Now maybe everyone will forget my comment about rebuilding a Chocolate City."

Standing next to the secretary was none other than Willy Wonka

:)

LOL, I'm serious! Did they really find WMD's Iraq? I have never heard that before, perhaps because I don't emerge from GW very often, but if someone could provide a link to a credable newsite I'd really appreciate it. :)

It looks like those documents were always available to the Senate Intelligence Committee, while they were just made public in late June. Some of the senators on that committee (namely, Harry Reid and John Rockefeller) were some of the loudest mouthpieces claiming that Iraq had no WMDs. Of course, no one could have countered that claim and backed it up with hard evidence without violating national security.

At least, that's my conjecture about what I just read.

Sickening isn't it? Everyday it seems more and more like the left solely exists to oppose the right. I say we fire 'em all and start over.

I recently did a school report on the bombing of Hiroshima, by the Enola Gay, at exactly 8:15 in the morning, either august 5th, 3rd or 9th. cant remember. but still. I read a book about the stories of 5 survivors. Its sad to see what theyve been through.

WMDs WERE found in Iraq though. That's what I find so awesome (NOT because they're there, but because, once again, the liberal pigs were wrong)

WMDs WERE found in Iraq though. That's what I find so awesome (NOT because they're there, but because, once again, the liberal pigs were wrong)

amen my brethren!!! and still, those liberal freaks try to find other ways to prove themselves and justify themselves.

I think Bush is actually a great President but the Media is Controlled by Liberals so people are going to hate him since he will get 0 Coverage when he does something right or where he was proven right such as WMDs which they did find in Iraq but the press did not release that info did they?
You and I think alike :p

I personally like our president, he's a gentleman and a scholar, and he's far far brighter than his manner of speech would lead you to believe (side note - it amazes me to no end the balancing act the liberal media plays in simultaneously portraying George Bush as an incompetent idiot and a criminal mastermind who blew up the levvys and secretly orchestrated 911 all by himself. He can't logically be both!)

With that said, I don't buy the whole 'we found the WMD' thing - sure, we recovered some stuff, but not enough to come anywhere close to justifying the invasion of Iraq in and of itself. In my opinion it was a big, big, big mistake to ever use WMDs as justification for invading Iraq. For Bush to do so was in my opinion intentionally deceptive and I think it deserved to backfire as it did. Now I'm not saying it was wrong for us to displace Sadam after he defied the UN time and time again. We should have committed our true military might to the task and instituted marshal law in Iraq immediately (the only reason we couldn't do this is because of the liberal element in our country, not because of Bush) - but also we should have never, ever, ever equivocated about the real reason we needed to go in to Iraq - which is, that it was a soft target (unlike Iran and North Korea) and an ideal geographic location for us to open the door for a free society and a democratic government. The fact that Bush never made this clear opened up the door to WMD embarassment, allegations of Oil kickbacks, etc etc etc.

Whether Iraqis are able or willing to take advantage of the incredible opportunity they've been given through our sacrifice, I don't know. Bush was gambling on this, as I think he should have. He's an idealist when it comes to freedom (as am I) and he believes if the door is opened to let it in, it will come in - and once it arrives, it will forever remain in the hearts and minds of the people of Iraq. We should all hope and pray, daily, that Iraq will emerge a stable and free society, stronger and more resolute for its baptism by fire.

Paul

Now I'm not saying it was wrong for us to displace Sadam after he defied the UN time and time again.

Hey, I defy the UN time and time again, too, does that mean you should eradicate me from my hidden fortress in the Australian outback?

(Sorry, it's just, the UN is a pointless organization that will never achieve world peace (at least until the anti-Christ comes) and the little things it tries to do never work)

In all my classes where discussions have been encouraged/allowed, i encounter LOTS of Bush Bashers and often times i am the only republican. i do however notice this. the children that i argue with dont have their own opinions. NOT TO GENERALIZE HIGHSCHOOLERS/MIDDLESCHOOLERS! but! many of them dont have any opinion on what is going on other than what they hear their parents saying, WHO dont like Bush and often times also dont have a clear understanding of all that is happening. i beliebve some moves by Bush have been question worthy but i like the man just the same and it saddens me that next election he wont be able to run. i believe Bush has gotten a bad rep. as soon as he was elected 9/11 happened anything he did would have made the Liberals angry then we went after Bin Laden, making the Liberals mad b/c a Conservative thought of it. then we went for Sadam also making the Liberals mad.

Back