61 years later

Wow this has turned into the best thread ever. LOL. I think the thing that irks me most, not only with our politicians and the media is the potrayel of our soldiers. The interview lots and lots of soldiers but only publish and talk about the ones who are either against the war or are just to liberal to breath my oxygen anyways. I served for a long time in the military and rarely met any soldier who was not there to serve his country and would not gladly give his life to secure our freedoms here at home. But all we hear about are people who wont go, who wont do their duty, who dont seem to realize that the freedoms we have here are ours due to hard decisions made by presidents, soldiers risking their lives and dying, and support from those at home. If you don't appreciate or like the price our country has to pay to have the level of freedom we have move.

Wow this has turned into the best thread ever. LOL. I think the thing that irks me most, not only with our politicians and the media is the potrayel of our soldiers. The interview lots and lots of soldiers but only publish and talk about the ones who are either against the war or are just to liberal to breath my oxygen anyways. I served for a long time in the military and rarely met any soldier who was not there to serve his country and would not gladly give his life to secure our freedoms here at home. But all we hear about are people who wont go, who wont do their duty, who dont seem to realize that the freedoms we have here are ours due to hard decisions made by presidents, soldiers risking their lives and dying, and support from those at home. If you don't appreciate or like the price our country has to pay to have the level of freedom we have move.

AGREED!!!
My time spent in the army I think I only met two or three (that I can think of off-hand) that didn't want to serve our country, and they ended up in the brig for drugs.

This is a topic that I feel passionately about. I've always tried to keep an open mind when it comes to voting and political ideals. However, 2 years ago I decided to register as a Republican. It wasn't so much that I liked the Republican side rather than the Democrats in power driving me away. They have effectively polarized this nation on political agendas. It is 90% party vs. party now rather than pulling together for the good of the country. It's almost like there's a political civil war going on where every issue the Democrats take is simply to oppose the Republicans. It's getting to the point where our own government is as big of a problem as our enemies because we can't get anything done. We need to collectively pray about this and ask the Lord to see us through it. It is truly sad to think that the only thing that brings us together as a nation is when some crazy idiots slam passenger planes into our buildings.

I've been in and around the US Air Force for the past 9 years and I can honestly tell you that the media today is predominantly liberal and only shows the people what it wants us to see, especially when it supports their political viewpoint. There are so many good things that our country does that gets little or no press. We are the most giving nation in the entire world by a long shot and do we see it on the news? Every once in a blue moon. The men and women of our military sacrifice more than most will ever know and it is our duty to honor them with our resolve under trying times. The Iraqi people do not want us to leave. They are scared to death of what will happen when we aren't there to protect them from the radical idiots that keep blowing everything up. Please, please, please, don't take what the media or the politicians say as the truth. Ask a soldier, airman, sailor, coastie, or marine. They'll tell you what's really going on.

Yes that and politicians abusing power to change the voting lines to make their side majority all over.

Id say we need to start over, the system is corrupt and needs to be changed. Unfortunately I dont see that without a major stuggle.

Yes that and politicians abusing power to change the voting lines to make their side majority all over.

Id say we need to start over, the system is corrupt and needs to be changed. Unfortunately I dont see that without a major stuggle.

anything about changing the government will end in civil war, or at least major conflict. In the song "I want to know you", by sonicflood at the end he talks about the roots of our nation, maybe i'll post what he says.

Here is a big problem. When Clinton was president, I didn't agree with Hillary much...I mean Bill. But I respected his postion as Commander-In-Chief. If he said we had to go to Somalia...then let's go and fight for what's right. (sidenote:I was a Ronald Regan fan...btw). So when Bush says we must fight...I respect him as Commander-In-Chief and would do so. (I also agree with alot of his views). Anyhow here is the situation...

Democrats and Media Point of view
We kind of blew it in Somalia...it wasn't Clinton's fault, it was just a tough situation. Republicans didn't chastise Clinton either. Clinton did in the oval office what everyone else in the workforce would get FIRED for, but it's ok...he's the king...ummm...president.

They make Bush out to be more evil than Bin Laden. I've even recently read articles ...mainstream articles...that say there were no planes...that it was CG animated. There are even some that say he blew up the levees in New Orleans. It couldn't possibly be one of the most destructive Hurricanes to ever hit Louisiana.

sorry...I get sidetracked sometimes

All I have to say...
The President of The United States of America is Commander-In-Chief. He is in charge of our troops. For the sake of our soldiers...let's support him.

The President of The United States of America is Commander-In-Chief. He is in charge of our troops. For the sake of our soldiers...let's support him.

I so agree, I didn't like Clinton much but I did my job, I think Rumsfield is an idiot but I respect him too. All those people have hard jobs, they make mistakes but sometimes they do what right, the main problem I have is they never follow through and finish the job. The cave to pressure both domestic and from the UN. Who cares what France thinks, lol.

I was in Somalia, Clinton pulled out because people did their jobs and did a fine one at that and some of the public whined. The marines did well they took casualties too, you dont really hear about that anymore; after we came in and practically leveled everything they go and make friends with Adied. The week before we where trying to kill him. What a waste. We should have been commended for only loosing 18 men instead of getting whiped out. Stupid liberal media! But Clinton was the Cheif and deserves my respect still even if I don't like or agree with him.

I respect Bush and Rumsfield more than most, not because they are right all the time but because for once we have an administration that has a backbone and stands up and said 'WE WILL FINISH THE JOB'. If we had just shot Hussain in the early 90s when we had the chance we would probably still be at war with someone else. Our wars have never been about land, oil or forcing our beleifs on people, they have been about stopping evil saddistic people, Hitler, Hussein, most Communist leaders, Barney. But since we own Iraq right now I want free gas.

I so agree, I didn't like Clinton much but I did my job, I think Rumsfield is an idiot but I respect him too.

Funny, I have a liberal professor right now for an administration/managementt class who hates Bush but has tremendous respect for Rumsfeld - or at least, considers him a very effective and wise leader. We were all handed a copy of 'Rumsfeld's rules' on the first day of class, which are just some of his personal principals and favorite collected sayings, and I do have to say there is a ton of wisdom in there.

Paul

Hey, I defy the UN time and time again, too, does that mean you should eradicate me from my hidden fortress in the Australian outback?

(Sorry, it's just, the UN is a pointless organization that will never achieve world peace (at least until the anti-Christ comes) and the little things it tries to do never work)

Indeed C$, you are truly a weapon of mass spam-construction.

Paul

Back