Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
[b said:
Quote[/b] (PureFun @ Jan. 12 2004,1:02)]It's up to tolkien, since I dont have CS.  Tolkien would need to host it...send friend invites to everyone...invite everyone to the game, etc.

There's a great chance I will be renting CS on friday...so perhaps friday night or saturday, Tolkien?
Nope, Tolkien doesn't have it...at least not on Xbox. I have it on the PC, but that's not going to do anyone any good. I will probably get it eventually, but right now I don't feel like paying $50 for it, and I've been playing Rainbow Six 3 a lot.

I meant Thad....sorry
sad.gif

But I would host it since I am renting it, and because Tolkien doesnt have it.

If the game is Friday or Saturday evening, I'll try to rent it as well.  College classes just started back up this week though, so I'm busy Mon-Thurs evenings and Saturday morning...not to mention my work schedule of Mon-Fri days (my life is too busy! ).
wow.gif

Sounds good.  I think saturday would be better for the game because A., it gives you and me a chance to get good at it
biggrin.gif
.  B., It's a little further notice than if it were on Friday.

We just need to pick a time...perhaps 9PM EST?

EDIT: Just added to the Xbox Roster page

9eastern is what... 8 central? sry im not good at time conversion... anyway if we have at least 4 ppl we could do 2v2 on somethin small like miami, airstrip, dust (dust 2), or inferno. If we don't have 4 ppl we'd just open it up to the public i guess and do like 4v4 or somethin. I guess if we really wanted to do just us and didnt have enough we could do humans vs. bots **shudders**

Yes, thats 8 central.

What we will probably do is first get all of the Counter-Strike players together in a "Friends Only" match...then once we are all ready to go we will create a public match.

At 8PM Central Friday, hop on Xbox Live and wait for your game invite! Then we shall start.

I am going to send emails to everyone about this.

~Tom

Hello friends!

The Tribe of Judah is proud to announce the first Xbox Live game!  The first match will be on Friday, January 16th, 2004 at 8PM Central.

Here is how things will go:

Shortly before 8PM, sign on to Xbox Live.  At 8PM, you will recieve a Game Invite from SirThom.  Join this match, because this is the Xbox Chapter game, and it will be for ToJ only.  At about 9PM Central, that match will be closed, and a new match that is Public will launch, and you will be invited to that.

If you have any questions, let me know.

hehe sorry buddy but you forgot to mention what game here as well as on the toj news thing. we might wanna try and agree somewhat on a map and what we wanna do. if we wanna do just like 2v2 or 2v1 or 3v3 or whatever depending on how many show up, or if we wanna do toj vs bots. also for the public game i think it'd be fun to play with all of toj on a team vs the public.

Okay well currently, there are 7 people that have CS, including you. So a 3vs4 would be needed.

holycrusader, it's up to you. Send me an email tom@pure-fun.com and let me know what settings you want.

ok- just so everybody knows i told pure to go with a 3v4 or 4v4 or whatever, i think he's gonna try map cycle but we might ask him to set it to one map if we all agree. $1000 starting money, we'll also probably set it to unlimited kills and unlimited rounds per match. maybe half hour matches. if ya got a problem with this or any ideas speak now or forever hold your peace!

guys that was AWESOME. for all you who couldn't make it you definatley missed out. we gotta do more stuff like that
biggrin.gif

oh and pure- everyday sunday is AWESOME

lol sorry about the confusion tek, i was confused myself. i didnt even kno for sure why that guy posted the thing from the faq...

*hums........."everbodys lookin around and wants to be found, and im just hanging on, I give You all that I aaa ammm"*

YES, Everyday Sunday is my favorite group now!

"They so totally rock, dude!"

Yeah, that was an awesome start to the chapter!  I will be sending emails to people shortly.

Glad you all had a good time. Sorry I couldn't make it (my wife's birthday), but hopefully I'll be able to make the next one.

Apparently there's a way to play the original Halo on Xbox (of course) through the system link network. Does anybody else play on this?

i've played halo on a lan before. like at a house with 5 tv's set up and 5 xboxes hooked together through a hub. That works for any system-link game. I don't know for sure what you're asking about.. are you talking about a system link game over xbox live? i don't think that's possible... never heard of it anyway.

You can play it over the internet using one of two programs. Either Gamespy tunnel, or XBConnect.

The program has to be installed on your computer and your computer and xbox both have to be connected to the internet through a router. If you have a firewall, there are certain ports which will also need to be opened.

I've played Halo using Gamespy tunnel and it works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back