Do we need more admins on our server?

Do we need more admins on our server? -

• Yes

Votes: 31 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think it's not so much the amount of admins as it is when admins are on-it isn't necessary to have 4 or 5 more admins, maybe 1 or 2 max.

I play in the server quite a bit, and have noticed instances (particularly 11 o'clock and later at night) in which there are no mods whatsoever. People will blatantly curse, and have inappropriate names, but there's nothing that can be done about it. So I essentially think that more mods need to be on a vary of times-not just from 3 in the afternoon until 8 or 9 at night.

hey, izip, pls put your timezone in, so we know which 11pm your talking about

I know I'm often in there at 11pm cst up till 2am cst, except for those days that I have to work real early the next morning...

I'm EST. But there have been one or two instances in which there have been no mods from the period between 11 and 1, for some reason.

I usually patrol when u guys are just finishing school. about 3pm - 5pm your time. Its usually pretty quiet then and i think that we have enough admins for that time slot.

I dunno anything about the night time, but itmight be an idea to put somoene in admin who has a habit of staying up till all hoursin the morning. (now dont start doing that just to get admin ;-))

umm, i try to do between 7-11 but that usually when most admins
wow.gif

I've only ever seen admin's on during very late hours and on weekends...never when I'm on

I'm on the prowl after 9:00 pretty often. I usually come in to an adminless server. I'm not saying we need to have an admin present 24/7 but I do have a few people that I would trust with access to admin commands that are on more often than me.

Late nights or evenings on the west coast are sometimes adminless. Ocasionally its nice to see Tek be watching when no one know's he is.
smile.gif

I think more admins is a good idea, we played with this one guy tonight, and I wont majorly get into the details, but pretty much all of us could tell that he wasnt doing the things he was doing by legitimate measures. We need trustworthy admins on more often for this kind of thing, there was about 5 ToJ there and none of us had it, and kick votes dont work to well when the other team outnumbers you. People think we as Christians are so gullable that well take anything and let them continue to do it to us.It is in my opinion, with the masses of cheaters in this game, that this not continue, not on our server. The guy was even obscene a few times after he knew it was against the server rules. Now, Im not saying we boot everyone with a high score or who gets lucky, but when it gets to the point when theres pretty much no doubt, someone should be there to take the proper steps. Thats my opinion anyway, take it or leave it.

I am still evaluating the need for more admins. If anything, go to IRC and search for the admins listed, or message me (on AIM, ICQ, MSN, etc...). If I am not at my PC, I am normally near it during the evening (unless I am just not home). We have about 10 or so admins and I think at any given point at least one should be available to take care of situations like the one mentioned above.

With that said, I would like ALL admins to make themselves available to help monitor the server. Please provide your IM or get on IRC and let members know you are available...maybe in your name type "Elite|Available" or whatever.

Thx guys, keep up the good work!

im on almost every hour of the day on AOL/AIM my sn is
DCZeratul13 so im me if you need admin help or something of that nature and ill make a quick sweep through

I can usually be found before the hour of 6pm online somwhere. My info is on the little buttons below and i will try to idle in irc as much as i can.

It seems like late on the west coast there are rarely admins. Like tonight (friday) i played for about 3 hours and i dont think there was anyone on the whole time.

There always seems to be someone who doesnt want to respect the rules when there is nobody to enforce them.

Well, unfortunately we will not be able to monitor the server 24/7 unless I handed Admin access out to everyone (which I don't think will be happening soon).

For now, just stick to paging an admin.

Just an idea, but how about finding an admin from each major time zone, making it possible for someone on the west coast to be up checking on the server while us east-coasters are snoozin' away.

Back