Do we need more admins on our server?

Do we need more admins on our server? -

• Yes

Votes: 31 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
quiet you.. that is different.. plus, i play them at popular request!
cool.gif

Awhile back, we banned those voice wav's. I got kicked and banned for playing em even. However, a certain member whose name has escaped my memory has shown that he has a really nice singing voice. I've forgotten your name, because ToJ is getting pretty big these days, but I'm sure I'll remember you when I see you.

*Thinks back*  

Mr. T, I remember him...

"I pitty the fool who don't
biggrin.gif
"

It would be very convenient to have an Admin whenever you get on the server. However the idea of having too many admins is also a management concern.

Last week I got on the server and there was this person who had a inappropriate name ("A N U S" etc). I asked him to change it many many times (at least 5 different times that I can remember). He wouldn't do so. Even some ToJ members that were there commented that they did not think his name was inappropriate. We have a profanity filter, guys. I happened to type "anus" when asking that person to change his name, and it was transformed onto "****"s. I would say that only that would be a good reference to whether a name is appropriate or not.

Anyways, after all that asking, the guy - who never answered any requests to change his name - changed his name to "R E C T U M V A G I N A *****". At that time I just took a couple of screenshots, got his WON ID and emailed them to Elite. Within 15 minutes - or less - I got an email back from Elite with the message "Banned".

From this, you all know how fast it can be taken care of by our existing admins. Elite is on top of it. If something bad is being done and you tried everything to correct it, I encourage you, fellow ToJers, to do what I did.

SuN

PS: maybe before emailing the screenshots you could convert them to jpg so you don't overload our admins email boxes.

lol, Elite has a good sense of humor, heh.. anyway, yea that'd be a good idea, if non of us admins are around email us a SS and WonID and we'll take care of it
biggrin.gif

I am not able to get on AIM or ICQ during regular work hours, but somehow I can get MS Messenger and I check my email all the time. I have a web-based server admin tool that will allow me to do such things, however it is not real-time and I can't actually see what people are typing.

I can send commands to the server, and even kick and ban players. I will try to do my best to take care of such problems, and I know there are other admins keeping watch thru-out the day as well. Please don't hesitate to contact us.

My email address is: elite@theelite.cc and my MS Messenger ID is: "aerrichiello" (which stands for Alan Errichiello). Feel free to give me a holla during the day if such a problem arises.

Thanks, keep up the good work.

Here is a list of our current admins: (taken from the server MOTD - which has been updated to reflect our newest admin, Cresh!):

Our CS Leaders:
ToJ | Elite
ToJ | Parakletos

Our Server Admins:
ToJ | Creshinibon
ToJ | Goose62
ToJ | Kidan
ToJ | Mercury
ToJ | Plankeye
ToJ | Que Pasa
ToJ | Rizz
ToJ | Tek7
ToJ | Whon
ToJ | Zealot

One more update - I attempted to get some plug-ins to work but not sure with the newest version of AdminMod. I am still messing with these.

If you believe there is a word that is filtered out, or one that needs to be added, please let me know. I have attempted to go thru and add and delete things from it, but there are words that are contained within words that are getting filtered out, like: "attitude" that I can't help. It looks funny anyways....LOL!

hey elite

When I get to that page were it says whuts your form pw. so when I type it in it wont exept it at all.
its for server admin.
If u can look in to that would be good.

Thanks agean for the awp last night
smile.gif

Well, Speeder, that forum is for server admins only. This is where all the server admins gather and talk about all the hackers and cheaters and the people we like to slap and gag and bury.

Sorry! You need to be a server admin to have access!

How do I sign the list to be an admin on the server?
and whut websit do I go to do that at
rock.gif

Well, there isn't a list. If we need anymore admins I usually pick from those who exemplify extraordinary potential to have admin rights.

Team leaders also get admin rights, by default for leading the team.

Back