Do we need more admins on our server?

Do we need more admins on our server? -

• Yes

Votes: 31 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
ok

But if we had a dod searver up would me and Z be team leader's and the uther stuff
rock.gif

Hey Z

Ok lets start a server whut ever u wonted the server to be.

So we can get this over with. I will pay $20 and u pay whut ever u wont to pay.
smile.gif

And Lets call the server "DoD ToJ Server"

*note to Speedy and Z* Start the meeting soon.

I need to talk to u in privit when we talk to the DoD ToJ players that will be at the meeting.

I have noticed that the amount of admins you need can be reduced by having plugins, voting plugins, swear filters etc... They help automatically take care of problems.

It's hard having lots of admins because you have to monitor them to make sure they are giving justice! I have had some bad experiences with admins abusing their power... For me it's quality vs. quantity.

Mercury and Demon Hunter admin for my server (www.god-squad.net) and they do a great job! I

Then again, some scripts just get kind of annoying, like our swear filter that makes the word competition look like this: compe***ion. Scream = sc****. Argh.

Once again I still think it's all dumb and stuff that all but in the rarest of circumstances all the people with admin play during peak hours which is like 4 hours a day and there's lots of other times the server fills up with nubbins and there's not even an admin online. So pointless it is especially now that only one of them can ever have admin at a time.

-Trevor
-amusedtoe

=O

all our admins that can be on at that time **cough**MERCURY **cough** try to get on but some cant so =/

[b said:
Quote[/b] (amusedtoe @ Mar. 05 2003,1:41)]Once again I still think it's all dumb and stuff that all but in the rarest of circumstances all the people with admin play during peak hours which is like 4 hours a day and there's lots of other times the server fills up with nubbins and there's not even an admin online.  So pointless it is especially now that only one of them can ever have admin at a time.
Nice sarcasm there, Toe. I know that several admins are on during the day. At late night hours...well, only weirdo's come out at night so I don't think any normal admin would be on. I suppose since you are the only one out at that time you want admin? Well...YOU AIN'T GETTING IT! :p

"So pointless it is especially now that only one of them can ever have admin at a time." - well, you only need one to get the job done!

the large majority of the time if I am on, and something inappropriate is happening, I can jump out and get an admin to come in... there's been a couple times where it escalated because no admin could be found, but i think if sufficient effort is made, most of the time, issues can still be addressed.

I am usually about from the early morning to afternoon so anyone can IM me and get an admin in the server. Provided im not busy which is rarely.

I dunno about late night though. I have noticed the ammount of hackers and general annoying people has shot up recently. Are we being targeted or what.

ive only been playing in ToJ for a couple of weeks now but i believe ppl see Christian in the server name and they just think its funny to go cause problems. tonight i was the only one in there after a while playing on de_rats. (forgive me if there were others, i dont' know everyones non ToJ names). ppl were cussing so i would ask them to stop, and when i did that they just started spamming the mic with what i was saying, just mocking me. there was nothing i could do about it so after a while i just left.

also, what kind of anti-cheat stuff do we have in place? i wouldn't say for sure that i think i have played with ppl that are cheating because i know there are some very good ppl out there. but i have played with some suspicous ones.

We have the usual HLGuard and what-not. Not sure if there is anything else out there that can detect all cheats. Hackers are always one step ahead of us, as you already know.

I was playing the other night and all of a sudden huge green text flashed up and caught someone using OGC or something...it was hilarious! That person felt stupid and I kick/banned them immediately. Does anyone know of any anti-cheat software that is effective? I know there are non-detectable cheats out there, and people are getting away with murder...

Yeh i saw the first guy get autokicked the other day... i was just playing then this big message came up... xxxx cheat detected... kicking player.. beep beep... lol i was scared to death until i realised what it was.

There is Cheating Death (available from www.unitedadmins.com) which is ran on the client machine

TheDaggers uses it on their CS server (where it's mandatory) and Jett uses it on their NS server (where it's optional)

I can try to check out my ISU server, they always seem to keep one step ahead. I believe they have actually written their own program for cheaters, both to detect and to use if you know what I mean. So, I guess it really does take a cheater to catch a cheater.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ({xn!h!lo} @ Mar. 06 2003,3:52)]ive only been playing in ToJ for a couple of weeks now but i believe ppl see Christian in the server name and they just think its funny to go cause problems.  tonight i was the only one in there after a while playing on de_rats. (forgive me if there were others, i dont' know everyones non ToJ names).  ppl were cussing so i would ask them to stop, and when i did that they just started spamming the mic with what i was saying, just mocking me.  there was nothing i could do about it so after a while i just left.  

also, what kind of anti-cheat stuff do we have in place?  i wouldn't say for sure that i think i have played with ppl that are cheating because i know there are some very good ppl out there.  but i have played with some suspicous ones.
I agree with your first point. People come to the server to do this on purpose. And the thing, as i believe, is that they do so not caring if they get banned. There are millions of servers that they can play on. So i don't really think this will stop no matter how many admins you guys decide to put. Most of the people do not care if they get banned from the server so they will do so with the intent on getting banned just to get a good laugh.
---------------------------------------------------------
And everyone else,
As for as hacking, how can you tell if people hack. I know some VERY VERY good players that people accuse all the time of hacking but they do not(not on this server). As a matter of fact, i know a guy who is banned from almost every server he goes to (well maybe not almost every one, but a lot...) for hacking and he doesn't hack. I have spectated people who have a 'no clip' (I believe that is what it is). It is fairly obvious because they appear to be shadowy figured. But besides that I can't tell if people are hacking.

Misc ... it's really difficult to distinguish between a really good player, and a cheater. Frost for instance ... I honesly can't tell if he's is cheating or not sometimes, but I know he's not. Compared to a guy who is blantantly obvious about have either an aimbot, or a wallhack. I wrote a post a while back (you'll have to use the search feature to find it) on what to look for when you suspect someone of cheating ... try it out, lemme know
biggrin.gif

Back