Do we need more admins on our server?

Do we need more admins on our server? -

• Yes

Votes: 31 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
After trying to search for that thread for about 5 minutes ... I've come to the conclusion that the forums erases some of the posts that are too old. Sorry ... whenever I have time, maybe I'll post another thread about the subject.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Goose62 @ Mar. 11 2003,5:13)]After trying to search for that thread for about 5 minutes ... I've come to the conclusion that the forums erases some of the posts that are too old.  Sorry ... whenever I have time, maybe I'll post another thread about the subject.
o ok. cool. take your time. I don't usually worry about hackers anyway. I mean, hax or not, you mess with the misc and you get put down...

ok, that was pathetic...

When do post another post containing what to look for in hax, i'll be sure to read it. Should some websites maybe explain what to look for. I could go search instead of you posting an article if that would be better for you.

I tried googling alittle bit to see if there are articles out there, and to no avail. I'm sure there are some out there, but I just didn't want to search for anymore :| So, I'll give you a few things that I look for whenever I suspect a player of cheating. Oh, and btw, just in case you guys don't know the difference ... a "hacker" is someone who actually writes the code to get around the system ... a "cheater" is someone who uses/downloads the code to get around the system. Anyways, here's some things to look for :

Aimbot :
Very easy to see ... if you see this person and instantly they shoot at you, or even get a headshot ... that's a pretty good assumption. Next is to spectate them in first person while you're dead. If you see their crosshairs SNAP to an enemy on the screen, more than likely they're using an aimbot. Esp, all the other times, they look like a n00b and don't know the map, etc.

Wallhack :
Probably one of the most difficult of all the cheats to distinguish between a really good player, and a good wallhacker. One thing I look for is almost the same thing with the aimbot ... if you get shot right away after seeing someone. As the aimbot, the next step is to first person spectate them while you're dead (hint: type "kill" in the console to commit suicide so you can view the suspect from the beginning of the round). Next, you have to have a pretty good knowledge of the map you're playing on. For instance, all of the hiding spots, sniper spots, nade spots, etc. Once you are spectating the suspect, watch for any unusual movements, like NOT looking at a known hiding spot, and looking at a spot behind a wall, where a person is waiting for them. Leaving yourself open for attack on one side (where they know no one is) while pointing your weapon at an enemy hiding.

These are just a few things I use to catch cheaters. If you want to know more, or ask any questions about this subject, my information is below this post
biggrin.gif

One thing to keep in mind ... I would suggest newer players of CS to NOT come to the conclusion so quick as to a player is cheating. More than likely, you're wrong. I would only suggest people that have been playing this game a while, and really KNOW how to play the game to make the final call whether or not to ban this player. And if anything ... record a demo of the suspect ... then drop the console and type "status" to get his wonid (in case we need to ban him) and continue recording all of his movements. Then upload the demo for a wiser CSer to view the demo.

One other resource I'd like to point out, esp for the newer players of CS ... is check out www.csflicks.net ... they have a "l33t or cheat" section on the right hand side, and it has some pretty good movies of cheaters, and non-cheaters alike
biggrin.gif
Hopefully this helps, lemme know if it does.

ya goose it helped me
smile.gif

i have a question..

As im sure you know, HLGuard has a "aimbot warning" log. How accurate do you think it is, and how many warnings do you think warant a ban, if any?

ty
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Goose62 @ Mar. 11 2003,6:13)]After trying to search for that thread for about 5 minutes ... I've come to the conclusion that the forums erases some of the posts that are too old.
Actually, the board administrators had to delete older posts to free up space. The Christian Gamers Alliance web account was running out of web space. >_<

Demon : I'm not that knowledgable about HLGuard, but I think this is how it works. I think the admin sets the sensitivity on the aimbot warning, so all of the servers you join will be alittle different. I don't know the specifics on the ToJ server, but I've seen an aimbot hacker on our server before, and he didn't get banned for like 4 rounds ... until I saw him, and banned him. It takes a lot to get banned from a server automatically if you have aimbot. I've seen some logs ... it's decently accurate ... granted it logs non-hackers as well, and I've even heard of a non-hacker getting banned from a server b/c his shots were really on. You have to be logged quite a few times, so it's rare that a non-hacker will be banned automatically. But the aimbot hackers are logged pretty good. But I heard of an aimbot out there now that is more randomized. We'll see how that pans out.

Tek : Grrr ... yet another reason why I still think ToJ should have our own forums =\

Misc : Good, I'm glad I could help.

I'm glad this helped a few people, spread the knowledge
biggrin.gif

Back