Geek guys pwn jocks!

dorkelf said:
And geeks certainly have their own issues. Remember the 'Jawa' who was hitting on you when we were in the line for Star Wars? Remember Keith and Murray from my college days, who both regularly called in sick so they could sit around and play Mortal Combat 'online' all day? Remember when Keith got to the point that he wouldn't stop playing his console game even when I came to visit him, and I'd just sit there in silence watching him play until I had to leave? Remember all the ego-inflated jerks at NERO? Sorry, but 'geekdom' has just as many jerks and egotistical morons as 'jockdom', at least in my personal experience.
Okay, you got me on the "geeks hitting on a married woman" part. And except for a few of the MARTA creeps, the Jawa and the NERO jerks were the worst...though Keith scores points there since was supposed to be your "best friend"...

Oh, and the Jawa wasn't when we were in line. He was actually in the lobby with us.

As far as being banished to the back room, who is having to restart her Sims from scratch because SHE was banished? :D And ROUSs? I don't believe they exist!

MaidMirawyn said:
As far as being banished to the back room, who is having to restart her Sims from scratch because SHE was banished? :D And ROUSs? I don't believe they exist!

Haha for once i know what you are talking about when you say something from PB.
I agree with dorkelf I think there are just as many "geek" jerks as there are "Jock" Jerks. I think it just depends on the values of the individual weither they are a better person or not

Atown said:
Reason #2

Geeks haves like uber micro n stuff right so like we can like pwn homework n stuff and even pwn other peoplez homeworkz when neededz so like we can offer somethin to society ya know?
Hmm...apparently geeks also forget how to speak ENGLISH or communicate clearly. So that would one point against them.

Though Atown is certainly not the only (or worst) culprit... :D

Dredd and C$ would be...

Last edited:
one2dredd said:
:( *goes home crying*

That there is why we nice geeks are afraid of women
So you're saying it's a vicious lie? I can start quoting previous...creative...uses of the English language.

Besides, I'm NICE to you and your family. And now you're saying bad things about me? I'm the one who should feel hurt!

Poooooor Mirawyn... :(

*cries*

I didn't say it was a lie it was the brutality of the comment hurt my feelings.

*cries some more*

Last edited:
*crying*

I meant didn't say it was a lie. And sometimes saying something softly is even meaner.

*sniff**blows nose**sniff*

There, there, Dredd, is MM being mean to you again? :p
I'll protect you! *puffs up chest and prepares to be Dredd's meatshield*:eek:

Alright, alright!

lemoncookies_10032005335pm.jpg

Better? They're lemon-iced sugar cookies...

*grumbles*

Why does everyone think I'm mean? I'm a very friendly person! I'm telling Pastori and Halonic that y'all are being mean to me! :(

Because you say southern stuff like "ya'll". (don't think you're being arbitrarily discriminated because you're from down South-we pick on Halonic and
Astrod00d too :rolleyes: )

lol...no offense takin'

But back to the original subject.....

My girl friend was studying with some friends at the library one evening. The library is on my way home from work, and I always stop by if she is there. Well, starbucks is also on the way, so figuring she like coffee, and she wants to stay up and study, I stop by and get something for her and myself. Now to get to the point... I did all that, and upon arriving one of the girls she was studying with made the comment that she had to get me to meet her boyfriend....meaning he would have never done the same......I was blown away.....what I did wasn't anything big, and couldn't believe someone would miss it. Maybe that's just me.....

why this fits is that i know what kind of guys these where....and they weren't fellow geeks

In similar situations, I'm been told I'm a great guy.....and honestly I'm not doing anything great or grand. I'll probably get hit for saying it, but most of the girls I hear say they have problems with some guy, or guys in general....have too low standards....they should go find someone that generally feels lucky the girl even talks to them...ie: a geek (also helps when the dude isn't after ONE..and ONLY one... thing)

And on that note, I'll stop, cause that'll just start me off on another rant....

I used to not like being a geek, but now I've pretty mush embraced.....
Hey...it really helps when it's your job!!

Cloud G said:
I'll probably get hit for saying it, but most of the girls I hear say they have problems with some guy, or guys in general....have too low standards....they should go find someone that generally feels lucky the girl even talks to them...ie: a geek (also helps when the dude isn't after ONE..and ONLY one... thing)
Hallelujah! So true. This is what I used to tell the younger (single girls) at the BSU:
If a guy treats you like you're incidential, dump him. If he expects you to drop everything for him (continually), dump him. If he thinks you "owe" him something for dinner, and he's not talking pleasant conversation and common courtesy, dump him.

If women would raise their standards, those type of guys would be forced to raise theirs. Pure and simple.

On the other hand: Do guys need to wait on ladies hand and foot? Well, it's nice occasionally...but shouldn't be expected on a regular basis. Should women treat men with respect and courtesy? Of course. Should they expect a sugar daddy? No way.

Oops...ranting. I'll stop now.

Thrawn said:
There, there, Dredd, is MM being mean to you again? :p
I'll protect you! *puffs up chest and prepares to be Dredd's meatshield*:eek:
That reminds me, Thrawn. Did Mitth'raw'nuruodo choose a house and a guild over at FFC D&D?

Plug: Join Fans for Christ! It's insanity made flesh...or made forum-y. Something like that...
www.fansforchrist.org

Cloud G said:
I'll probably get hit for saying it, but most of the girls I hear say they have problems with some guy, or guys in general....have too low standards....they should go find someone that generally feels lucky the girl even talks to them...ie: a geek (also helps when the dude isn't after ONE..and ONLY one... thing)

That is a great point, having to high standards will get you the respect that you deserve and that will keep you from going from guy to guy.

MaidMirawyn said:
On the other hand: Do guys need to wait on ladies hand and foot? Well, it's nice occasionally...but shouldn't be expected on a regular basis. Should women treat men with respect and courtesy? Of course. Should they expect a sugar daddy? No way.

Usually the little things matter the most. I mean you dont have to do something huge to make a girl happy. Not that i know or anything. :eek:

Thrawn:
Silverwind is Nightelf's house, so anything goes. As for guilds, they're listed, so check them out. (I'm in the Mage's Guild.)

SP:
You're right-big things do impress, sure, but they come off hollow without a foundation of little things. ("Big things" may also seem manipulative, if that's the only time a guy makes an effort.)

So my advice to any guy: do the little things! Offer to carry stuff for her; make a point of paying attention so you remember her favorite whatever; pick her some wildflowers; pick up a pastry or drink for her. Just do something, so she knows you think about her and you care! Then, every now and then, wow her with something special (which doesn't have to mean expensive; time and effort can mean just as much as money)! You'll both be happier.

Back