Geek guys pwn jocks!

MaidMirawyn said:
So my advice to any guy: do the little things! Offer to carry stuff for her; make a point of paying attention so you remember her favorite whatever; pick her some wildflowers; pick up a pastry or drink for her. Just do something, so she knows you think about her and you care! Then, every now and then, wow her with something special (which doesn't have to mean expensive; time and effort can mean just as much as money)! You'll both be happier.

So very very true....espeacially that last part about BOTH being happy.

Also woman should not be the only ones with high standards.....Which is why I am still very much single.

A good way to get better at little things: Do them for your mother. I been making an effort to open car doors and such lately I am far from perfect :0).

one2dredd said:
Also woman should not be the only ones with high standards.....Which is why I am still very much single.

A good way to get better at little things: Do them for your mother. I been making an effort to open car doors and such lately I am far from perfect :0).

What a nice son! Sisters, cousins, aunts, and grandmas are also good for practice. Need motivation? If any of you have sisters, you may have heard your mom tell her this: how a guy treats his mom (and other female relatives) tells a girl how he really views women.

Kudos on the high standards to all you discerning guys. Better to be single than attached (or married) to the wrong person! (I've been around for the fallout there, and it's NEVER pretty.)

I was reading Valhalla Rising (the last novel in the Dirk Pitt series by Clive Cussler), and came across a quote that really stood out to me.

"I adore women and am actually quite fond of their curious mannerisms. I come from the old school that elevates them on a pedestal."

I like this "old school" thing. :D

Ummm... I treat girls differently than I do my sister... than again, she's rather annoying at [most] times...

but have you had a real relationship with a girl? (past that of a friend)

that is what they are referring to.

Here's the point:

Do you treat your mom, etc., with courtesy and consideration? Do you notice if she's struggling with packages and help her carry them? Do you hold the door for her? Do you show respect for her opinions?

Even if you do this for that girl, if you don't do it for other women, she will wonder if you're only trying to impress her. It will raise doubts as to whether it is a sustainable, long term behavior.

ArchAngel said:
yeah... pretty much.

that's why it's better to be a jerk like me.
ChickenSoup said:
I concurr.
It just me, or did C$ call ArchAngel a jerk? ;)

No, being polite does not instigate a conspiracy. But trying to use courtesy to manipulate someone will certainly arouse suspicions of a conspiracy.

And, yes, a guy has to prove he is worth a woman's time and attention. Deal with it.

MaidMirawyn said:
It just me, or did C$ call ArchAngel a jerk? ;)

No, being polite does not instigate a conspiracy. But trying to use courtesy to manipulate someone will certainly arouse suspicions of a conspiracy.

And, yes, a guy has to prove he is worth a woman's time and attention. Deal with it.

*everyone talks at once* IT'S JUST YOU :D :p

Well, being American, I am one for conspiracy theories....

Does scarfing cheez whiz count? :p

ChickenSoup said:
*everyone talks at once* IT'S JUST YOU :D :p

Well, being American, I am one for conspiracy theories....

Does scarfing cheez whiz count? :p

Only if your particular brand of female finds that an act worthy of her time and attention.
(Tip: Don't bet on it. :rolleyes: )

are you sure you'd want a girl impressed by that?
big_ugly_god_woman.jpg

that stuff has to be bad for you, expecially at the rate some people consume it. Surely they have better things to do...

Back