Halo PC question

yea but what about parents that can't play games adn dont want their kids playing something with a lot of gore...my answer would be to stop being lazy and play it yourself anyway but it doesnt always work out

I just rented Resident Evil 0 for Halloween. The only truly objectionable thing is the gore, because the game is about a virus.

Still, games with that kind of content in them need to be restricted, so kids that aren't old enough (read:get scared), and kids that have some problems with that kind of content have restricted viewing. Games like Silent Hill need to be kept from innocent wandering eyes. The first time I saw Silent Hill in action, I was twelve years old, playing multiplayer Pokemon with a friend. We were playing it in his family room, and his older brother (read: fifteen) and his brother's friend were playing Silent Hill. It was possibly the most disturbing thing I have ever seen. There was a girl who got possessed, and was chasing a man around a carousel with an axe. Her eyes were red, and she was emitting low, gutteral grunts and groans that accentuated the mood of the horror. The game was very well done, but extremely dark and graphically violent, with tons of gore. On the other hand, a game like Resident Evil goes for the less intelligent, more adrenaline packed game play, that, while featuring a great story and action packed sequences, doesn't focus on all out terror like the SH games do.

In a lesser note, why is it that games like THPS that have become bloody in recent years, why is it that they are kept from a Mature rating? These games often feature questionable content in songs, as well as some pretty suggestive stuff, unfortunately enough.

There is a horrible double standard in the gaming industry. Games have gone from simplistic pixels to vector graphics, to two dimensional platformers, to graphically violent games. It seems like half the games on the market today are done by Quentin Tarantino, what with the blood lust. Games have evolved from the games that attracted little kids looking for fun, to the now grown-up kids that go for the goriest games imaginable. And, as always, the game with the most expensive marketing campaign wins out. Why do you think that pretty bad games get sold? Because the producers have TONS of money.

However, I am this thread has gotten me thinking. Why not create a petition to alter the way the ESRB does things? I think I might write my congressman to find out the situation on this decidedly controversial topic.

i agree, im up for any petition for change, anyone else?

but al congress might do is make esrb a government agancy, thereby making their biases official and legal.

well if we were to do this we would need to set up an appropriate standard and adhere to it fo all reviews etc

isnt that the point we all have been making? id rather have strict standards then lax subjectives biases influencing the way a game is rated.

I just mentioned the adhere part because CCGR currently lets reviwers do their own style as long as appropriateness is mentioned

I've been saying for a while that we need to establish a reviewer criteria. This might just be an extension of that, to some extent.

Halo rocks, and my pc can just run it at full everything, only slow when im usin a plasma rifle fightin a buch of elites with them, as that is a heavy dose of particles.

its a good game, and up until the other day, i saw no problem with it at all. yes the game has some blood and violence, but wht game dont, and there is a few minor swears, but i can overlook that, its just the character model and skin that the developers gave to cortana when she is visible as a holgram, there is a slight problem here that may not jump out at everyone right away, especially if u have the texture quality set to low. just thought i would bring this issue up so maybe somethin about it can be mentioned in the review.

I love tom clancy games and books but still don't see why his newer ones are getting M ratings even tho they have an option to TURN OFF THE BLOOD the ESRB is going lax on some game and whacking the innocent ones

My brother wanted me to ask two halo questions. 1. How many multiplyer maps? 2. I wasent going to ask this because it is silly but I will anyway. Do any of the multiplayer maps have snow? Thanks.

Well, I only know about the multiplay maps, but yes, a couple do have snow. Most are kinda metallic, though.

The ESRB has mood swings. That's the only way to put it. I mean, c'mon, games like Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six have ALWAYS had blood. There's no escaping it. Heck, they said that Splinter Cell had blood, but there's none that I could see. Well, they did mention blood once...maybe that's what they're rating...?

But splinter cell DEPENDED on steath and stratagy, you could almost always use non-lethal methods like metal discs or knockout gas

y are they rated m unlike the other ones, 2 words, september 11th. ghost recon was to be released setp 2001 witth a t rating, however 9/11 delayed it til christmas and affected the rating.

Halo has 16 multiplaer maps, with bout 3 or 4 with snow that i know of.

Its not that esrb has slacked off, its just they never had it together in the first place.

Black thorn ROX you can get the demo and it still doen't have blood, but the game play in't any different and it is still a pretty darn fun game

Back