Jan 2007 SoE/SOE Cape Design Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

DZwart

Legacy of Elijah Officer
Thanks to the designer of the current cape I have been reminded that we are due for another cape design contest. Please post your entries on this thread for the latest installment of this event. All entries must be posted in this thread by 27Jan07. Finalists will be chosen by the officers and a poll will be started. The winning cape designs will be put into place on 4Feb07.

To create a cape, visit the guild emblemer in any major city. The interface will allow you to create a cape, but because you are not a guild leader, you will not be able to buy the design. Once you have a design selected, use the printscreen button to take a screenshot, then post the screenshots, or edited/cropped ones on this thread.

You may either post a pair of similar capes with a minor difference, or a single design that you would like used on both in-game guilds. If you post a pair, please make them similar enough to highlight the fact that we are ONE guild.

Once a winning cape has been selected, I will recreate the cape(s) on both SoE and SOE in-game based on the screenshots.

The prize for this contest is having your cape be worn by the guild members until the summertime contest in June. However, I will be offering a 5K prize to all finalists. Additionally, the winner will receive an in-game item which will be identified and announced in the coming days.

Good luck to everyone and I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Is there a limit to the number of entries one member can submit or is it a single entry from one member?

i have two entries i've made, but i will only post one if that is the case. and i also need to know how to put them on here... im not too good with that kinda stuff.:eek:

I think 2 entries (single or pairs) per person would be ok. Any more than that would make sorting through them a daunting task.

The preferred method of adding a screenshot here is to upload the image to a hosting service like imageshack, then paste the thumbnail link text in the forum.

I entered last year. With no offense to the person who won, there were a lot better entries than the one that won (no, I'm not saying mine was or should have won)... so with that in mind I'll just leave the artistry to those who aren't artists :p

I entered last year. With no offense to the person who won, there were a lot better entries than the one that won (no, I'm not saying mine was or should have won)... so with that in mind I'll just leave the artistry to those who aren't artists :p
In other words, you are not entering this year? Don't be bashful....just spit it out.

The first pair look like a crown of thorns with some flowers in it. This symbolizes Christs sacrifice for us, and the light symbolies that through his death is our salvation. the capes shapes are different. I like it a lot. :D

This one symbolizes the Tree of Life, with a cross like symbol in the background. the difference is the cape shape, one has one point the other has like two

it also wouldnt let me make them bigger, sry they are so small. maybe someone could blow them up for me? Thanks to anyone who does.

Last edited:
The preferred method of adding a screenshot here is to upload the image to a hosting service like imageshack, then paste the thumbnail link text in the forum.

OR if you have XFire, you can take a screenshot with that, and it'll automatically be uploaded to your profile page. I think it's "Scroll Lock" + "S" (does that sound right?) while you're signed on and in-game.

*EDIT* See! Entry time!

3086e370454eee01c328f88d92127c3613ee7b33.png

This one, I didn't change much. The lion emblem: classic symbol (at least as old as the Narnia series). I kept the red, but changed the detail color to a royal purple to symbolize... well, royalty.

4ceb0f3e6af90496c947021d152efba53729545a.png

In this other one, that bird is supposed to be a dove hinting to the Holy Spirit's descent upon Jesus. There's a fluer-de-lis at the bottom which has been known to symbolize the Trinity and the archangel Gabriel. **NOTE** I re-did mine, and stole Halonic's white background. Credit to him if this cape is chosen. I hope that's not out of line...

That's all I've got. Later!

-Chadley

Last edited:
Everyone is entitled to an opinion CS. We all come from different backgrounds so we all probably have different tastes.

Halonic's entry with accompanying scripture:

Revelation 7:9
9After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.

Revelation 5:5
Then one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals

cape0107-halonic.jpg

This is my entry:

Luke 22:20
In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you."

The cup represents the new covenant and this shade of purple was worn by kings in medieval Europe, a fitting color to represent the King of Kings.

cape0107-astro1.jpg
cape0107-astro2.jpg

You will notice on my entry that the Lion of Judah is wearing a crown fit for the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion CS. We all come from different backgrounds so we all probably have different tastes.

No matter how interesting those tastes may be... :p

Once again, I'm not saying that MINE should've won. I'm not all that great at capes, admittedly.

www.l337-coffee.com/guild.jpg is mine, i like it for the trinity and the pretty colors ^_^ and i'll get a diff pic later my staff is sticking through the image >.> but i have tons of homework... soooo... yeah

The first pair look like a crown of thorns with some flowers in it. This symbolizes Christs sacrifice for us, and the light symbolies that through his death is our salvation. the capes shapes are different. I like it a lot. :D.

That looks just like mine from the last contest with different colors. Good taste sir!

That looks just like mine from the last contest with different colors. Good taste sir!

why thank you, i dont even remember the last contest entires. all i know is the one i voted for lost. :(

anyway this time im in it, and 5K to the people who vote for me! ;) :p

Someone should use the Elephant that was made by one of our members and won the contest with anet :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back