Jan 2007 SoE/SOE Cape Design Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is awsome! We've got people posting that NEVER post.

Great to hear from all ya quiet people!!

Alright all here's my entry #1.
Image2.jpg

Ok so explanation. The background color is purple, as is it is the color of royalty, befitting a King, however, i used (IMO) hte most elaborate crown to signify the King of Kings. The Crown is a blood-red color (reflecting light looks cool also) as it symbolized the sacrifice of Christ on the cross for our sins, which leads me to the detail, where it is a cross design, color of white. The white color ties into the crown as the blood of Christ purifies us, so the white cross represents the atonement for our sins and our purification. #2 coming up...sometime...

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff;203553 said:
Silly question-- are we going to be keeping the same guild colors we've had since almost day one? (The colors being Hulkamania yellow and red)
LOL...hulkamania. The colors are actually supposed to be burgundy and gold on the current capes. I don't see why we would need to keep the same colors though unless you just want to keep it consistent with the website. When the cape changes, I'll update the 'Join Us' picture with the new cape.

Here are mine
This first one is the best, some of you may recognize it :)
view_photo.php

These are my two next ones, basically the same only with color differences, no description behind them, i just like it
view_photo.php

view_photo.php

These are old, probably from a year ago or more, but hey i still like them

i noticed the "sun" thing in the upper right corner in most of the capes. Im glad that more people are putting meaning into the capes too, i think last time there was only a few that had meaning.

I chose this one because it signifies when we will win HoH.

Now, for my real entry:

Rev 12:12-17: 12 Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time." 13 Now when the dragon saw that he had been cast to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male Child. 14 But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent. 15 So the serpent spewed water out of his mouth like a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away by the flood. 16 But the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the flood which the dragon had spewed out of his mouth. 17 And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

This cape would symbolize that we, the Church (the woman in Rev 12), are asking God to protect us from the evil one, nourish us, and make us grow. Besides that, it hearkens back to our original cape.

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff;204091 said:
I chose this one because it signifies when we will win HoH.
i dont get it... i dont see a clock on it? or a date. today isnt a good day for me understanding things. :(

Nice Pastori I see the cofidence you have in Team SoE's Abilities the fact we have been to HoH about 20 times together and once were 14 seconds away from winning. There have been a good 10 other close calls where we almost one.

FYI

Be prepared to see Pigs fly in the very near future!

Yes, below the cape is 4 buttons with arrows on them. I think the buttons with double arrows on them are for changing the shape of the cape.

In that case... Judges, feel free to change the bottom of the cape if mine wins. :D

I LOVED THE CAPE FROM YEARS GONE BY! i would be ELATED! to have it back. i like c$'s design too. but i would REALLY like to have our old cape. it was only one i didnt mind showing in every town and outpost and what not. that is my 2cents. i am not an artist so i wont be submitting one.
Joey

Nice Pastori I see the cofidence you have in Team SoE's Abilities the fact we have been to HoH about 20 times together and once were 14 seconds away from winning. There have been a good 10 other close calls where we almost one.

FYI

Be prepared to see Pigs fly in the very near future!

I hope to be either there with you or at least online when that day comes. And yes, the day is coming soon. It's on the same timetable as Jesus' return-- no idea when it will happen, but it is inevitable that it will, and every second that passes brings us closer to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back