Kara team 3 sunday nights(adding wednesday later)

Friday's Continuation of Wednesday

Rhys,

Due to a special event on campus, I am going to be late for the run. I should get off work between 9:30 and 10 and will be on as soon as possible. If you can fill my spot that is fine with me. But I will be late if you will still have me.

Adam

Widgerry

Running Late

Rhys,

This week I will be running late due to events at my church. I should be on between 9:30 and 10:15 (EST), but it all depends on how things go at the church. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes. Feel free to replace me if need be. but i know the last several runs have been starting more toward 8:00 server instead of the planed time.

Adam

Afflic/Destr Warlock

Great job everyone.

I will be unable to attend on Wed night due to my kids' school Christmas play. Have fun.

Not able to run

Rhys,

I am not available to make it for the run this week. I have family events and a wedding to attend to.

Adam

Widgerry

Will be late

Rhys,

I will have to be late for tonight's run. I have a 9:00 est scheduling meeting for work. Should only take 15 minutes or so.

Adam

Widgerry 70 Warlock
Widmath 49 Shadow Priest

Work interferes

Due to a new work schedule, I am unable to run on Friday Nights until after the end of the month.

Adam
Widgerry lvl 70 Warlock

some personal thoughts after wends run. Ok, this is how I view kara at this point. Look this is not a newb team, we know the instance and the pulls, my thoughts is to push ourselves every time we go in. What does that mean, well correcting mistakes and setting up for the pulls quicker. I think that is why we quickly figured out what went wrong on 1 or 2 bad executions and moved on. and I mean I might be alone here but if everyone would rather pull at a very conservative pace then I will just go to kara with a different mindset.

ok secondly. there was some question on whether we could handle madien with 2 healers. um, remember when someone pulled madien while setting up, she wiped half the party in the first 10 seconds, all that was left was a tank, 2 healers and 2 dps. we pulled her to the middle and got her under 5 percent? healers just ran out of mana or we would have had it. ok this argument was nonsense, and it should have discussed this in TS were everyone could have given their opinion.

my 2 cents

oh yea, after reading merrils post, it is stressful setting these up week after week, so it would be a nice gesture to make rhys life as easy as possible cause hes obviously stressed out. and me trying to 'get the train rolling' so to speak probably just exsasterbates the situation

Last edited:
Well, since Wed night was brought up, I would like to say some things about raiding in general that I believe would be helpful to our team and continued progression.

I would like to thank Rhys and Rob for their leadership. I know that it takes extra time and dedication for you to provide the leadership to the group, along with some extra pressures and headaches. Thanks again.

When it comes time to raid, I believe that we should be raiding and allowing our leaders to lead that raid. I know from 40-man raiding that starting whisper conversations with the RL during the raid is very distracting to the leader and can only have a negative effect upon the current raid in-progress. Just because we are a 10-man raid does not mean that such conversations cease to have such an effect. If something is important to the raid it can be brought up over TS or in raid chat. However, if you have a difference of opinion on how the raid should be led, then I do not think that during the raid is the appropriate time to discuss it. Suggestions on how to handle a failed encounter would be appropriate when the RL asks for it. Any suggestion that someone else should take the lead during a raid is totally inappropriate. If you are having difficulty with the team's leadership, discuss it outside of the raid and make your own decision as to whether you want to continue being a part of the team. During the raid the leadership should have the support of the team.

We should be ready at start time with all pots, foods, repairs, ammo, and whatever else you need to play your class. We should be ready for invites 10-15 minutes prior to the start time and at the door or ready for the summons to the stone. We do have a committed member of the team who cannot be on time because of a time-zone difference, but the decision to maintain that person's spot is with the RL and I personally support it. We can easily clear through to Attunemen by the time this person can arrive if we do our part in being on time and ready. I am concerned with our ability to progress if we continue to have late starts. It would also be helpful if those who cannot make their regular spot would post here as some have, or even better, make use of the Guild Calendar mod and clearly note your planned attendance.

I am also supportive of us increasing our pace through the "trash" mobs as long as we have clear communication so that we know when we could be in a difficult situation due to mana issues. If we get good at it, we should be able to rotate through characters and always have a healers and mana-based dps with their mana in a good place. We will only grow as we push ourselves to do better. We should not, however, try to compensate for late starts with this as I believe that is the wrong motive and only covers over a discipline deficiency that needs to be addressed.

We have shown the ability to clear through Curator in an evening without skipping and I believe we can do so again and even beyond.

As a final note, let's not forget this is only a game and that as a guild we believe in having a Christ-like attitude towards each other. When we stand before Jesus, He isn't going to care if we were all epic'd out or not. The real question is whether we were light to the world and salt to the earth.

Merril

PS Oh yeah, and if we can't get a critical mass of players who can commit to 7 PM so we can start clearing mobs at 7 PM, then maybe we need to consider a 7:30 start. I would rather know the start time than hope for the start time.

Last edited:
Good run yesterday everyone! We did Moroes, Opera (OZ), Curator, Shade, Chess and Prince. One shotted every boss and no wipes, we didn't do it as fast as fast as the progression run but were working on our speed:)

Bah, don't compare groups to one another - just know that you guys got thru Prince in one night, no wipes, one-shots all the way! That's awesome! Keep up the great work everyone!

Back