PASTOR'S CORNER

Binding & Losing

Matthew 18:17 If that person still refuses to listen, take your case to the church. If the church decides you are right, but the other person won't accept it, treat that person as a pagan or a corrupt tax collector. 18 I tell you this: Whatever you prohibit on earth is prohibited in heaven, and whatever you allow on earth is allowed in heaven.

19 "I also tell you this: If two of you agree down here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you.

If you read the above passaged it looks like that they might not go together. Yet Jesus is dealing with discipline in the church. Notice how He instructs the situation to be taken to the church, and then later talks of two or three agreeing. Those two or three are members of the church, The Body of Christ.

So what does this mean, it means that whatever the Church binds or loses on earth it will be done in Heaven. Which means that the Church would have to know specifically what was needed to be bound or losed.

So when you ask for prayer from brothers or sisters, you may need to concider swallowing your pride, getting around your fears, and let them know exactly what is needed. That way "if two of you agree here on earth," the "Father in heaven will do it for you." Meaning, it will be done, just as you asked and just as the brother and sisters agreed to it.

PRAISE YOU GOD FOR YOUR LOVE AND CARING FOR US!!!
:D

Simple is God's first name...

So many times, we humans try to complicate things way too much. Especially God, we think He is so complex that there is no way to fathom Him. Yet I heard a pastor this past Sunday sum up the whole thing, and I want to share it with you...

God created 10 commandments, for the people to live by.

When Man revised those laws, they went from 10 to 600+ laws.

When God revised them, they went from 10 to 2. :D

Luke 10:27 He said, "That you love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and muscle and intelligence--and that you love your neighbor as well as you do yourself." (the Message)

PRAISE BE TO GOD, who gave us more than 1 promise in the Bible, yet without the 1, we'd never get the others!!!

Thoughtful Actions

Before you breathe, concider this...

GOD LOVES YOU!!!

Thank you, now exhale.

Pulling through...

Last Thursday Priceless and I received a fantastic word, and I wanted to share it with you...

3 Things:
1) Don't worry
2) Your debt is paid
3) You are free

Talk about a "PRAISE GOD" for those thing, and God gave them just when we both needed them.

Today I found myself thinking, 'OK God I have stood on this word from you, now when is it going to happen?'

I pulled up the Message and looked under 'push through,' because I felt like I needed to push through to the blessings we've been given, here's what I found:
1 Corinthians 10:13
No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it.

So I smiled (and repented :D ) and relized that God is actually PULLING me through these times. So Thank you God. Before you go off howlering at God yourself, make sure He's not pulling your through.

PRIASE BE TO GOD OUR SAVIOR!!! JESUS!!!!

I was reading my Bible study this morning, and I was reading from 1 John 4. Squinky (my oldest daughter, and no that's not her real name, that's her screen name), was sitting on my lap listening. When I was finished I asked her, "Did you understand what that said?" She replied, "Yes." I asked her, "What did it say to you?" After a brief attempt on her part to say she didn't know, she said, "it said that I need to be obedient." I then asked, "Why did that tell you to be obedient?" She said, "To show I love you & Mommy."

Ok, if a six year old can get, why can't adults?

PastorWirl said:
I was reading my Bible study this morning, and I was reading from 1 John 4. Squinky (my oldest daughter, and no that's not her real name, that's her screen name), was sitting on my lap listening. When I was finished I asked her, "Did you understand what that said?" She replied, "Yes." I asked her, "What did it say to you?" After a brief attempt on her part to say she didn't know, she said, "it said that I need to be obedient." I then asked, "Why did that tell you to be obedient?" She said, "To show I love you & Mommy."

Ok, if a six year old can get, why can't adults?

well that is easy to answer Pastor.... Look at Matthew 18:3-5

"And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me." (NIV)

Children seem to see things of the spiritual realm a little easier than adults do.
Did you know that over 70% of adults who read The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe miss the fact that Aslan represents Jesus and 95% of children recognize it instantly?

You make a good point Pastor. Lets all take it to heart.

There are times when you really don't want to do something. Not that you don't liek doing it, you just don't want to. However, if you go through with it the blessings can be wonderful.
I felt that way last night with the Prayer Closet. I was not really wanting to do it. However (with some encouragement, I love you Priceless) I pushed through, and was really blessed by the experience.
I hope that everyone can push through those things you don't want to do (ex. Church, Prayer, Tithing), and receive a blessing from them.

SMILE!!!

James 1:16-18 So, my very dear friends, don't get thrown off course. Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven. The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light. There is nothing deceitful in God, nothing two-faced, nothing fickle. He brought us to life using the true Word, showing us off as the crown of all his creatures. (the Message)

SMILE!!!

You are a crown for God to show off with. All creation looks at humans and marvels.

Yet even the goldest of crowns can tarnish. Let Jesus polish you inside and out today. Let His Spirit flow through you. Let His loving hand mold and shape you completely today.

God called us good, when Jesus said, "Forgive them..." So if you haven't, thank God for our Savior. Thank God for His living Spirit in each of us. Thank God that He has made us good, and that we are set upon a crown for His glory.

God please use us today to share the love of Christ to everyone we meet.

SMILE! GOD HAS MADE YOU GOOD THROUGH JESUS CHRIST!

James 1:16-18 So, my very dear friends, don't get thrown off course. Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven. The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light. There is nothing deceitful in God, nothing two-faced, nothing fickle. He brought us to life using the true Word, showing us off as the crown of all his creatures. (the Message)

Thank you for sharing this PW, I so needed to hear (read) this

Gen

God's Masterpiece

monalisa1000.jpg

A lot of people would say that the above painting is a "masterpiece," from Leonard da Vinci.

YET I'M HERE TO SHOW YOU A GREATER MASTERPIECE THAN THAT!!!

OK, read carefully there are instructions that follow.

#1) Get or go to a mirror.
#2) Look at your self in the mirror.
#3) BEHOLD GOD'S MASTERPIECE!

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. (NLT, emphasis added)

REMEMBER, YOU ARE GOD'S MASTERPIECE IN CHRIST! PRAISE BE TO GOD WHO LOVES US SO MUCH!!!

God gives everything...

I was remembering our conversation last night after Bible study, talking about healing. Then this morning during I was reading from 2 Peter, and this is what I read...

2 Peter 1:3-11 said:
3 As we know Jesus better, his divine power gives us everything we need for living a godly life. He has called us to receive his own glory and goodness! 4 And by that same mighty power, he has given us all of his rich and wonderful promises. He has promised that you will escape the decadence all around you caused by evil desires and that you will share in his divine nature.
5 So make every effort to apply the benefits of these promises to your life. Then your faith will produce a life of moral excellence. A life of moral excellence leads to knowing God better. 6 Knowing God leads to self-control. Self-control leads to patient endurance, and patient endurance leads to godliness. 7 Godliness leads to love for other Christians, and finally you will grow to have genuine love for everyone. 8 The more you grow like this, the more you will become productive and useful in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But those who fail to develop these virtues are blind or, at least, very shortsighted. They have already forgotten that God has cleansed them from their old life of sin.
10 So, dear brothers and sisters, work hard to prove that you really are among those God has called and chosen. Doing this, you will never stumble or fall away. 11 And God will open wide the gates of heaven for you to enter into the eternal Kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
(Emphasis Added)

Ok, if you need scripture to believe scripture then there some scripture for you. :D

Note: The word work in verse 10 means "to hasten, make haste, to exert one's self, endeavour, give diligence." So don't wait till tomorrow, take Peter's advice and start applying this today.

Satan is one big poopoo head

I want to give a praise report...

Priceless and I felt that this past Sunday we were to give our tithes to a church that we'd been visiting with. This was something special for us to do, but we did it in faith.

As of today (Tuesday) we've been attacked financially at least 3 times! PRAISE GOD!!!

I know you think I might be crazy, but I know that we're right where we need to be. And I will praise God all the way through it, b/c if I don't, dispare will set in and we'll be defeated.

PRAISE GOD THAT WE'VE GOT VICTORY THROUGH JESUS CHRIST, AND THAT ALL OF OUR NEEDS HAVE BEEN MET!!!

!!!be encouraged!!!

The Most Painful Thing in the Whole World

I bet your running all kinds of things through your head once you read the title of this post. I bet your thinking cancer, loss of a limb, terminal illness of some kind.

Yet the most painful thing in the world, is something that will cause the most help in the world. Just because something is painful does not mean that it is something that is harmful.

What is it?

HUMILITY

It is something that will bring you low, and will make yourself disapear from the scene. Yet you will not be harmed by humility. In fact, it will actually bring you towards salvation of all kinds.

So if life has hit you recently with the humility stick (and I say this from experience), praise God for it, b/c He loves you to let you fall. :D
PRAISE GOD!!!

God may allow us to fall, but He is always there to help us back up, kiss our nruises to make them feel better and guide us in the right direction. I am reminded of the song by Jaci Valasquez (spelling?)

"every time I fall, a little bit harder, every time I fall, a little bit farther, every time I fall, I fall right back into your arms." (Not sure if exact punctuation...)

Anyway, don't be afraid of falling, just be able and open to instruction, for remember Proverbs 12:1

Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction is stupid.

(Ah I love it when I read something and I can add to it. :D Thank PW. )

An Image of the Kingdom of God

Have you ever really wondered about what the Kingdom of God would look like on a map???

Well, from what I've been able to understand (all kudos to the Holy Spirit, for showing me things), you'd have to use a 3D map to completely convey the Kingdom, correctly...

What I'm hoping to do is post some pictures here that will give a snap shot of a "3D Map" of the Kingdom of God.

Whats cool about this, it will give you a better understanding of the roll of the church in the world, and how the world reacts to Christ & the churh.

So, keep you eyes peeled as I work on this to the extent of what the Spirit has shown me.

WOOT TO THE FATHER!!!
WOOT TO THE SON!!!
WOOT TO THE HOLY SPIRIT!!!
WOOT TO THE 3 IN 1!!!

PastorWirl said:
Have you ever really wondered about what the Kingdom of God would look like on a map???

Just as the body of Christ is the church so to are they the Kingdom of God.
Rev.1:6 and also Rev.5:10 says "and hast made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reigh on the earth."
We will share in His reigh.

Perhaps its in the shape of a heart.

The Kingdom of God is the realm in which God's reigh is experienced.
This realm is sometimes something present, sometimes future.
You must enter into it with violent determination.(Luke 16:16)

The Kingdom of God is also God's reigh or rule.(Mark 10:15 and Matt.6:33)
You must be born again to enter the Kingdom of God.

There are three meanings of the Kingdom of God found in the new Testament.
1. The realm over which a monarch reighs.
2. The people over whom he reighs.
3. The actual reigh or rule itself.

Seek and you will find; for it is when we seek God's Kingdom and righteousness, that we seek for God's rule in our lives.(Matt.6:33)

Jesus said in Matthew 12:28 "But if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the Kingdom of God has come upon you."

The term "Kingdom of Heaven" is used synonymously with "Kingdom of God" in the Bible.

I look forward to seeing the pictures.

Last edited:
PastorWirl said:
hehehehehe,

I'm working on the pics

Well I tried to post the pics this morning, but Photobucket was down, so I couldn't up load them.
Good things come to those who wait. hehehe

Back