POLL! About 1.8 and our map!

New Map on 1.8 release or After bukkit is updated?

• New map. When 1.8 is released

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Stay on the current one. Wait for bukkit to update

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hmm...If you don't like it, you don't have to use it, but it will give players the ability to build up as high as they feel they need to and clearly mark out player's areas as well as having a nice city feel...
I'll make it 2k*2k, because having alot of players crammed together even in a 1k*1k would suck. :p I'm tempted to make it 2.5k*2.5k. I like my space.
Don't make the world bigger than 2k x 2k we don't need that much space and don't make the height higher than 128, Notch didn't make the worlds higher because in SP and in MP it takes alot more resources to load those chunks it also takes up more hard drive space.
ben what if we split it 2000x2000 each?
We could split it 2000 x 2000 each but Gamma is 3000 x 3000 and we don't even use 1000 for our houses, Beta was 1500 x 1500 and we weren't cramped, also you have to remember at least half of the people on the whitelist are no longer playing on our server and I'm guessing we have a maximum of 30 players that are "active" on our server.

My idea is a spawn in the middle with concentric squares moving out. Smaller plots near the spawn and larger and larger plots as you move out.
In my idea, the Spawn-World is not for exploring or anything like that. It's a safe place for building, storing and fellowship.
Remember, Adventure-World is not safe. Its a place of danger, thieves and quite possibly griefers. You really don't want to build there or live there. Just visit and explore, mine and farm.
This means that we shouldn't do farming or building things other than houses/storerooms in the city, don't forget you can build upwards and we could always section off the city into a upper and lower half..
I would not be posting this if we had more hard drive space on the server box..

P.S.
Skylands will be added as a city building Only world,No nether,No Pvp,and quite small 2100x2100x32 estimated.

Gamma will be deleted and a new map will be added for adventure only,Pvp on,Nether is on, and a limited amount of exploring... about... 3200x3200
Catakou, Both of those worlds combined equals 5300 x 5300 , I know the server can handle at least a total 3500x3500 but a maximum of 4000x4000, if we do anything above that we won't have enough space for even One backup..

Last edited:
>.> ok, thus far I have a nice flat plain that's glassed in... problem is that when you get to the edge of the 2k*2k, chunks load outside of the wall... <.< would you still use a world like that or should I cut it 1.5k*1.5k and have the chunks outside the wall so the limit is 2k... xD and I used glass so its just a barrier and doesn't mess with how the world looks. >..< and I realized how massive 2k * 2k is when I deleted 516 million blocks at once to clear it out... As it is right now, players will have 122 blocks of height to build on with 2 layers of ground beneath them and a subway under the entire thing for faster transportation. I'm working on above ground roads right now, and I was planning on making the outside of the glass wall look like skylands for a nice view, but I can't make the map skylands myself so it will still have night even though I'll light the whole place up before I hand it over to you peoples. Mobs won't randomly be spawning. Also, I'm a huge fan of dessert terrain, so I was thinking of making 1/4 of the area dessert-like and perhaps 1/4 of it forest terrain (think Canopy of Carnage by Vechs type forest), would you guys like that?

I'll make it 2k*2k, because having alot of players crammed together even in a 1k*1k would suck. :p I'm tempted to make it 2.5k*2.5k. I like my space. xD Poll this thing, like now!

it can only be 2kx2k otherwise the server will lag...

Catakou, Both of those worlds combined equals 5300 x 5300 , I know the server can handle at least a total 3500x3500 but a maximum of 4000x4000, if we do anything above that we won't have enough space for even One backup..

mhm it will be 2kx2k each... since its easyer right?

I don't know if this is now too late for my suggestion, but here it is anyhow:

Have a world, like earth, where there is PvP, but only outside of player zones. Example: I built a castle, and therefore, anyone who steps inside my castle is safe from PvP/destruction of blocks. However, outside this specified area, players my decide to joust for sport or fun. TnT would be banned however, so as to not encourage griefing. Day and Night would exist, and mobs would exist, as would the portal to the nether.

As a twist on this, I think there should be only one way to portal to a place we would refer to as "Heaven". To make Heaven a really spectacular place, the only way you could make roads/paths there, would be out of gold block. This makes this an interesting issue... where would I get gold block in such quantity? Well, interesting enough, only within "Heaven's" surface, as the entire underground surface area would be made of layers of:
- 4 Layers of Dirt/grass
- Sandstone
- 2 Layers of Regular Stone (which would have to be made to stone after being mined, but oh well) - you could make it so that you bann cobblestone from placement, so that only the refined stone would be used (exeption is cobblestone stairs as of now).
- Bricks
- Iron Blocks (not ore)
- Lapis Lazuli Blocks
- 5 layers of gold blocks
- Red Wool
- White Wool
- Orange Wool
- Yellow Wool
- Green Wool
- Aqua Green Wool
- Cyan Wool
- Blue Wool
- Purple Wool
- Indigo Wool
- Violet Wool
- Magneta Wool
- Pink Wool
- 4 Layers of Sand ( for making Glass)
- 5 Layers of Glowstone Block
- 2 Layers of Coal Ore
- Bedrock

All layers combined equal a land mass of 40 blocks in height.

There would be no darkness in "Heaven", and therefore, such a quantity of glowstone exists for that purpose (for interior lighting). Also, the lack of black wool, grey wool, and Obsidian does NOT exist for that same purpose. And, the Sun is ALWAYS up. Lighters + Lava would be prohibited from use (due to extensive wool content).

There would have to be a way however to make it so that nobody can leave Heaven with anything in their inventory at all. You can't take anything INTO heaven, and you can't bring anything back with you. I would propose a large structure just prior to enterance and exit from Heaven just for safe storage purposes, so that no items are lost to the players.

Also, the portal to "Heaven" should be something of a challenge to get to. I currently have a finished, and really dark maze that might do the trick, including the portal at the finish. Oh, and it's made entirely out of bedrock, so that once you venture in, you better be sure you want to get to the end.

Last edited:
Meh, too many rules and stuff that could go wrong, and way too much work to build that for multiplayer... In other news :D the map is coming along nicely, should only take another couple hours to finish since it's moving along quicker now... I'll upload some screenies of what I have so far (;
tumblr_lr4cchrbS81r18y5mo1_500.png

^ Spawn Island VERY cool looking in person, almost intimidating. ^
tumblr_lr4cahq7wP1r18y5mo1_500.png

^ In the making pic ^
tumblr_lr4cahq7wP1r18y5mo2_250.png

^ Basic island type ^
tumblr_lr4cahq7wP1r18y5mo3_250.png

^ My special nether biome island home ^
tumblr_lr4cahq7wP1r18y5mo4_500.png

^ Added lava (; FTW ^
There will be several other types of islands, and don't worry, I'm making at least 100 islands of various sizes in a 1.5k*1.5k area... The area beneath it will be void when I finish all the islands... I'm making them using MCedit and WorldEdit/Single Player Commands in combination... As you can see xD I've already claimed my nether biome island and put Adventure Co. on it.

Edit: oh, and umm... mob proofing isn't going to happen xD WAAAAY too much work for one person. Light your own islands!

Last edited:
If we ever get more server capacity Heaven may be a possibility.

As far as Skyworld I'd like to make the following suggestions as far as the construction of the floating island.

Obviously 2000x2000 (Can we shave 200 off each side for 1800x1800 and make it still look good?)

At bedrock you put 3 blocks of lava. This makes it truly the bottom of the world and provides a penalty for falling off/digging thru the sky island.

Above the lava you have 5 blocks of air. This allows for the floating feeling.

Bottom of the island and sides are Obsidian. Bottom is 5 blocks thick, sides are 3. Obvious boundary that people will have to work to breach. But breachable if they really want to. Nothing but air on the other side tho.

10 blocks of smooth stone with 5 blocks of dirt on top of that. This allows people to make basements and dungeons on their property as well as fountains etc. It gives room under properties for secret tunnels or subways if desired as well.

That leaves about 100 blocks from ground up for building.

I know last minute suggestions are a pain especially when you already have something in the works but I feel this will really give us a good base to work with.

As far as Skyworld I'd like to make the following suggestions as far as the construction of the floating island.

Obviously 2000x2000 (Can we shave 200 off each side for 1800x1800 and make it still look good?)

Yup, it would still look good, buuuut, I'ma work on the area I have right now first then I can expand it.

At bedrock you put 3 blocks of lava. This makes it truly the bottom of the world and provides a penalty for falling off/digging thru the sky island.

Above the lava you have 5 blocks of air. This allows for the floating feeling.

Umm... Bedrock is going away, it will just be void. You fall, you die xD And uh, there's plenty of space under the islands for that floating feeling.

Bottom of the island and sides are Obsidian. Bottom is 5 blocks thick, sides are 3. Obvious boundary that people will have to work to breach. But breachable if they really want to. Nothing but air on the other side tho.

I'm not even sure how I would begin to do that >..< it would take sooo much time per island, I'd be working on this for a month, no joke. The islands are solid, and each will be made differently with several different biome types.

10 blocks of smooth stone with 5 blocks of dirt on top of that. This allows people to make basements and dungeons on their property as well as fountains etc. It gives room under properties for secret tunnels or subways if desired as well.

That's rather boring... just dirt and stone? .-. Although none of the islands will have any ores in them, I have made a few from wool to make it look like a cloud and some from dirt and stone, some from netherack and soul sand, some from ice, some will be just huge trees, some will be glass or brick or something, idk yet :) but I assure you, they will all have space for players to make basements and stuffs. And it will look very pretty. If I have time, I might go back and add spawners to some of them (; so you might already have a basement.

That leaves about 100 blocks from ground up for building.

I know last minute suggestions are a pain especially when you already have something in the works but I feel this will really give us a good base to work with.

The way I'm doing it now is just making the islands with as much space above them as possible for people to just build on however they want. All the islands will be at different elevations from each other, so some islands you can build higher on, others you will be able to dig deeper on -shrugs- I'm giving you variation rather than standardization.

( BTW, took 3 hours to make 100 gravel trees spawn so I could make the islands and I'm still working on the turning them into islands, it's really time consuming, I think I have about 10 islands made out of the 100 and I've been working on this since 7am, it's 5:40pm now. If you have no idea what I'm talking about... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG9_0d_zInI&feature=player_embedded but... imagine that on a surface what feels like x200 the size xD and the trees much larger. I've deleted and created at least 4 billion blocks today... my computer is having several heart attacks and hates me very much, but I'm loving every minute of it.)

Last edited:
Could you make some islands up higher, closer to the ceiling but still some room above. Was thinking of building something that will hang down from them.

Could you make some islands up higher, closer to the ceiling but still some room above. Was thinking of building something that will hang down from them.

I thought about that as well, there will definitely be some. Also, when I finish building all the islands, I'll be working on giving them some texture so they aren't just flat on top like some of the ones below only better.

Also, I'ma take a break since I've been at this for 12 straight hours >..< I'll finish it tomorrow probably... >.> I'll work on it some more tonight too, but for now...

MOAR SCREENIES!
tumblr_lr4j9wo4qF1r18y5mo1_500.png

tumblr_lr4j9wo4qF1r18y5mo2_250.png
tumblr_lr4j9wo4qF1r18y5mo3_250.png
tumblr_lr4j9wo4qF1r18y5mo5_250.png
tumblr_lr4j9wo4qF1r18y5mo4_250.png

Last edited:
Newest Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?wa26h2a55fxpv8w

xD I think it's looking pretty good, any new suggestions?

(The big sign is just because it's on mediafire, I'm planning on taking it down before I finish so it isn't on the map... that would be annoying to look at) xD

Last edited:
Very cool looking. Nothing like what had in mind.

I was going for more of a Tabernacle and twelve tribes feeling. The island would be flat and boring with everything set up around the center spawn. More Town/city feeling setup with the biblical theme according to the wilderness camp. The people would make it interesting with their creations.

How are you connecting all the floating islands?

I'm working on glass bridges, a building for spawn, ways that I can connect islands without making them look connected (like, islands between them that we'll be able to sprint jump across in 1.8)... and that's a cool idea xD since I've only used about 1/4 of the map, I can make some larger islands further out with that theme, would that be alright? The initial idea behind the islands near spawn was for them to be hard to build on to discourage people from building very close to spawn and then build larger islands the further out I got so that people would have massive land areas to build on. So would you prefer I leave the islands flat topped so they're easier to build on then?

The way I imagined it, the buildings would be the main attraction, and most of the islands would be plain except for a few around spawn that catch your eye to travel that direction toward other islands. The further out from spawn you go the larger the islands will get and the more space you have to build on. I want to give people a choice in what biome they want to build in like you would have in an actual world (dessert island biomes, snow/winter island biomes, jungle/treehouse island biomes, ect.) so that your building will stand out more based on what it's build from. Like and igloo or boat on dirt doesn't look as cool as an igloo or boat on snow/ice, and a tree house might be impressive on dirt, but would be more awesome if the entire island was a tree as well. Herod's Temple, for instance, I'm going to put on a couple upside down islands to make it look like it's on a mountain, the different types of islands don't necessarily take away from what people build but rather would give them an opportunity to have an island that makes their building make sense or stand out even more.

Last edited:
Updated download link. Spawn building is done, and I made ways to get from island to island without flying or taking falling damage. I'm going back to working on finishing the islands now. (and make the sand island by spawn lit up a bit more like the dirt one is)

You guys wouldn't happen to have a use for this monstrosity would you??

I've always wanted the Christian community to enjoy this. However, it is entirely up to you. If it is not enjoyed here, then I wouldn't know who else would want such a structure. So far, this has been built from Feb. 2011 until now. It's still not completed by any standard.

Anyhow, you decide guys... I won't be offended either way. The size of this version of Herod's Temple is: 396 Blocks Wide; 343 Blocks Long; 65 Blocks High.

http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42073

You guys wouldn't happen to have a use for this monstrosity would you??

I've always wanted the Christian community to enjoy this. However, it is entirely up to you. If it is not enjoyed here, then I wouldn't know who else would want such a structure. So far, this has been built from Feb. 2011 until now. It's still not completed by any standard.

Anyhow, you decide guys... I won't be offended either way. The size of this version of Herod's Temple is: 396 Blocks Wide; 343 Blocks Long; 65 Blocks High.

http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42073

Well we already have a Herod's temple on our server.. Sorry...

Some questions?

1. It has been announced that we will start with empty inventories but buildings will be transferred. To what extend will the buildings be transferred? With all my chests full of stuff in them?
2. What about the people who took their buildings apart to transfer them to the new world? Will they be allowed to take their stuff so they can rebuild their buildings?
3. Will underground areas be moved?
4. I'm playing with MCedit. It appears the generation distance for unlimited visibility is 14 chunks. My current world is 1840x1840 or 115 chunks square. Adding 15 empty chunks on the outside of the map to prevent further chunk generation makes it 2320x2320. Do these extra chunks cause a huge increase in the file size or is it minimal because they are empty?

Some questions?

1. It has been announced that we will start with empty inventories but buildings will be transferred. To what extend will the buildings be transferred? With all my chests full of stuff in them?
2. What about the people who took their buildings apart to transfer them to the new world? Will they be allowed to take their stuff so they can rebuild their buildings?
3. Will underground areas be moved?
4. I'm playing with MCedit. It appears the generation distance for unlimited visibility is 14 chunks. My current world is 1840x1840 or 115 chunks square. Adding 15 empty chunks on the outside of the map to prevent further chunk generation makes it 2320x2320. Do these extra chunks cause a huge increase in the file size or is it minimal because they are empty?

1. we've decided that you can keep all you items in your inventory/chests but when you go too the adventure world you will have too have nothing in your inventory... (clear your inventory before we put in the new world since you wont have anything in your inventory for that world...meaning stick everything in your chests before 1.8)

2.yes we will move chests over but make sure you stick your items that are in your inventory into the chests since you wont have them when the new world comes... only things in chests will survive

3. No.. too many tunnels too move and if you have something built underground we can't just move it... take it apart and stick the items in your chests or re-build it.

4. i have no idea about that.. you will have too wait till grey or ben respond to this.

Last edited:
Updated download link... I might have forgotten to place myself back at spawn before saving so if you fall in the void at the start xD just ignore that. Also, please comment on what you think of the map! Feedback is appreciated, and I want to know what you guys would like to have so I have a better idea of what to make.

Last edited:
Back