Spirit of Elisha: LIVE on July 15

I am proud to announce that the former smurf guild Spirit of Elisha will go live on July 15th. Elisha will start out with a few select officers and members, and will be the 6th member of our alliance. They will receive every new invitee until they reach 25 members, and then all SoE invites will be split evenly between the two guilds.

Why are we doing this?
Out of necessity. We are full. Though I do reserve the right to boot people who have been inactive for more than 1 month, this should alleviate the need to boot anyone-- at least, until Elisha is full.

Who will be in charge of Elisha?
Me. Elisha will be run just as if it were simply members 101-200 of SoE. Derk (Trytt Krug in this case) will be the in-game leader of the guild, but as he is and will remain an SoE officer, he will still be in touch with me on a regular basis. Rho, Dorkelf, and a couple of others who I haven't yet contacted will be the officers of the new guild.

Who's going to make up Elisha?
Anyone who wants to and all new invitees. If you want to be a part of building a guild almost from the ground up, post a reply to this topic. Keep in mind-- you have a week to decide, so consider this carefully.

Are there plans to make a permanent split?
Let me be very clear on this: Elisha will be treated as an extension of SoE. There are no plans to split at this point. We will cross that bridge if we come to it, but I am confident that the leadership crew will be able to decide what is best for everyone involved.

Please direct your questions here, and also if you want to volunteer to jump to Elisha, here is the perfect place to do it.

DZwart: Edited IGN of my second account who is the current leader of Spirit of Elisha [ToJ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Before I commit to switching or staying I have a question. Should we choose to switch to Elisha and we find that we miss the old Elijah group more will we be able to switch back or will this be a permanent move for each of us that choose to make the switch?

Will there still be build your wealth nights, and pvp night with both guilds? or will each guild have different events?

So many decisions, /excited.

The forums will, indeed, be used by both guilds; there will also be joint Bible study and other events. This way, the two guilds will remain closely tied together.

I just checked and a sigil costs 20k right now. I volunteer to buy the sigil. You will need a hall if for no other reason than in case you want to GvG. Elisha members would still be able to use the traders in the Elijah hall by way of being in the Alliance.

Cape costs is 2k (IIRC) and I can get that too. Hopefully we will get identical capes because obviously we will be in the same Alliance and when SoE and SoE group together it would be nice to all have the same capes. If we ever have another cape contest it could be a joint vote.

Any other start-up costs just let me know.

I have a couple of questions:

Will Elisha have different capes or the same? Personally, I'd prefer if they either stayed the same or maybe invert the colors. This way we'd appear to be the same guild while grouped together.

Will Elisha keep the current ToJ tag or will it be scrubbed in favor of making the tag SoE like Elijah? Again, I personally think that it should be SoE so we would appear to be the same guild in groups AND in alliance chat.

Once we get the details worked out, I'll make some updates to the website. I wouldn't mind switching over to Elisha but I gotta coordinate that with my two main groupees (not to be confused with groupies :p ), Halonic and Talon.

I'm glad the decision was made and I pray that the Lord will bless our new expansion guild so that it may enable us to further expand His kingdom in the worlds of Tyria and Cantha.

I would be willing to switch over to the other guild, it would be awesome to see a new guild grow bigger and have the potential that our guild has now. Also would be nice to see new people and have some change, while still being able to play/ be in contact with friends from "old" guild.

Dauntless said:
Should we choose to switch to Elisha and we find that we miss the old Elijah group more will we be able to switch back or will this be a permanent move for each of us that choose to make the switch?

Assuming we have alleviated the "full" status of SoE, we can change back at any time if you have a strong desire to do so. As part of the same alliance, however, you will have alliance chat to remain in contact with SoE members as a part of ToJ. I will be working toward getting my character up to HzH to allow this alliance as soon as possible.

Halonic said:
Will the forums continue to be used by both guilds?
Yes, the forums will be common as we remain one guild divided by limitations of the guild mechanic in game. We are considering requesting a few sub-forums including one for each in-game guild.

Also, your offer for a guild hall and cape are greatly appreciated. I covered the cost for the cape upon formation of the guild in March and Pastori bought the Sigil at that time to allow the scrimage match that we did before the scrimage mode was added in game. The guild currently has the burning isle hall. There may be a desire in the short term to update both the cape and the hall to another one. We will start a new thread for that discussion when we reach that point. I also have the 40k that was raised, but never used for the Guild Hall upgrades as well as a previous gift of 20k from Halonic that I will plan to use to upgrade the new guild hall.

astrod00d said:
Will Elisha have different capes or the same? Personally, I'd prefer if they either stayed the same or maybe invert the colors. This way we'd appear to be the same guild while grouped together.

Will Elisha keep the current ToJ tag or will it be scrubbed in favor of making the tag SoE like Elijah? Again, I personally think that it should be SoE so we would appear to be the same guild in groups AND in alliance chat.

In the immediate future, we will keep the current cape for both guilds. However, watch the forums for upcoming plans to make the capes more complimentary.

The current plan is to keep the ToJ tag on SoElisha, however, this was not thouroughly discussed during the officers meeting. I'm not certain if a guild name has any reservation rules like character names if we were to dissolve it.

Last edited:
astrod00d said:

I agree that it would be awesome if we both had the same capes and the same tag. I feel that it would promote unity.

As far as the cape goes, I was actually just going to make a thread on that.

We will be having a "complimentary cape design" contest, which will create two capes distinguishable only on close examination. In other words, out with our current Hulkamania capes, in with a new design on July 15th, with two different trim colors to symbolize unity with only a slight distinction.

As far as the tag goes, I agree. It should be the same if we can change it.

It's great to see growth like this.

I have a couple of friends who may want to join at some point, so since they'd probably have to join the new guild, I'd be willing to move to the new one if needed.

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff said:
As far as the tag goes, I agree. It should be the same if we can change it.

The only way to change the tag is to dissolve and re-form the guild. I am assuming there are no holds on guild names and that there will be no issue in game with using a common tag. If I might suggest though, perhaps SOE instead of SoE for the sake of knowing when to change to guild chat to continue a conversation?

I believe that this will also require a new cape and new hall/sigil before we can ally. I won't take any permenant action on this, though, until we get closer to the 15th.

There are already several other guilds with the tags [SoE] and [SOE] which have no affiliation with us, so I think it is definately possible to reuse tags.

slalomdms said:
I would be willing to switch over to the other guild, it would be awesome to see a new guild grow bigger and have the potential that our guild has now. Also would be nice to see new people and have some change, while still being able to play/ be in contact with friends from "old" guild.

Great Davin. Elisha will need experienced members like you who want to see it grown into the same kind of strong, vital entity that Elijah is now.

At first, I think Elisha is very much going to be a newbie training and orientation area. We will send every new ToJ member there for a while, until Elisha has reached at least 25 members and there is room in SoE for new folks. But then Pastori says we'll divide new invites between the groups, which to me says that he doesn't want 'newbie training ground' to be the long-term purpose of Elisha. I suspect Elisha's members will have a very strong voice in determining exactly what Elisha's long term focus will be, beyond alleviating Elijah's new invites problem.

As far as transferring between the two guilds - I like the idea of any ToJ member being able to request and receive a transfer for any good reason, because that prevents either guild from being perceived as a 'prestige' group (aka clique, members-only-club for ub8r 1337s only, etc). But I don't think anything about transfers has been set in stone yet. Does anyone have any thoughts about membership transfers between the two guilds?

Paul

Last edited:
DZwart said:
If I might suggest though, perhaps SOE instead of SoE for the sake of knowing when to change to guild chat to continue a conversation?

SOE and SoE.....brilliant idea........I love it.

Just a reminder, and I don't know when these will be implemented, but the winners of the factions emblem design contest should be available soon. This could play a role in our new cape design.

There are several viable options there with possible biblical meaning, like the lion with the crown on his head, the tree, and the fish. Now who knows that the actual emblems will look like when they are avaible in the game...

azuresun said:
Just a reminder, and I don't know when these will be implemented, but the winners of the factions emblem design contest should be available soon. This could play a role in our new cape design.

There are several viable options there with possible biblical meaning, like the lion with the crown on his head, the tree, and the fish. Now who knows that the actual emblems will look like when they are avaible in the game...
That is definitely something to consider.

I've spoken with Halonic and Talon and we're in agreement that we would like to throw our names in the hat of who will switch over to Elisha. We're all three mainly PvEers and would probably be able to benefit newer members in their early and late game questing.

Back