The Off Topic Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Georgia weather is so capricious! Monday, it was in the upper sixties most of the day; the high was 72.

We got some freezing rain around 9 pm; we may get sleet tonight. :confused:

this weekend, there was a front stalled here in arkansas/oklahoma/etc... on one side, 60's and rainy. the other, 20's and snow/ice. there's weather for ya.

You should give Texas a try. I swear, I don't know what's wrong with people down here, but here's a little taste of the reaction to cold weather in Texas... This quote is taken off a blog post the other day at Red vs. Blue (the Halo short-films) which is based out of Austin:

"Looks like it's going to snow in Austin tonight. They say there could be as many as 3 inches. Now I'm no expert, but I think that qualifies as a blizzard? Someone from the north will have to confirm that for me.

[...]

"Now, if you will excuse us, it turns out that someone here in Austin saw ice on the ground somewhere or they have a friend who went to school with a guy who heard there's going to be some ice, so the entire city is about to shut down. I'm scared, hold me."

Funny, yes, but you wouldn't believe how many business were actually shut down yesterday even when it was just starting to get below 35 degrees! *sigh* :D

-Chadley

lol its been -15 F here in Iowa. -25 wind chill. We had a high of 11 the past few days. And get this, my friend still hasen't worn a coat this winter!

Wow! That is normal winter weather. A Blizzard is like 31 Inches of snow just FYI. How do I know well we recieved that in about a 24 hour period :).

no i dont lol we dont really have any shops near me! but as soon as i get gas ill see if what i have done has fixed it, if need beill send it off!

im at SEA LEVEL in CALIFORNIA, and the ice from LAST FRIDAY is JUST starting to melt for the FIRST time today... ITS COLD!!!!!! and waking up at 6:30 to go stand out side on the side of a highway at 26 degrees with cars passing by at 60+ MPH with the cold wind... lets just say i dont like the bus. >_<!

it just keeps snowing... and snowing... and snowing...

It's fun but annoying because I have to plow the driveway every other day with the lawn tractor (snow chains and plow attachment of course :p)

Here in iowa every winter we have a few days where it goes from -10 to 83 degrees in ONE DAY (not kidding either, i had to wear a winter coat to school and dredge through a foot of snow and then come home in the 80's!)

it just keeps snowing... and snowing... and snowing...

It's fun but annoying because I have to plow the driveway every other day with the lawn tractor (snow chains and plow attachment of course :p)

Trogdor is easier.

no snowboarding here (no snow)

Surfing though
Yep! tho I have been getting ice on my driveway ALL day long. and it was supposed to be like 20 degrees one night with rain and everyone was screaming snow snow snow! I'm at sea level, it dont snow here... but an hour awayish it does :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back