Warhammer

Which side do you lean towards in Warhammer Online?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Massively.com just spent a couple days at Mythic, and have presented a metric boatload of info from interviews, play tests, and subjecting the development team to Chinese water torture.

Of note, a few questions that have been bouncing around here are addressed, too.

Last edited:
they torture their developers? oooh this game is going to be good.

little easter eggs will be hidden in the game with directions to rescue the development team from their Mythic overlords.

Personally I could never see myself playing Chaos or Dark elf. The only acceptable destruction race is greenskin for me. Pretty much any of those classes would be semi appealing. Nothing on the order of dwarves but meh... if everyone is going destruction.

I just signed up on the EAMythic Beta Center site and applied for the Warhammer Online beta. I thought I had signed up for the beta previously, but I guess they chucked the old registration info in favor of the new site.

Greenskins are pretty pro, I am looking forward to trying them out. Although the witch elf class is really grabbing my attention, if only they make a male version or a way to give the female some more clothes! I don't want to be running around catching a cold or something...

Fair enough--a guild is allowed to cross racial lines. I can even see us creating two guilds a la Redeemed/MSC (if for no other reason than to see which proves better long-term). I might also add we're not asking an important question--which server type would we be playing on?

I believe that the standard server type will have RvR areas in each zone, but areas outside of that will be designated for PvE content, and any RvR in those areas would need to be consensual.

I'd assume that there will be a 'pure' RvR style, as well, where any areas would be RvR enabled, but that's just a guess. There will probably be RP flavors of those, too.

I can say, though, that when higher leveled players enter a low level RvR area they are turned into chickens (braaaaawk!), so high level ganking won't be a problem.

I'd tend to favor a standard server, too. I'm all for RvR, and plan to partake heartily, but sometimes it's nice to just be able to kick back and PvE for a bit without having to look over your shoulder constantly.

can I change my vote? After looking up various similar polls on popular forums, I am finding that Destruction is always the winner by a pretty decent margin.

I think that Order is going to be the serious underdog and it might be more satisfying to take the "narrow way" here.

Agreed. This game has enough pvp availability without having to make it wide-open.

According to HammerWiki, the "standard" version, called "core ruleset," is that you auto-flag when you cross the border into enemy territory. The alternative style is "open RvR," where you're flagged anywhere except the newbie pod. RP servers will be on offer in at least the core version, maybe the open version too.

So it will be like Dark Age of Camelot with the designated RVR zones within each realm (think Old Frontiers).

Baddwin... don't screw up the NDA, either...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back