Warhammer

Which side do you lean towards in Warhammer Online?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it will be like Dark Age of Camelot with the designated RVR zones within each realm (think Old Frontiers).

Baddwin... don't screw up the NDA, either...

There are RvR zones with in each leveling zone. It is much different than DAoC. RvR can happen at all levels in the designated areas. But you don't zone to a new "frontier" area for RvR. It is much more seamless.

I for one am drawn toward the White Lion and Witch Hunter. Even though it's a game, I am still drawn toward 'good' in a good vs evil type scenario. The toons of the Chaos side seem to be drawn up from a more dark background and I think even in gaming we should turn to the light.

I have pre-ordered my own Warhammer online, but don't know if my pre-ordered version came with the open beta offer. I got it off Amazon. I'm hoping by the time I get the game I'll have some type of part time job that will pay for high speed cable.

Last edited:
October 15th or November 12th both have been said and it moves between the two dates.

I think the October date is the one they are going with at this point.

I would say it appears they can a very good chance of making that happen.

If they released right now the game is more complete than a few others were at release.

I for one am drawn toward the White Lion and Witch Hunter. Even though it's a game, I am still drawn toward 'good' in a good vs evil type scenario. The toons of the Chaos side seem to be drawn up from a more dark background and I think even in gaming we should turn to the light.

While I agree the Order side "appears" more good. It is merely a misconception. The two sides are equally pagan and have multiple god's none of which are acceptable in real life for a Christian. Both sides are hell bent on destroying the other side and you kill and destroy each other on both sides. All for the name of fun!

Don't confuse, 'order' with godly or good.

Destruction is simply darker and carries the negative connotation of destroying instead of building. Both sides objective is to destroy the other and rampage the sides capital cities.

But in the end, it is a game for play. Not a theological statement or stance on deity. God is God and the newest Redeemed will glorify Him no matter which side we play. In my opinion, God is more concerned about how we treat each other and how we serve and minister to our fellow players than about what the pixels on our screen look like.

The two sides are equally pagan and have multiple god's none of which are acceptable in real life for a Christian. Both sides are hell bent on destroying the other side and you kill and destroy each other on both sides. All for the name of fun!

Don't confuse, 'order' with godly or good.

Destruction is simply darker and carries the negative connotation of destroying instead of building. Both sides objective is to destroy the other and rampage the sides capital cities.

On a side note reminds me of a book I read "villains by necessity's" Not a bad book, and i think a fairly easy read. But like the inquisition it shows you what happens when order ( not good or godly) goes to far.

and yes there is a Dr00id in it. But an amusing read.

(on topic)

You all pick the side, I am with you!~

ill take any side i dont care lol ill find one that i like soon enough.. how much is it to preorder? im thinkin of using some b-day mula for it

Well, if I could vote I would def. go Destruction :)

I am diggin the goblin shaman...but if we were to go order I would prolly be a dwarf rune priest...so either way idc...

dang it i really liked that class =( it looked fun! y cant they have it were the classes have their on on both sides like wow?

If you read the massively.com interview stuff linked a couple pages back, you'll see that they are 'mirroring' career dynamics. While the same careers don't exist on either side, if you really like career X's play mechanic, you will be able to find the same dynamic on a career on the other side. They're usually not exact duplicates, but the role and general 'feel' is there.

And yes, the Engineer, too, has a comparable class on the destruction side.

We don't know yet because we haven't see it...errrr

It has not been reported yet.

It is "still under the hood" I believe is the term Blizzard uses.

True. If it hadn't been mentioned by massively.com, I'd not have said anything. But since it's out there now, I figured pointing <----- that way wasn't a problem.

I can't spill anything else yet, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back