Warhammer

Which side do you lean towards in Warhammer Online?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so does it say on massively about what the destruction side engineer is?
cause id like to read about that to

Although, Cozz and BD4L.... not so sure I want to bow to a Cozz.... that is not a majestic name for one so benevolent and wise.

The Witch hunter, Dwarf Engineer, and Warrior Priest sound cool to me. :p

I loved DAOC, but EA has burned too many MMOs to the ground. :(

Good news is EA Mythic is now called Mythic. I know that doesn't change their funding, but I think Mythic has been given a "loose" oversight compared to some of the other franchises. Many EA games money is made based on the quantity of titles produced in the least amount of time.

I'm hoping for the best. We shall see. My friend who is a hard core ex-DaoC guy (I'm trying to get him on here) is more concerned with their class makeup and thinks the classes they made are too specialized and not enough core classes.

It's still EA, and they are being run by the same person who killed off Origin, Westwood, and Bullfrog shortly after buying them and promising them the same "oversight" they "promised" Mythic.

I give it less than three years before Mythic is absorbed completely into EA and they shut down WAR after it fails to reach WoW levels of subscriptions. EA wants a WoW killer, and WAR simply won't be it. The only thing that stands a chance of meeting or surpassing WoW is Blizzard's next MMO.

As much as I loved DAOC; Mythic has a serious problem with kowtowing to the players TOO much, which killed the balance in the game where classes kept being changed due to complaints on the official forums (which were at DAOC Vault). Mythic simply doesn't have the discipline that Blizzard does in terms of polish and focus on maintaining the game's integrity over the long run.

An example would be if Mythic were running WoW and enough players went to the forums and whined that Pyroblast should be an instant-cast spell. Mythic would likely change it just to shut up the vocal minority of forum whiners, which would debalance the mage class and cause a domino effect. It happened ALL the time in DAOC.

WAR will likely do a bit better than Age of Conan, only to see a similar drop off a few months after launch and be supported by a very loyal DAOC fanbase who sees this as DAOC2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back