• Friday

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to necro a topic, but I've never been a fan of starting a new one without need. If I should have just started a new one, let me know, and I'll make sure I do right next time. That being said...

Anyone else still playing this game? I just booted it up again to further boost my hype for the upcoming Yu-Gi-Oh! XBLA game, but now I'm hooked on Magic again.

Let me know if you'd like to play some matches sometime. I'm outta practice, but I think I'd get back on track pretty quickly.

Hey,
New to the forum, but looking for some good gaming friends on Xbox. A community for gaming nights sounds great. I like playing all co-op, and multiplayer games. If I don't have it, i'll be happy to pick it up. I'm mostly playing FPS games. :)
Send me a friend request and I'll add you.

Uzzo - Starting an XBL party is the best way to connect before starting a game in my experience. Then we can discuss what to play and how.

Hope to chat with you guys in the forum and on XBL.
Gamertag: Jakeulas

MtG is a good game I played for years...is the 360 version any good compared to the real card game? If it is still on sale for $5 I am there! :D

[DaRtH] IrIsH;383683 said:
Just picked this game the other day on sale for 400 MS points. It's pretty fun even though i have no clue what's going on lol
Definitely play the tutorial. Seriously. Helps make sense of the gameplay system. The more you play, the more you'll get it. Trust me, though... hitting up the glossary will help a lot with understanding card functions. Also, if you hit RT to zoom on a card, then hit RB once zoomed, you can click through all of the things the card you're looking at can do (explains things like "haste" and "landfall" with glossary excerpts... but you can see it right in the game instead of going through a series of menus).

Or, better yet, add me to your friends list on Live, and I'll play some unranked games with you and explain anything I can.

MtG is a good game I played for years...is the 360 version any good compared to the real card game? If it is still on sale for $5 I am there! :D
The 360 version is basically a streamlined introduction to MtG designed to bring new people into the fold. It removes full deck building functionality in order to give a more even playing field for players. However, you can unlock decks and extra cards for each of the decks you have through continued playing. I think the core game comes with around ten decks and fifteen unlockable cards for each deck. There are two expansions, and they each offer three new decks (each with fifteen unlockable cards of their own), three new cards for each previously available deck.

Oh. Land cards are not included in any of these numbers, and land cards are automatically added to your decks.

The downside is definitely the lack of deck building. However, the rest of the game is pretty awesome. The lack of purchasing booster packs is nice. It plays really well; I blame it for my picking up real MtG decks, so it's definitely got something going for it.

Also, if you're into puzzles, there are a number of challenges in the game that give you a near impossible scenario, a predefined hand of cards, and one turn to defeat your opponent against all odds. If you like this sorta thing, then I'd say the challenges alone make the $5 purchase price worth your while. I've spent hours and hours bashing my head against a wall trying to figure some of them out.

It's a really fun game, and I recommend it without hesitation (especially at $5). Just be aware ahead of time that it isn't the full Magic experience (on a side note, there's a Yu-Gi-Oh! game coming to XBLA soon that looks to offer the full YGO experience). Despite being an XBLA game that's been out for a year, it's still easy to find matches online, too.

If you get it, add me to your list.

I really love this game, and my hype for it shows through. I hope I didn't kill you with information overload.

Edit: I should probably post up my XBL tag since I'm saying "add me." lol My tag is Kendrik The Red. Hope to see you guys online.

Last edited:
The downside is definitely the lack of deck building. However, the rest of the game is pretty awesome. The lack of purchasing booster packs is nice.

Yeah...the ability not to build my deck is something I DO NOT like, but might be able to deal with...however...I agree 100% on the no buying boosters thing...that is what pulled me away from Yugioh Online! for PC...

Yeah...the ability not to build my deck is something I DO NOT like, but might be able to deal with...however...I agree 100% on the no buying boosters thing...that is what pulled me away from Yugioh Online! for PC...
I'm not fond of the lack of deck building, either, but if you take the game for what it is (an accessible and streamlined take on the game) rather than what it isn't, it's a really fun game; it just doesn't hold up compared to the real deal. Then again, you can buy the game and both expansions right now for roughly the equivalent cost of an intro deck from the latest block.

Since you know MtG, I'll add in that most of the decks seem to be built with M10 in mind, but expansion pack 2 takes some nods from Zendikar (especially in a white/green deck with trucktons of landfall bonuses).

I now know why it is only $5...if you want the full decks featured they are $1 a piece...on PC they are free through unlocks... Also, I am leaning towards the steam version because I have 4 computers and only 1 xbox...so it would be easier to play my friends and family...

I now know why it is only $5...if you want the full decks featured they are $1 a piece...on PC they are free through unlocks... Also, I am leaning towards the steam version because I have 4 computers and only 1 xbox...so it would be easier to play my friends and family...
Er... sorry... I guess I didn't really explain that whole deal very well earlier. It's true that you can pay to unlock full decks if you are in a hurry, but if you have the patience to unlock the cards, they are free through playing the game. Same as the PC version.

Side note: I'm pretty sure the reason the XBLA version is $5 is because it's one a few games that the Marketplace reduced the cost of as an E3 celebration deal since that's what I read last week. I think it is a limited time offer, but I'm not really sure of that.

Anyway, the PC version really does make more sense in your case given your hardware situation (assuming that Steam allows you to run the game on multiple machines at the same time), but I just wanted to set the record straight on the unlocking thing. ;)

Last edited:
New XBLA Castlevania

I just got done reading IGN's preview of a new Castlevania game coming to XBLA. I'm kinda surprised that it is being made with multiplayer in mind, but I'm still pretty excited for it. Up to six people can play (don't know about same console yet, but I'm guessing no). It looks to take its inspiration from Symphony of the Night level design, but the gameplay is meant for short bursts. There are a number of levels, and in each level, you have ten minutes to find the boss and kill it. You're able to save items and money earned in each attempt and apply them toward upgrades for future runs.

It definitely doesn't look like a typical Castlevania game, but I'm looking forward to it. It's supposed to come out this summer.

Any of you think you'll be picking it up?

Blur - $10 @ BB B&M

Copied from game sales thread.

Blur for PS3/360 for $10+tax @ BestBuy in store. Be aware YMMV on coupon stacking, though you shouldn't have a problem. I didn't, and both coupons scanned at the register.

Game - $39.99 sale

Reward Zone coupon -$10
http://www.myrz.com -> go to gamers club -> special offers -> blur coupon.
If you ever buy @ BB, you should already have your account set up. If not you're losing out on free rewards that actually do stack pretty well.

Manufacturer's coupon -$20
http://www.blurgamepromotion.com/
Forces you to install a "coupon printer", but only takes a minute.

From what I hear, the game is great...and $10 is not a bad deal for a new PS3/360 game less than a month after release. :)

June 2010 Chapter report!

Its that time again leaders, time to take turns dunking Uxzero's head into different colored cans of paint to give him the colorful mohawk he so deserves....wait, wrong speech, sorry bout that folks.

Its time to post your June 2010 chapter reports!! Please go here to do so. Thank you!

FF XIII - $20 @ Best Buy (7/18-7/31)

FF XIII is $39.99 @ Best Buy now with a $20 coupon through reward zone, brings it down to $19.99. Takes like 5 minutes to do.

To print the coupon, go to:
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/

Sign in and then go to the gamers club...special offers -> gamers club or:
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/gamersOffers.jspx

Click on Special Offers (left), click on the FF coupon, and print.

If you bought the game here within the last 30 days, you can also take the coupon in for a price adjustment.

Dragon Age: Origins & Awakening

Anyone like this game other than me? Seriously, I wish this game would become an MMO-RPG already lol.

Never played it...but after playing 12 years of MMORPGs, I rarely even bother with offline RPGs... I heard it was good, but had some really bad sexual content in it...

Gay sex is an option in the game. If I recall correctly, the game design is about freedom of choice, and that includes sexuality (or lack thereof). Not certain of whether or not sex is avoidable entirely; my gut says it'd be out of character for BioWare to force sexuality, though (since I'm pretty sure it was optional in KotOR, Jade Empire, and Mass Effect).

Whatever the case, the Dragon Age games are high on my list of RPGs I really wanna get my hands on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back