Character Names

Waynos

I had quite a time yesterday making a ranger and a warrior.
most of the names i tried were either taken or it refused to let me use "GOD" or JESUS" in the name.

so out of desperation here is the 2 names i came up with;
Ranger = Faith Mustardseed
Warrior = Sally Vationsfree <------- (salvations free)

it is harder to choose a name than to get to lv5 in an hour and a half hahahaha

anyone else had trouble with names being taken?

Not so far, although I did expect Permanoob or Snookums to be taken when I created them. Fortunately, or unfortunately they weren't. Then again Snookums was made in the first 10 mins of the game. And who really wants to be called a Permanoob?

Last edited:
I keep thinking I want to call my next character, "Veteran". As in "Veteran Asura Thief" or "Veteran Charr Engineer".

But I think I'd get tired too quickly of having a joke name.

Still waiting on a name change contract to appear in the gem store so I can change my Mesmer's name. I was too far along with her before I decided on it. It's complicated enough that I don't expect it will be taken.

Special characters can help as well.

Last edited:
Fortunately for me, I have a theme to my character names and not many people are vying for it. Kendrik The [color] or Shendrik The [color] tend to be readily available most of the time. :D

Would suck to not be able to get a desirable name, though. :/

I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to name my ranger Christopher Robyn... He's already got a Pooh and a Piglet.

That's awesome, Brydon.

I never really cared for Winnie the Pooh when I was a kid.

Then, as an adult, I read the two original books to my son when he was three. I love Milne's play with language and his gentle humor with characters and their foibles. The first time I read the last chapter of the second book I got choked up. My son was clearly puzzled why his papa was crying and having trouble reading.

There's nothing like reading about the bittersweetness of growing up with your kid in your arms.

Same situation for me as what Kendrik described - most people aren't chomping at the bit to have "Everhardt" as a surname for each of their characters.

Though, I WISH I could change my display name from "Aberforth Everhardt" (my guardian's name) to just plain "Everhardt." Alas, I keep seeing red posts from the GW2 forum moderators stating this really won't be an option ever...

PS - POOH ROCKS!

I love names related to things I like or find funny...and bonus points if there's a pun involved. Very fond of Brave Sir Ryan, The Last Bearbender, Ninja Slade, Volcanon, Chuck Testa (necro of course!), Charrles Xavier, etc. Really need to think of a better name for my warrior, currently Swole Calibur (IE: Soul Calibur).

I made a sylvari last week named Fullwood Alchemist, which I was suuuuuper excited no one had thought of. Got the blonde topknot hair going and everything...even better than expected. Even looks like I'll be able to swing some armor that'll make just one arm look metallic. Someone needs to get on creating an Alphonse character, stat, so we can have fun with them in LA. Big Norn, I'm thinking CoE helmet, big metal everythiing else. Oh yeah.

i tried for several names at luanch and got rejected on almost all of them. joke names have always been my forte. Zeatricksyuno (though i tried to get "tricksy hobbitses" at luanch) is just a dumb way to say "the tricky one". Foilage is my sylvari play on foliage and the foiling of plots (mwahahaha). Charrbacca, Manbearpig, and Yoda where among the at luanch failures. to who-ever got those...grr.

Here are some names i have seen in game
Howdy Duthat
Exwife Slayer

Here are some names i have tried (re-rolled some of them to change races or just start over)
Fleas and Thank You (Charr of course)
Asuram Short
Paws N Effect
I Noah Guy
Adept Grandmaster
Willey Makeit
Capt Pick Hard
Lettuce Thank HIM (Sylvari)
Saint Plankeye

NOTE: before you judge me remember any name that contains JESUS or GOD they won't allow me to use lol

I have a blue skinned Sylvari mesmer with red hair and yellow eyes.

She looks a lot like:
2708669-mystique_tas_colour_2.jpg

I thought about calling her Miss Teak. Teak being a kind of tree.

Just can't bring myself to commit to a joke name, though. Guess I want to identify with my characters too much.

I also recently built an Asura thief with the name, "Bampff" as an allusion to shadow-stepping and Nightcrawler. Started him off as another blue sylvari to look like Nightcrawler, the decided against it, because I couldn't get the likeness close enough for my liking, and "bampf" with an extra "f" is just so fitting for a thief name.

Hah, love Miss Teak. Probably a good thing you stayed away from Bampff...sounds too close to BAMF, which is naughty. :)

Hah, love Miss Teak. Probably a good thing you stayed away from Bampff...sounds too close to BAMF, which is naughty. :)

Really? I had no idea.

What do they use for Nightcrawlers teleport sound now? Haven't read an X-Men book in decades.

Nightcrawler still makes the sound, "BAMF"... I say go for it.

If you're going to never use words that somebody wants to make dirty, eventually you have no more words.

Rainbows are awesome. Cougars are legitimate team mascots. BAMF! is the sound of somebody disappearing in a puff of sulfur. The end.

...Also I just recently rolled a Norn storage character named Bjorn Agyn. It amused me.

I was going to reroll my Norn water ele, Jotun the Baptist, but everyone thinks he oughta stick around.

Back