Dungeons Anyone?

I can probably be home and ready to go by 5:45 PST. How long does Duncan take?

You can go without me - I'll find some people to go later. That is what happened last week.

Last edited:
Or later on Thurs. But I knows it takes a while to even get to Duncan. So we need time and we need to fit everyone's schedule and that has always been the delicate thing between time zones.

Hmmm, i'll have to check thru my chars tomorrow and see who has him and who doesn't. I vaguely recall doing this on my sin fairly easily as a crit barrage, but I can't remember if I actually killed him. I know my Ele and Warrior are there.

9pm is fairly late for me to start, but I'm also on-call this week so I may or may not make it. If we go on Fri or Sat instead of Thurs then 9pm is fine for me. That way we could all go.

I'll post tomorrow evening with my available chars.

Just fyi for anyone who hasn't done all of the pre-duncan bosses (check the quest to see who's crossed off): selvetarm is the zaishen bounty tonight, so a lot of pugs will be going through there tonight.

Later on Friday would be far better for me than on Thursday. Seeing how my time zone is an hour later than eastern. 10:00 on Friday would be better than 9:45 on Thursday.

Ok, I took inventory.

Alexx, my assassin has Duncan. She is probably my strongest character for this dungeon. Amethyst and Scarlet both struggled thru various sections of Slavers doing it with H/H. Alexx managed to complete all 4 effortlessly as a Crit Barrager. She made it to Rand in about 5 minutes. She attempted Duncan with H/H and also made it to Duncan very quickly and swapped out all the spirits. However, I had some bad setups on the heroes and couldn't kill him.

Scarlet, my warrior is also at Duncan. She has completed everything in EotN except Slaver's HM. She has the Legendary Master of the North title and so didn't need to complete. It's always gonna nag me though having that in my quest log.

Amethyst, my elementalist, has finished Duncan before and restarted. She currently has only Thommis completed although I plan to do some of Slavers with Fire Walker this evening. That Selvetarn bounty sounds appealing.

Well, I am now thommis/rand away from being ready for duncan, and I know snake_eyes needs forgewight. My main is a necro, so I've already got the setup for taking out duncan. Just need someone to keep me alive ;-)

Yea, I'm willing to jump in with a group anytime... as long as you can pull me away from FF13 long enough... Just have Reginator give me a call :p

Still need Forgeweight before I can do duncan tho

it was fun. We had a shaky start and went thru about a weekend's farm worth of clovers, but finally pulled it together. Peter Venkmann was an excellent Necro and he was able to expertly bring down Duncan.

I'm sorry you couldn't make the trip.

I typically keep an eye on the zmissions/zbounties on a weekly basis just to see which ones are coming up to give me an excuse to run a particular mission or dungeon.

Just eyeing this week, frostmaw the kinslayer (frostmaw's burrows) is the z-bounty on tuesday.
It's a nice 2500 norn-point zbounty, plus whatever you get for doing the quest, 140 zcoins for hard mode, and the chest drops a few pretty cool weapons such as the silverwing recurve bow/bow of the kinslayer and demon fangs (daggers).

I plan on running this dungeon around 8-8:30est on tuesday if anyone wants to come along. It's a 5-level dungeon, so be prepared for it to take a little time. Snake_eyes and I have hero/henched it a few times, so it shouldn't be too bad (we can bring some candycanes if need be ;-) )

I'll join up either with a Fire Nuker or Spirit Spammer. I've completed this dungeon as well a few times with H/H and it's always a fun trip.

Well, I could go on Crit Barrage, Imbagon, Rit, Derv, Ele, Smiter Monk, or if absolutely needed my Warrior... :p I think these are the only ones who have beat EotN.

I have done Frostmaw's a few times and gaining some zcoins sounds good ^_^

Let me know which prof you'd like best.

Really, just bring the profession you feel the most comfortable playing. Any of those professions can bring some form or combo of damage output and damage mitigation. I'll roll with my necro and can build to augment physical dmg output, or go with minions to serve as extra meat shields.

Back