FOOD!!!!!!!!

escargot = YUCK!! In my book.
Honestly though, I don't know much about french food other than a french dip sandwich, which I do like very much.

Alright well I'll try raw sushi...oysters and things like that, but snail? No thanks

Edit :

On second thought....it might taste pretty good.....

butter and garlic and lots of both - I might eat my shoe with enough butter and garlic

actually - I really did enjoy escargot the two times I've had them.

Had a chance to have some in french quebec many years ago, but couldn't get past the whole "eating a snail" thing. Kinda falls into the same category as the fried squid (accidentally had some of that when I mistook it for a small onion ring :-S )

I'm sure I hada chance to try it once, but the soy burger made me sick to my stomach. Can't remember the big fast food chain there...

I have always enjoyed french fries with gravy when in the Upper Peninsula of MI. With that in mind let's look at one of the favorite foods in Da Yoo P. Once you cross the Mighty Mac (Mackinaw Bridge) you will see dozens of signs for this.

Pasty

I prefer mine without rutabaga or turnips. The only real question for most people is, with ketchup, gravy, or plain? It depends on how much a purist you are.

http://www.hu.mtu.edu/vup/pasty/recipes.htm

You know your wife loves you when she gets you a subscription to the bacon of the month club for your birthday. Ohhhhhh ya.

When I heard about Michigan pasties, I expected them to be like the greasy, tasty sausage and onion, or cheese things you could get from street vendors in London. Yum!

Then I found out a UP pasty is mostly bread and potatoes, and very little flavor. :p It's entirely possible I just didn't get mine at the right place, but I was in the UP at the time.

They rank up there with Krispy Kremes on my "What's all the fuss about?" food list.

When I heard about Michigan pasties, I expected them to be like the greasy, tasty sausage and onion, or cheese things you could get from street vendors in London. Yum!

Then I found out a UP pasty is mostly bread and potatoes, and very little flavor. :p It's entirely possible I just didn't get mine at the right place, but I was in the UP at the time.

They rank up there with Krispy Kremes on my "What's all the fuss about?" food list.

Krispy Kreme fuss: must be fresh and hot out of the glazer. You find that you've already eaten 3 of them before you realize it.

Back