GFC Chapter a Day Bible Challenge (Book of Proverbs) January 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proverbs 5: 6 She doesn't consider the path of life;
she doesn't know that her ways are unstable.

She is too focused on herself and her pleasures to see where she is going.

We need to be focused on what God has for us instead of what we want for our lives

Mark well that God doesn't miss a move you make; he's aware of every step you take. Proverbs 5:21 (MSG)

Not one single move you make...

Mark well that God doesn't miss a move you make; he's aware of every step you take. Proverbs 5:21 (MSG)

Not one single move you make...

after reading Pro 5 this was the verse I had picked out, but you beat me to it =-D.

Proverbs 5:20 said:
20. Why be captivated, my son, by an adulteress? Why embrace the bosom of another man's wife?

This is something I simply do not understand. Why would someone want to do this? Its beyond my comprehension...

Proverbs 5:18 Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.

Wives are a gift from God and God tends to be smart enough to pair up a man with someone who's truly suited to the challenges he's going to face in life. Sometimes we can fail to rejoice in life not because we're unhappy but because the trials we are going through can make us feel like we are failing or disappointing our spouse in some way, but chances are they're probably a bit more resilient about things than you think.

Today was my birthday so my husband determined last night he would go to bed at midnight (his usual time is more like 4am-ish) so he could get up early enough in the morning to make me an omelet for breakfast and that was his one goal for the day. Now he's been pretty sick for a very long time so this is a much bigger deal for him than it may sound, and unfortunately since it was out of habit for him, he couldn't get to sleep when he wanted to and so wasn't able get up when he wanted either so breakfast didn't happen after all. He felt really bad about this so I told him he could make me the omelet for dinner instead. It wasn't really about whether I got an omelet today or not, but that he wanted to do something for me that required restructuring his day that made it special, even if it didn't go as successfully as he hoped. Rejoicing is more of an improvisational art form than a methodical to-do list.

Wives are a gift from God and God tends to be smart enough to pair up a man with someone who's truly suited to the challenges he's going to face in life. Sometimes we can fail to rejoice in life not because we're unhappy but because the trials we are going through can make us feel like we are failing or disappointing our spouse in some way, but chances are they're probably a bit more resilient about things than you think.

Today was my birthday so my husband determined last night he would go to bed at midnight (his usual time is more like 4am-ish) so he could get up early enough in the morning to make me an omelet for breakfast and that was his one goal for the day. Now he's been pretty sick for a very long time so this is a much bigger deal for him than it may sound, and unfortunately since it was out of habit for him, he couldn't get to sleep when he wanted to and so wasn't able get up when he wanted either so breakfast didn't happen after all. He felt really bad about this so I told him he could make me the omelet for dinner instead. It wasn't really about whether I got an omelet today or not, but that he wanted to do something for me that required restructuring his day that made it special, even if it didn't go as successfully as he hoped. Rejoicing is more of an improvisational art form than a methodical to-do list.

It is nice to hear that he still wanted to do something for you. :)

It is nice to hear that he still wanted to do something for you. :)

After that he went out to grind 100k with his lowbie Aion character to buy a pretty dress for mine which was probably not the most pleasant of things in a pvp environment, so he cares, he just has to make due with what he's got to show it.

RT - What a special birthday present

Proverbs 6: 6 Go to the ant, you slacker!
Observe its ways and become wise.

But, keep in mind, the ant does work with purpose, he does not run around in circles making himself look busy.

But the man who commits adultery is an utter fool, for he destroys his own soul. Proverbs 6:32 (TLB)

An utter fool...

16 There are six things the LORD hates, seven that are detestable to him:
17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil,
19 a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers.

Pro 6:16-19

Proverbs 6:20-21 My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother: Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about thy neck.

This also implies an instruction to parents as well as a child. You have to make a priority of teaching your child these things so they have something to bind on their heart in the first place.

Proverbs 7:16-17 I have decked my bed with coverings of tapestry, with carved works, with fine linen of Egypt. I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.

If someone has to work so hard at trying to sell you something, chances are it's not something you really want or should have.

A scoundrel and villain, who goes about with a corrupt mouth, who winks with his eye, signals with his feet and motions with his fingers, who plots evil with deceit in his heart-- he always stirs up dissension. Proverbs 6:12-14 (NIV)

The Message really clarifies this:

Riffraff and rascals talk out of both sides of their mouths. They wink at each other, they shuffle their feet, they cross their fingers behind their backs. Their perverse minds are always cooking up something nasty, always stirring up trouble. Proverbs 6:12-14 (MSG)

You can find me on Righteous Road—that's where I walk— at the intersection of Justice Avenue, Handing out life to those who love me, filling their arms with life—armloads of life! Proverbs 8:20-21 (MSG)

10 Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, 11 for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her.
Pro 8:10-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back